PDA

View Full Version : Rumble 3 "pavillion jam band"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Talon2.5
12-09-2002, 06:02 PM
well, anthony, greg, laker, damage, halveb whats the word?

we all agreed before to stay at the pavillion with this, we know that at this point we have no singer and that if halveb cant make it we have no PA system at this point so whats your thoughts?

can we do it?

do we want to do it?

do we have the people and equipment to do it?

we had snags from doing this over the computer before but overcame it in the end the best we could

should we attempt to make lightning strike twice? or leave well enough alone?

skip

bulldogdaddy
12-09-2002, 08:49 PM
would love to see the guys jam. i don't know but maybe theres a music store that might rent you a decent pa cheap,maybe a donation if it is used in conjuction for the m.a.w foundation. just a thought

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 07:57 AM
hey BDD you play right? when you come to the rumble you wanna stand in on the bass and jam a bit with us if we get something going?

Scream And Fly
12-10-2002, 09:52 AM
We can do it!
We can do it!
We can do it!

Skip will perform another SOLO! This is going to be great!

If I have to fly, I'll be there this year!

Greg

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 10:00 AM
solo huh, i dont think so tim :D but i will be more than willing to participate in the fun!!

lost the bid on the bass guitar on e-bay so heading out to buy one locally sometime this week :D

choices choices :D

who's in on this one? lets have some names

greg you promise, hope to die let skip stick a needle in your eye? :D

ShorePounder
12-10-2002, 10:15 AM
Can I put in for a "definite maybe"? :D

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 10:24 AM
nope, no maybe, no almost made it, no wish they were here, no next year i swear, just flat out vacation plans to rock the pavillion!!

AnthonySS
12-10-2002, 10:59 AM
We are real fortunate to have a pal like you that keeps us on our toes THANKS buddy.

I personally am going to need more prayers, more then anything to get there. Don’t mean to draw any sympathies here, but my situation is pretty tight rite now.

God knows better then anyone that I want to be there with my guitar in hand, a boat, and my lovely wife and or family along.

SO you guys can help me out by keeping good faith about my situation, cause I really want to be there and I am feeling that the time is rite for ‘03

The good news for the day is that fellow SandF'r is certain that I will be there with a new boat and all…I better start getting off this dark cloud and start claiming and praising God for everything good in my life rite now including you guys!!!

THANKS

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 12:20 PM
anthony,

the only reason i am putting in plans to go north again is to play music at the rumble with friends and get to spend time with folks from scream and fly, if this is not something that can happen we need to be honest about it now while there is time

i'm not saying try to put a "band" together per say, we have proven that didnt work well

i'm thinking that the pavillion night jams were a hit with other musicians of scream and fly and would like to be able to plan who is in for the "pavillion jam"

i know you and greg had things come up for last years rumble that you both had to deal with and if it had been planned as a "jam" it wouldnt have been such a catastrophy to pull off what we were "expected" to do

i'm not much into the religion but do think that when he puts you somewhere at a point in time there is a reason he has you there whether it's where "you" planned it or not

everyone has scars from life, and by that i mean all the things that have happened to us good and bad are "scars" they are something that shows, shows in our character as to who we are because of what we have endured in our lives both "good" and "bad"

lets see where the next few months takes all of us :D

AnthonySS
12-10-2002, 12:25 PM
...that makes two of us...I am not into Religion either!!!

But I do believe in God! Sounds like you do too!!!

Good "words of wisdom" on your part!!

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 01:22 PM
last year when it was all over we each came away with opinions of what was bad and what was good, even the pavillion jams we each had an opinion on but that seemed to be a big hit with alot of people

granted we dont want it to end up a freeforall that goes nowhere but just plain noise, it would be nice to have common interest songs to do

so i thought since it's getting planned with dates and all, and folks spoke last year of playing this year i would post and see who ended up "in on the deal" ;)

if theres no solid takers then so be it, if it all ends up "iffy" then no need to persue it

no biggie just wanna get the names to protect the innocent :D

halveb
12-10-2002, 01:23 PM
As Neil Young would say, or is that sing... "Hey, hey, my, my...Rock N Roll will never die."

I can't promise for sure at this early point (I think that by early 2003 I will have a better idea) but I think I might be able to make the Rumble again on the second weekend.

Skip, I wouldn't give up completely on the band idea. It is difficult with all the miles between us and our busy schedules, etc. to get it down perfect (believe me this I know). :D :( ;) However, I don't want this to turn into a free for all since that gets boring for non-musicians.

One thing I know for sure and that is the PA will be setup once at the pavilion and it ain't gonna move an inch until Sunday when I go home. :cool: I just about broke my back carrying that crap up and down in the heat last year. The only thing that kept me from a heart attack is the help I got from the other musicians and their friends, thank you.

I want to do the best we can do with the resources we have. I think if we get a head count of who is gonna be there we could start figuring out some of the songs we could do. We have plenty of time to organize it this year. If we don't have a professional singer step up then I will try and do whatever songs I can and perhaps others will throw their hat into the ring. I know that if I try and sing someone should just take my guitar away 'cause I can't chew gum and walk. :D

What I am trying to say in 5,000 or less words is that if I come I am gonna bring the PA and set it up even if no one is gonna use it, at least I could play some CDs or something through it. I think we can do something similar to last year (only by putting it at the pavilion there will be much less pressure) and have a semi-formal show with an open mic/jam later when all the beverages have taken their proper effect. :D

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 01:35 PM
well there is interest in it as we both know HB, and i would love to see and play music with you and damage again :cool: i know it's a bit early to look at this but we ran outa time on the last one before it was time to head "carrolton way"

i have come to the realization that even though we went through what we did, i had a blast with you guys and would love to do it again, because of who you guys are!! :D

ok enough sentiment ;)

need to hear from the others from last year :cool:

AnthonySS
12-10-2002, 01:38 PM
Here are a few tunes me and my band mates recently added to our playlist that are cool tunes..

WhiteRoom - Creme (love the intro)
Working Man - Rush
Everlong - foofighters
This is How... - NickelBack

I really like that "6 feet under song" by CREED. I love that guitar riff...I got to learn it!!!

Right Now we are rehearsing some traditional X-mas Carols with some edge....

They sound real kool with our 18 yr old female vocalist...she kicks butt!!!

I should bring her to the Rumble...funny thing is a break out into some rush tunes and she says....is that U2???
:D

She would need a shaporone(?) tho!!

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 01:44 PM
she'll be safe with us, her new "big brothers" will take care of her and her safety!!

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 01:46 PM
nickelback is drop "D" tuning and i did download the bass lines to it :D

halveb
12-10-2002, 01:51 PM
Skip, we will get it done. Damage, Inc. are you out there? Bruce Bush, Greg (I notice you didn't say you would let Skip stick a needle in your eye ;) jk).

I am afeared though if we let Joey (I think that's the right name) and Greg get on the stage we'll never get asked back. Of course, there are always the old timers like myself who will always want a little more laid back sound.

Greg, this Joey kid was shredding the guitar up when he played (he's a lefty though). :D Laker is the Eddie Van Halen tribute guy and should definetely make his presence known formally this year.

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 01:56 PM
HB i'll give ya a few reasons i decided to go with four strings.........

greg
laker
joey
eric
you
bruce

skip........BASS :D when it came to six string i was way outgunned hahahahaha but hey!! with the bass i can contribute to the fun!! :D

halveb
12-10-2002, 02:06 PM
I don't know, to be honest I think the Star Spangled Banner solo was the hit and that wasn't a four string. :D :D

Don't sell yourself short but the bass is cool as well. Again, I will always do whatever I can to promote the Rumble Band. That includes trying to learn live sound production, playing guitar, trying to sing (sans guitar), playing bass, playing tamborine or any similar simple percussion instrument.

It was a load of work but I think those of us that did it got a tighter bond out of it than any other Rumbler. I don't mean that to put down anyone else's Rumble experience but I just think we were thrown into a situation that typically doesn't happen to people unless they are the best of friends and have known each other for years. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 02:14 PM
It was a load of work but I think those of us that did it got a tighter bond out of it than any other Rumbler. I don't mean that to put down anyone else's Rumble experience but I just think we were thrown into a situation that typically doesn't happen to people unless they are the best of friends and have known each other for years. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

i could not put that into words any better!!! no sir not any better!! :cool:

i enjoyed my experience with the bass, oddly enough it was a blast for me!! so i'm buying the equipment to be with my buds again and jam :D

Damage Inc
12-10-2002, 03:48 PM
and I'm in!!:cool:

Wow, you guys have pretty much hit the nail on the head. I would love to play with y'all again! I still think we need to find a singer FIRST! As with last year, it will be hard to get a singer to fit the songs. Much easier to pick songs to fit the singer.
I agree with HB on the unorganized jam 100%. That should be something that happens later in the evening, when the drinks are flowing! :D

Hopefully we can get a singer to commit soon so we can get a songlist put together and start practicing. Personally, I would prefer a little longer than 2 weeks to learn all the songs!! :D

Did I hear someone mention Nickelback and Creed? Would love to do a couple of their tunes! :cool:

Let's ROCK!!

AnthonySS
12-10-2002, 04:24 PM
YEP DAMAGE...

Nickel and Creed...

I got to learn some of that Creed stuff...I don't even own any of thier CDs

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 05:16 PM
ok boys i dont get any more serious than this, i did it!! i bought it about an hour after talking with halveb on the puter today!!

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 05:19 PM
ibanez gsr200 transparent red, you can see through to the woodgrain................

Talon2.5
12-10-2002, 06:49 PM
well i plugged it in and jumped in on this, i have no idea yet how this is played but had fun screwing around with it :eek: gonna have to download the tab to this one :D

by the way this isnt zeplin doing it either ;) trivia trivia :D

bulldogdaddy
12-11-2002, 04:21 AM
not bad!not fret buzzin or any other weird noises,your a seasoned vet. bet it's a little wierd switching from those tiny strings to those 4 heavy ones! as far as sitting in i haven't even played in 10 yrs. but after seeing the song list and one song is working man,i might have to get some practice in! doesn't go EEE,D,A-EEE,B,D? plus would love to see ms.bdd's face if i did sit in on a song,she things i am bulls-ting here about being in a band:D

bulldogdaddy
12-11-2002, 04:22 AM
aren't you supposed to wait till christmas to play with your toys!lmao

Talon2.5
12-11-2002, 06:41 AM
thanks for the kind wordson my first attempt BDD!!!

one thing i found it does and wonder if i should take it back is, the bridge pickup has a bad buzz to it :eek: like a bad ground or something :mad:

get this.....my wife said to me......."dont take this wrong ok..but..i like this bass thing better than you playing the guitar" :eek: i said eerrr aahhh whatcha mean? she said you play the guitar with that ....pedal thing....heavy metal sounding crap :eek: i hate that she says.....i said sweety thats the way some of the guitar is supposed to sound in these songs but your just getting a heavier dose of it without the rest of the band playing to listen to......she said why do you play so loud? (loud to her is just off zero)......i said if i screw up when it's loud it makes me crindge and forces me to play it clean, if i play it low i get sloppy when i practice, loud makes me play better its like a teacher yelling at me when i screw up

end result............she said, i like the bass better, i dont mind the sound of that

my thoughts on her comment.........cool crank it up and play along all evening :D

oh and i get to play with them early :D thats because i have to work on christmas, hahahaha works for me!!

175checkmate
12-11-2002, 06:52 AM
Sounds great for a 1st time play. Always wanted to learn to play. Never got around to it. Yet.

bulldogdaddy
12-11-2002, 07:03 AM
don't know if you have evr heard of billy sheehan.played for talas and mr.big.you gotta download some of his stuff!there's an awsome bass solo he does!if you get it crank it up and the honey will start to roll her eyes,lmao,he has all kinds of pedals too

halveb
12-11-2002, 10:21 AM
Good to see Damage Inc. registering for the party again. Start lining up a singer, I know there has to be a crazy son of a down in LA somewhere that help us out.

Great to see that Ibanez Skip but I can't listen to that song and think anything but Zep. I know there was a tribute album by a bunch of artists that did all Zep tunes several years back, was it off that?

Laker
12-11-2002, 12:02 PM
IM IN!
If we get a song list together then lets do it!
As far as the band, again I wont be able to practice much if any at the rumble BUT I am totally up for learning the songs, Either for the band or the Jam or both! I can bring my own guitar and and Amp this year. (We may bring the MiniVan not the mustang....) Any way we slice it If their is music to be played IM IN! And I can do some bass work if Skip gets tired!
Lets get 12 songs together.. A solid list. Im up for just about anything! Of course Metal is my first choice. But Im easy.. What every you guys decide!

Talon2.5
12-11-2002, 03:10 PM
alright laker!! man-o-man lets see

greg-guitar lead-solid transportation a must hehehehe
laker- guitar lead or rythm?
halveb- guitar rythm
damage- drums
talon2.5- bass

bulldogdaddy-stand in on a song or two bass
allison7710- georgia satellites guitar :D sang also
joey-guitar

seasoned singer? not at the moment but H2Onut jumped on the mic for some skynerd ;)

what did we play last year?

gimme 3 steps
got a little change
cocaine
joe walsh
freebird (should not do that again)
homegrown blues jam
johnny b good?

Talon2.5
12-13-2002, 05:42 AM
greg i guess it's time for the avatar guitar changes huh :D

been practicing on the ole bass, my wife said ........ive been watching you play that and i think your more comfotable with that than the others

i told her...... something i have come to realize is that when i play the six string i find i'm trying to always follow the drums, ive always been that way, maybe i'm supposed to be a bass player? i have always loved being around a drum kit, without them it's kinda boring to me (to an extent)

i have aquired a CD with bass and drum tracks and been following the different styles playing along with it, got a chart of all the notes on the bass neck, getting down to some serious study time where i can :D

couldnt help myself on doing this to it though, hated to do it on new paint but it's a hot boaters band right :D .................

bulldogdaddy
12-13-2002, 07:56 AM
gives the rig character,looks great on the red

Talon2.5
12-13-2002, 08:36 AM
it's kinda wierd, i have been looking for something lately and not known what i'm looking for, been bored with the weekly grind i have to live, always feel strung out, hate being "on call" due to the job bla bla bla, then i get into this new bass and it made me feel pretty good :confused: i guess just something new?

ShorePounder
12-13-2002, 09:47 AM
hmmmmm maybe I WILL sell the Strat and the LP and go back to being a drummer. :eek:

halveb
12-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Skip,

Excellent progress with playing along to the CD...one question though? What kinda lower unit you got on that bass and does it run best with a big eared chopper or a cleaver type prop? :p

Damage Inc
12-13-2002, 10:35 AM
Great looking bass, Skip! Looks like the rythym section from last year will be together again! :cool:
I was showing my wife your new toys and she immediatley said, "No, you are not getting a drum set for Christmas!" :( Oh, well! Maybe for my birthday in January!! :eek: ;) :p

Scream And Fly
12-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Skip,

That's a really nice looking bass you have there - and you rock on it for sure! Keep in mind though, that you're a great guitar player too. Music is not about who's better - it's about having a great time, and I don't intend on missing out like I did the last time. I sytill feel that I let everyone down at the Rumble, and I owe it to you all (and myself) to get out there and make a fool of myself on the guitar.

Maybe we can play the songs from the original list? If not, I'm up for anything, as long as I get to act silly and play some 80's glam rock. Ah, the good old days, when I was too young to play, but I wished I could have been up there with Poison. LOL!

Greg

Laker
12-13-2002, 02:44 PM
Nice Bass skip!!
Greg You and me both on acting Silly and making a fool out of myself! Done deal... Besides that is all I can do is fool around anyway!
NOw we are talking! Poison! Love them guys!

Talon2.5
12-14-2002, 12:35 AM
well greg lets rock!! glad you came back into the thread ;)

greg laker halveb are the guitars, anthony if he can make it when he gets to know his schedual closer to the deal

so since you guys are the guitars play all the poison ya want :D

has anyone got someone in mind for singing? theres no one here in our boating thing except hysrostream dave that does any singing , he has a deep voice and not sure he would do it in front of a crowd without being "lubed" up ;)

greg, you guys are the guitarists trust me, wait til ya see laker pick one up, made me put mine down he's good!! i still like the 6 string but with you guys around this will sound good!! halverson is good too thats why i stayed on bass last year :D it's about having fun yes, but with me on 6 instead of you guys it wont be any fun for the crowd hahahaha, bass may not be the most glamorous position in a band but it was fun for me and since i liked it......well you have seen what i think i should play :)

and in staying on the bass damage and i had a good time together :D and if i could afford it i'd send him a kit for christmas :D but wendy cut me off on the spending :eek:

woodco
12-14-2002, 12:44 AM
If yur talkin Female ...... I think we can say that is covered !!!! As
for a male ???? :confused:

I will be at " 03 " but just gonna be quiet for now and not even
talk about playin ...... Just seems to be bad luck to get all psyched
and have it all fall apart at the last moment !!!!!! :mad:

Talon2.5
12-14-2002, 01:08 AM
who ya got in mind woody? c-mon tell us we need the info for a song list ;)

woodco
12-14-2002, 01:20 AM
She sings Karaokie ... Probably spelled that all wrong !!!
She is an awesome lead on female songs !!! And there will be no
stage fright either ......

Boat or no Boat we will be there !!!!!! Period !!!!!!;)

Talon2.5
12-14-2002, 05:13 AM
well something that we have come to the conclusion on is that singing along with anything other than live music is easy, but when it's live and the "Q's" that a singer hears to let them know where to start and come in and so on, are not there when it's live and it will throw off a non seasoned live singer

does she realize that? if she does and it doesnt cause her any problem and she's not concearned with "Q's" she's used to for her to come in and stop in a song then well, looks like she will sing live in front of god and the hotboaters for all to see and hear;)

what songs is she used to singing? whats her favorite type of music?

ive seen some women in bands with some strong voices that did a male song and did it good!!

halveb
12-14-2002, 10:37 AM
Woodco, my rule of thumb for Karaoke singers is that if you can sing the song with the television screen portion turned off you are probably okay.

I like everyone else sing along with the radio and the fact someone else is singing gives clues you don't even realize are happening. That said I am willing to give anything a try cause its all in fun. If it don't work "we have experience in that" then we just make due. :D :D :D

What kind of stuff does she like singing?

woodco
12-14-2002, 10:54 AM
She likes to sing stuff from Cher ..... Juice Newton ....GoGo's
I don't think she would do any Heavy Metal .... :rolleyes:

I'll get her to post on here so I don't get my ass in a sling
for saying the wrong songs ....... :D

I have confidence that she will be able to pull it off ..... ;)

Talon2.5
12-14-2002, 10:54 AM
woody i think these guys are gonna do some heavy metal ;)

you should have seen laker and joey do some metallica last year good stuff!!

as a matter of fact i have it on tape but the view finder was fuzzy due to low light, i'll see if i can get it on my digital and post a clip for ya :D

i saw a guy a few times at a bar that used to sing counting crows me and mr. jones (i think thats the name of the song) anyway, he walked all over the bar while he sang that kareoki song and didnt need the screen and man he sounded good!! coulda been a singer in a band!!

Talon2.5
12-14-2002, 11:01 AM
"we have experience in that"

hehehehe yeah we do!! there was effort put forth, it just didnt work out

woodco
12-14-2002, 11:20 AM
Maybe I can convince her to sing some metal .... ;)

Metallica !!!!!!! :cool:

What about Slayer ?????? Them guys sing and play so fast it's
hard to even understand the words ......

Talon2.5
12-14-2002, 12:01 PM
lookee here!!!..........can you say rock the freakin house!!!!!!!!

man this kicked!! laker on the left, damage on drums, joey on the right :D i just sat with the bass and played with you guys in my living room :D :D wendy loved it!!

Talon2.5
12-14-2002, 12:08 PM
some more of that one just before it went fuzzy

those 3 rocked man!! this is my idea of a pavillion jam!!

Talon2.5
12-14-2002, 12:29 PM
in this one i sat the camera down in the living room and threw in some improv bass :rolleyes:

Laker
12-14-2002, 01:14 PM
ROTFLMAO!!
SKIP Your killing me!!
sloppy But! ALLOT of fun we had, I think that was about 2am wasn’t it?
Scorpions, Six String Sting is that tune!
I gotta start practicing!

Scream And Fly
12-14-2002, 01:28 PM
You guys are the best, and Skip - you're over the top! You rock the house! Keep these great posts coming - I saw them this morning and it just made me smile. This is going to be awesome! Any ideas on what songs you all want to do? Skip, what are you going to play for your solo? Laker, a guitar solo for you too, right? Damage, you know you have to do some trick drum stuff!

Here's a picture of some of my guitars in my studio. Actually, I own three Jacksons and more Ibanez guitars, which are not pictured there, and a few others as well.

Greg

Talon2.5
12-15-2002, 07:43 AM
laker,

at 2 am and being as tired as we all were (i know i was) you guys kicked it!! all 3 of you!! really cool to watch you guys and listen to 3 guys throw something together and jam like that :cool:

so thats the scorpions huh, cool, what album oops i mean CD :D showing my age huh hehehehe

greg,

i did my solo last year as i said i would, i am light years behind you guys on six string, but i think this year it's on you, laker, and joey ;)

or.....greg does one by himself ya ya ya thats it, GREG will do a guitar virtuoso god like fingers over the top crowd cheering rafter shaking solo that will bring the masses to near heartattack levels of sheer musical bliss that will leave them gasping for air and shaking from the shere climax of joy they have had musically bestowed on them :) ya ya thats it!!

gentlemen,

all i know is this, i saw the guys play last year, damage halveb bruce laker joey and eric and in my eyes i see alot of talent, ive heard gregs talent over the phone and he posted that video of sweet child o mine with his band and i still hold hope that anthony may be able to make it, now with all that talent in one area of the country how cool can it be that all that talent comes together and makes music, it's an awsome thing!!!

bulldogdaddy
12-15-2002, 10:05 AM
soudin great!seems like the transition has been a smooth one.

Talon2.5
12-15-2002, 01:22 PM
<----------- hahahaha ok greg another avatar till i think of another one soon :D

bulldogdaddy thanks man!! ive got a good amount of time till the rumble to get used to this bass thing, hopefully we will get some good songs picked and i can get practicing whatever they decide to play :D

greg, you got enough guitars??? :eek:

halveb
12-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Skip,

Greg says free guitar to whoever plays a lead at Rumble 3. :D :D :D Ooops, I guess I shouldn't have spoke for him but I couldn't resist, he's got so many. :D

Talon2.5
12-16-2002, 02:46 PM
for whoever plays lead? darn that leaves me out :eek:

a chant for greg...............

solo
solo
solo
solo
solo
solo
solo
solo
solo

you gotta do it man!! you know you do ;) :p

Talon2.5
12-18-2002, 06:18 AM
hey woody,

did your wife see the comments on singing?

is she still gonna do it?

if so what songs should we do that she can sing to?

laker,

that six string sting will have to be one that gets played again!!

Scream And Fly
12-18-2002, 11:01 AM
Skip, you KNOW you will be the solo-master at the Rumble. You can't get out of it... It's you. You're elected... You're the man. The one, the only... Skip!

Greg : )

Talon2.5
12-18-2002, 04:12 PM
hahahaha sorry bud!!

i did the skid row crash and burn last year now it's all you!! :D

AnthonySS
12-18-2002, 04:20 PM
...Hey cool news did you know that FENDER Bought Jackson now.

I might look into a Jackson now:)

http://www.fender.com/60cyclehum/

Here's another cool tune to consider for the list..

"OHIO"

halveb
12-18-2002, 05:32 PM
One of my all time favorites...I love that riff. :D Anthony I really hope you can make it this year. All these young guys are gonna outnumber me and I'll end up playing all heavy metal songs. :D

Oh well, I guess if I turn it up loud and shred no one will be able to tell I can't play, jk they'll know.

P.S. How is your search for a new STV going, has your situatino improved to allow the search? Hoping so.

Talon2.5
12-19-2002, 08:48 AM
yeah anthony i hope you can make it to R-3 !! you have to be there to witness gregs solo!! it will be enjoyed by all!!

he owes us this :D i already payed my rumble solo dues ;)

and HB you better quit that!! you play damn good son!! :D

AnthonySS
12-19-2002, 09:14 AM
I really appreciate your consideration of me!!! God knows I really want to be there.

Like Greg , I feel I really let you guys down last year...so I am keeping optimistic...That's all I can say.

By the amount of guitar players we may have...we might want to do a couple of bands.

Bob I would certainly support you on the classic rock stuff...so hopefully it will come together.

There is another dude that should be in on this GIG too....so hopefully I will draw him out....He runs a speed shop in the midwest and he has been playing some killer bass with his new GIG...C'mon ---...step up and be counted!!!

Did someone say boat>>>>

All I can say is that we are persuing a budget ride...I will let you know more if and when it is sitting in my driveway...I'll need a lot of help from you guys if it comes...cause it will be a project boat!!!

Currently it has no motor either!!!

See if you can figure out want this mystery rig is...there is a minor clue in the photo

halveb
12-19-2002, 10:04 AM
Looks like a Vector but the seats don't look right and I don't recall Streams having a davitt on the bow like that. Budget ride beats the heck outta no boat. Good luck Anthony and keep us updated.

Mmmmmhhh...Bass playing speed shop guy from the Midwest. Could you give us a hint and name the state? Did he attend last years Rumble? Is he a member on this board? Give us more, I feel like outing someone (damn closet musicians). :D

Skip, I am the background kind of guy. I just wanta see stuff happen. You are the Jedi Master and are destined for stardom (at least on this board but then again what else matters). ;)

AnthonySS
12-19-2002, 10:08 AM
Keep Guessing on the hull, the cleat is the small clue!!

The guy is a board member and well respected in our sport...Not going to name the state

Talon2.5
12-19-2002, 11:08 AM
well halveb looks like we dont have to play anything this year, we can sit back kill a few drinks and watch greg, laker, anthont and the miswest bassist take care of business, thewn we can have our vacation :D ;)

halveb
12-20-2002, 06:00 PM
I'm gonna want to record 'em cause this year I might get my boat wet more than just on Thursday. It was too damn hot to boat in my Black Beauty anyway.:cool:

Scream And Fly
12-20-2002, 06:13 PM
Skip, you're not gonna wiggle your way out of this one! No solos for me - I'm retired. Just basic rhythm. YOU are the solo man.

Anthony, looks like a Vulture to me. The recessed cleat area was the giveaway!

Greg

Talon2.5
12-20-2002, 06:30 PM
you aint retired yet!! you got one more show to do buddy!!

i did my job last year, this is your year!!

you wont talk me into that again ;) this time the solo is yours or lakers :cool: and the bud lights and the chair is mine :D

halveb
12-20-2002, 06:31 PM
Skip this is shaping up like last year, one singer, 200 rhythm guitar players, no one on bass, and one drummer. :D

I say we just refuse to play until Greg does the lead guitar stuff.

Talon2.5
12-20-2002, 10:47 PM
hhhhhmmm go on strike till our demands are met huh :D

ok sounds good :D

it does have the "air" of last years thread doesnt it :eek:

halveb
12-21-2002, 02:10 PM
Organized labor...don't mess with us or your pension funds will head South. :D

silly
12-21-2002, 03:35 PM
I would love to help out and sing just want to tell ya I have a deep voice.There is men songs out there that I can do pretty good As for high pitch I can't do.Like Joe said i'm not shy I will try anything!!!!!!!The way I look at it is It's all about having fun I'm one for not caring if I make an A$$ out of myself theory here is never know unless ya try...................I sing to the radio all the time and just try to do my best at Karoke!!!!!!!!!!!!Some songs thogh I don't know all the words so all of yas are right it is alot different live compared to on the tv screen!!!!!!!!!!One of my favorites is "WE"RE NOT GONNA Take IT"by twisted sister.If I know the words to songs from the heavy metal groups then I'll sing them if thats okay with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to meet yas all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lundi;) ;) ;)

Scream And Fly
12-21-2002, 03:38 PM
It would be so fun to do that song! I think SKIP would do great with that solo! What do you think Skip? 80's metal lives!

Greg

silly
12-21-2002, 03:42 PM
I love stuff from the 80's even though I'm not that oldLOL.I was a toddler in the 80's.But late 80's i was at my teen years so its stuff i grew up with:D

Scream And Fly
12-21-2002, 03:46 PM
I was in my teens in the late 80's as well - what a great time that was, although I was too young to play in a band at that time. The 80's metal bands were certainly a memorable era, although some would like to forget about them! The 80's metal scene was different than it is today... Back then it was a competition: which band could outdo the other, who had the best guitar player/drummer/vocal person, etc. It really made for some wild acts that you just don't see in the mainstream today.

Greg

silly
12-21-2002, 03:49 PM
Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!

Hey did you try calling here last night??????????

Scream And Fly
12-21-2002, 03:51 PM
No, I didn't... Why do you ask?

Greg

silly
12-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Joe thought it was your number on our caller id

Scream And Fly
12-21-2002, 03:54 PM
It would be cool to say hi though! I don't have your number : )

My numbers are:

516-799-2702
516-343-3757

Greg

silly
12-21-2002, 03:57 PM
You can call and say hi if ya want
315-255-2686:D

Laker
12-21-2002, 04:16 PM
Oh ya
Skip IS the Solo master you know!!!

Talon2.5
12-23-2002, 07:50 AM
solo? me again? hhhmmmmm i think i got transmission trouble ;)

ya see guys when "looking" at me doing the solo i am having a vision problem..............i cant see it happening!! :D

AnthonySS
12-24-2002, 10:02 AM
GREAT to hear your on board with this and your main objective is to have fun...

I agree that is all about heart and not talent here...Heck I am fotunate to play with folks that have a lot of heart and its a heck of a lot LESS stressful then playing with those that have MEGA talent!!

SO SIGN UP MRS. WOODCO!!!

Hope all of us can make it...like I said sounds like we have a number of potetial band here ...SO I THINK there is going to be a lot of music going around all weekend!!!

"We're not going to take it"...YEAP that SOLO has Skip written all over it....Start workin on it SKIP we'll help you if need!!

Where's the other female singer KATHLEEN???

We might have the making of "Anne and Nancy" here...I could get into some "Crazy on You" or "Bacaruda"

Talon2.5
12-24-2002, 10:32 AM
no solo for me this year ;) practicing bass :D

silly
12-24-2002, 11:14 AM
I may not have the best talent but like I said before it's all about having fun............;) I hope someone can play Cher"Believe"Thats one of my best and favorites:D :D :D

Kathleen Michelle
12-24-2002, 11:57 AM
NO WAY!!!!! I will do KARAOKE with Silly anytime and if I am toasted enough while you guys are playing I might grab the mic but not Skips!!! It takes more practice then I had to get the words out with the band playing right there with me.... Halveb was correct my mind was programmed to the CD.... I could sing with the cd but I couldn't get it together with the guys playing.... They had lots of patience with me.... trust me!!!

Let Silly go for it!!!! Like I said I'll join in once I get reved (spell check) up!

Talon2.5
12-24-2002, 12:18 PM
hehehe yeah kathy leave my mic alone :D i give you alot of credit for showing up at least

kareoke and playing live are two different animals, it's like comparing a dove to a vulture, totally different, and then to add insult to injury theres no effects to make your voice sound better, it's just you the mic and the world watching

it does make me wonder though, de ja vue is happening here ;)

silly
12-24-2002, 12:20 PM
AH we'll just do it and make the best of it .....It'll be fun:D :D

Talon2.5
12-24-2002, 12:43 PM
i just found out aaahhhh uummm oh i am having brain surgery that week of the rumble aaaahhhh yeah thats it uuumm sorry i cant make it uuummmm ya'll have a good time and uuhhhh we will read about how it worked out here on S&F :D

halveb
12-24-2002, 02:51 PM
Skip what type of brain surgery???? Installation????? Just kidding buddy, I couldn't resist. :D

Talon2.5
12-24-2002, 04:57 PM
i gotta have it looked at 'cause i musta been nuts thinking this could work a second time :eek: :eek: :D

so at this point i think this should not be billed as a "band" like it was last time, like instigator stated in his awards post, he saw someone different playing at the pavillion when he would walk by

i think this would be more fun as a pavillion jam, NOT a wreckless mayhem jam but do actual songs all the way through as picked by the folks playing and singing

we apparently have no seasoned band singers on scream and fly, i dont think thats really a bad thing but at the same time there was only one guy at rumble 2 that sang a black sabbath tune (war pigs) and i think he was a local 'cause i only saw him that night only, he wasnt the greatest singer but somehow he knew when to start and when to stop and knew the words by heart and THAT is what made it fun for the spectators other than the fact he was a funny drunk guy :)

if silly and kathy do it as a team maybe they can work off each other with kathy as backup? (did i just say that?) :eek:

anyway, we know putting a band together over the internet didnt work last year, it only worked out half decent with folks that were there in person with shere determination to do what they said they would do for instigator

i agree with the "lets have fun" thoughts, i also have seen those style get togethers do nothing but go 1/4 way through a song just to have it fall apart and go right into another one only to do that one half way and it fall apart, not an entertaining venue for the spectators!!

like i said on the first page of this thread....

i'm not saying try to put a "band" together per say, we have proven that didnt work well

this can be fun and that we have proven, but seriously who can actually put a band together over the internet? we cant hear each other unless we record wav files to share, when ya get in the real world of playing together timing is everything, ability is a must, and being embarrassed in front of folks is a solid no go, cant happen or it will fall apart

i'm writing this as my thoughts and in no way to critisize anyone, this can be sooooo much fun if taken seriously ;)

shorepounder, my brother and myself were at the airport where i worked on helicopter blades one night in the shop with 3 guitars and 3 amps, pounder had come up with his own tune and we practiced playing it, well at first it was just as it should be, 3 novice guitarists each with different skills each with a part to play and it was rough, we had no drums or bass guitar just us 3, well after HOURS of practicing this thing we had it down to where my brother and i could change positions on the fretboard at the exact same time to the split second without even looking at each other as pounder made his way through his lead break and came back in with us and back out to some more lead and back in, it was fun as it could be!! we were on time, tight, rockin, 3 different guitars with 3 different parts to play but yet we were one, my point here is that being together and determined made it work more so than skill level but at the same time if one of us were to fall apart that night it would NOT have worked like it did

determination when we all get together at the rumble and seeing it through to the end and working with each other is what will bring out the music, in other words i guess, this is more than talking in a thread, it's real, it will put you in front of the boating crowd for all to see and hear and if it's just a whim to jump in here on a computer and say yeah i'll do it, when it comes time to actually do it, you have to be ready to do just that, do it and see it through to the best of your ability leaving behind the shyness and pulling out the shere determination in you, pulling out all the stops of what your made of

damage inc , halveb and bruce bush pulled out all the stops last year and saw it through to the grueling end, the bar owner told us to do it even without a singer last year, he said i sent out flyers all the way to louisville about you guys!! dont let me down!! you gotta do it! instigator pulled off one hell of a get together, when he heard the lead guitar couldnt make it he found a man to jump in right out of the boating crowd, he really wanted us to come through and be of our word that we were gonna play, he too had promoted us and if we failed we would let him down massively.................REAL WORLD ****!!

4 guys had to re-do the entire set list and spend days practicing new songs together and missing most of the rumble activities due to trying to put a band together over the internet and sitting in front of a computer has different dedication levels than being together in person coming through with what you promised a man you would do and plans were made according to your word

playing at the pavillion takes off a bit of the pressure of pleasing a bar owner but still deserves full determination and commitment to seeing it through

when you sign up in a thread then your counted on to be real and come through with who you say you are and do what you say you can do, when we get there and the position you signed up for comes up empty, it screws the whole deal

just thinking out loud so you know where my thoughts are, no bashing or attitude intended!! simply stating my thoughts :D

halveb
12-26-2002, 03:09 PM
Skip,

I couldn't agree more and I think that everyone that will eventually be involved agrees and will give it their best. I also would like this to be as professional as possible and as fun as possible (it does require some dedication though for sure).

We will talk more (what else is there to do as the snow falls in our winter wonderland - and no I don't want to hear about your Florida boating adventures while were covered in the white stuff. :D)

Just waiting for someone to take the lead this year (and I don't mean guitar). Who wants to organize, get song list, etc.?

Damage Inc
12-26-2002, 05:29 PM
Here are a few of my thoughts. First off, let's define what we have so far.

Pavillion "jam" band - No Tiki Bar

Lots of guitarists, one bassist, one drummer, no singer with live experience.

Let me start by saying I had alot of fun last year, even with all the B.S. My fellow band members are all exceptional individuals.

My biggest problem with a "jam" band is the lack of organization. As Skip mentioned, you end up with alot of 1/4 and 1/2 played songs. Not only does that suck for the audience, but it is one of my musical pet peeves! It seems that every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has ever picked up a guitar knows the main riff to a song or some other recognizable piece of the song, but never the whole thing. It gets frustrating playing along with a song only to see it fall apart.
I do not currently own a set of drums, and had to borrow a friends kit last year, which he was kind enough to let me drag halfway across the country. I had to move out my wifes kitchen table so I could have a place to practice. My wife put up with me banging on those things for a couple of hours a night to learn the songs for last year (which we never played). I know other band members went through similar situations! I have no desire to go through that again this year only to have the same results or play bits and pieces of songs.
If we can get a set list and some REAL commitment from a core group to LEARN the songs, I am all for it. A singer is not a necessity, but would definately be a HUGE plus.
Maybe I am missing what y'all are wanting to do with this thing, but here are the two choices I see.
Either call it a jam, and just jam (bits and pieces) or call it a band and play some songs for the Rumble crowd. If it is only going to be a jam, then I am out.

My $.0000002

Talon2.5
12-26-2002, 05:47 PM
well i think the true core has spoken :D

pavillion band, take the jam out that i put in there, no jam session of 1/4 song fall aparts

people i think are serious, correct me if i'm wrong.........

halveb
damage
laker
talon
silly- sounds serious, ready for commitment?

i understand that this is reeeaaalll early to say a 100% definate to, but we have to be serious as stated in threads above and if you commit we need ample time to change people, if for some reason you have to back out, anthony gave ample time last year and that deserves alot of respect!!

who else is serious enough to commit with no BS? been there done that, sorry just need to be dead in line with whats up here ;)

then the songlist will come into play

as damage said

It gets frustrating playing along with a song only to see it fall apart

thats no sheot there!!!

Talon2.5
12-27-2002, 09:07 AM
instigator,

what do you want to see happen with this?

Instigator
12-27-2002, 09:57 AM
Once again we have the "MEN" from last year!
It sucks seeing what you guys are going through already!
I felt so bad for you guys being screwed by the no shows last year. I may have made it worse by putting pressue on you guys to play anyhow.
But you did, and you all have reason to be proud! I know I was.
Now for next year.
Very good points made by all.
I think with what happen'd to you guys last year, playing at the bar is out of the question even if you wanted to play there. You guys rocked but all Bill (bar owner) knows is that part of the band "no-showed" and that pretty much screws us for playing there again:mad:
The pavillion is a great idea as far as I'm concerned for a couple of reasons.
#1. It helps relieve you guys from playing on someone elses schedule.
#2. It helps relieve you guys of the pressue of dealing with "no shows".
#3. It was great fun this year, seeing "guest" musicians set in and "jam".
#4. It also helps keep all the 'action" more centrally located.
Now, I had no thought of Rick's concerns about the difference between a band and a jam session.
I will go on record and say that I am blown away by Ricks statement of "band or nothing".
That statement took balls, and for that, I say to Rick, "you Dah Man"! (and I completely understand)
Not sure what we do to assure band members attendance??
Guess I have always thought that after Rumble II's fiasco, that we would love to have every one attend and participate that "says" they're going to, but if they have a black eye from this year--------
Don't count on em until they show!
Can you guys work with those that are "saying" they are coming but also be prepared to go it alone if they "no show"??
I know that you guys had practiced songs for this year based on Greg's attendance and some of them ended up being songs that only he knew, or could do!!
What if the "original" band picks the songs?? Don't do the funky **** that someone else wants you to learn if your screwed if that person "no shows".
Keep it fun, and make it fun for next year. "PRIORITY ONE"!!
I know I watched you guys bust your ass for three days in 100+ degree heat trying to dig your asses out of a hole that some one else threw you in.
None of you guys even got the chance to participate in the Rumble!!
In reality, with what happend, you guys got screwed out of your Rumble fun other than the freakin band!!
I don't want to see that happen again, PERIOD!
You guys (the original) band have my full support and authority to decide and do what you think is right, what ever that is.
If it's just a jam session, so be it.
One thought that jumps to mind for me, what if you fine who ever no shows :eek:
Pick a number and if a person "no shows" that number gets donated to the Make a Wish.
Make it steep enough to hurt, but low eneough to have it actually be paid.
Make it an up front fee to be part of the band. If you show, you get your money back. If you bail, it goes to needy children!
You would of course have an "out clause" for any kind of "real" (health, family) emergency.
If that person agreed to the terms, and then bailed on you, and welched on his fine, he would be "black balled" from S/F and our family!
**** EM!
On the vocals part, I agree with you guys too.
If you aint sang live, it aint the same and you can't count on that person.
Nothing personal to those that want to try (try it at home now)but no way in hell we can have the whole band base their song list on a vocalist that could also screw them if they can't perform live!
I know Tony Wilson (Speedracer) has close personal friends that are band members in the Carrollton area. These guys are the real deal, and he offer'd to (actually tried to get them to help bail us out last year) ask their help.
Problem with that is, they play to make money. So if they agree to play with us and two weeks before the Rumble they get the chance to book a gig on the same date, what do you think they'll do??
Another idea I had was to hire a band??
It (their fee) would come out of our budget/grant money (which we don't have yet).
The guys are local, and do the "Blues" as their main style.
They currnetly have 5 CD's out (I have all 5), and they rock!!
I took Donna to the local pub where they play the other week.
They have a pretty cool gig.
It's basically open stage night, but this guy and his band are on stage and playing with you the whole time.
He sings lead and plays lead gutair. Have also seen him do keyboards.
They do rock!
I've already approcahed him about the possibilities of them being involved in Rumble III.
I explainded that the only way I would be interested would be if he allowed "my boys" to sit in.
I also told him it would be under the gazzebo and he said no problem with either.
What do you guys think??
I don't want to take anything away from you guys, but if you're part of it too??
I love you all, and will stand behind what ever you want to do.
You guys bailed me out this year, next year is all yours!
Gary

halveb
12-27-2002, 11:34 AM
I also agree with Rick that the organization needs to happen. That said we have to be ready for anything. I also can't stand the endless meandering of musicians who aren't well prepared. That works for a little while but it gets real tiring for non-musicians to listen to. I will say the Rumble audience was very patient and forgiving but I wouldn't want to face the Tiki locals again :eek:.

Instigator, I think you have put forth some good ideas. First of all if you could swing a professional band somehow that would be awesome (especially if we could sit in a few songs here and there). I think that would be even more fun for the folks attending the Rumble and for the amatuer musicians (especially those that only got to use their boat once at Rumble II :D). Truth be told though I don't think unless you turn down the furnace next year I'll be spending much more time in my black beauty anywho.

If you can't swing the professional band the idea of a non-refundable deposit (except in cases of dire emergency) isn't a bad idea either. I don't want to discourange anyone from participating but at the same time I would like some dedication from those who do and that may be the ticket.

Laker
12-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Ok time to chime in…
The Idea of a local band playing and letting some of us sit in for a song or two would be almost Ideal.
Karaoke would also be Amazingly fun, any that has done it knows it’s a great time!
The Idea of setting up a band over the internet could only really work if it’s a bunch of semi pro session or pickup players who have 100 songs inside their heads, and if everyone shows. The chances of that happening are slim to none. We are at the rumble because we love to boat and that’s the way it should be, I knew early on that the pressure to make a band work would remove me from the boating part of the event and that could never happen. A jam with some drum machines would be fun.. Karaoke or a local band is really the way to go! Then we can RUMBLE in more ways than ever!!:D :D

Talon2.5
12-27-2002, 02:48 PM
The Idea of a local band playing and letting some of us sit in for a song or two would be almost Ideal
yep it would

First of all if you could swing a professional band somehow that would be awesome (especially if we could sit in a few songs here and there). I think that would be even more fun for the folks attending the Rumble and for the amatuer musicians
yep it would

i know i didnt want to be "stuck" in a bad position again
i didnt want to have "all day" practices
i wanted to be able to play songs at night
i always thought it was cool the it was the boating guys attending the rumble that made the music

but it looks as though a hired band is the way to go huh guys

Damage Inc
12-27-2002, 03:50 PM
Sounds like the general consensus is for a professional band. I think this would be a great idea. Having a professional band would allow for more boating time and it will be alot of fun for S&F guys to "sit in" on a few tunes.
Just last weekend at a friends Christmas party I was forced (yeah right) to sit in with the band for a song. It was the first time some of my friends and my wife have ever seen me play. I was a little nervous already which got worse when the guitarist/singer turned to me and said, "We're gonna play Mustang Sally." I told him I had never played that song. He said, "That's alright, you'll figure it out." Fortunately I had at least heard the song a few hundred times!! They were really good sports and if I messed up Iwhich I'm sure I did) they did not seem to care.
Anyway, I think this idea will take the pressure off and allow everyone to just have a good time. Just think guys, no draggin' equipment around in 100+ heat!!
Gator,
No - YOU DA MAN!! :D Thanks for all you've done to help us out. Hope we haven't added to your headaches! ;)
To my boys, Skip and HB - You guys are the S&%T!! Maybe the three of us can come up with a song or two that is easy to learn and we can have a one or two song reunion!! :D :D 1st round is on me this year!!

halveb
12-27-2002, 04:10 PM
Damage, no doubt on us doing a few songs. I still plan on playing somehow, someway. It may only be with an acoustic guitar unplugged when everyone is drunk enough but with you guys and full instrumentation would be better (this of course will still take some practice and organization but not nearly as much). We still have to do that Metallica song. You know I had never heard that song before we started the Rumble band (or at least I hadn't paid any attention) and since then I hear it at least once a week, go figure.

Skip, don't think I'm giving up on the Rumble band concept at all but I think it is more realistic that we do a few songs well and enjoy ourselves more. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make this a success.

I may be putting words in Instigators mouth but I don't think we could fail him and whatever effort we do is appreciated. The question is, is having a professional band what Rumble attendees want? Is it cost prohibitive? Would everyone be willing to chip in $5 (if there were 200 attendees that's $1,000 should cover a band)? I am always willing to strap on the ol guitar and make a fool of myself (within reason) and fully intend to at the next Rumble.

I for one would like to do a set of songs like we had planned last year. Each person may end up doing only a few songs since we have so many people. Personally I want to do it to expand my musical talent and portfolio. That's my selfish goal (self serving) but I will go with whatever Instigator wants. I definetely agree that the Tiki is out though (although it was nice of the owner to offer up last year).

Count down to Rumble continues.....

Talon2.5
12-27-2002, 05:21 PM
i just got off the phone with H2Onut because he's coming over in the morning for us to tweak on his motor a bit

i told him it looked like no rumble band this year, may hire a band instead, i guess he looked at it as i did when he said it was boaters who made the music and thats why it was so cool

wonder if they all feel that way? dunno what to think really at this point, i too would like to play like halveb said, but like damage said also and so did laker.....wanna have more rumble time too

HB what songs are you proficient at playing all the way through that are rock tunes of any era that are no work for you to rip off on the 6 string?

damage and laker, same question to see what we got thats no brainer songs for a small jam of boating guys

AnthonySS
12-27-2002, 06:17 PM
...I am not sure what to think all this talk...kind of bums me out a bit that I cannot make a firm commitment at this time...also sounds like some are second guessing thier abilities in favour of a pro band... (don't short change yourself guys).

Sounds like others really want to baot more then Gig and thats OK too.

I would be the first to agree that "Being tight" is "job one" and bands become PRO by doing that...playing alot together for some time..." That is where the Inet Band will unfortunately lack!!!

Anyway...like I said I " not sure what to think " "but if music be the food of love...play on"

but also recognizing that

"without water, there is NO Life"

:rolleyes:

ANYWAY where are those singers???:cool:

halveb
12-27-2002, 06:21 PM
Skip we have to do it even if a pro band is hired. I really don't see that as mutually exclusive. Here's a few songs that I have done in the past, you'll recognize some of them as adopted songs from last year's Rumble.

I Got A Little Change In My Pocket - Georgia Satellites
Give Me Three Steps - Lynard Skynard
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
24 Hours At A Time - Marshall Tucker
Mary Had A Little Lamb - Stevie Ray Vaughn
Kodachrome - Paul Simon
Eagles - Take It Easy
Can't Find My Way - Blind Faith

Too many to really list and I would have to practice up on anything but have done many in the past. As I stated last year I think the crux is to do the simplest songs possible. One that comes to mind that is mind nummingly simple is G L O R I A Gloria. Simple chord structure and many (old) people recognize the tune. Just a thought and there are many other such songs from different eras.

If this falls apart I am going to practice some James Taylor, America, Heart, etc. type stuff that can be done acoustically and do that. :D

Don't get me wrong I want to do this but I don't want to play for 3 hours (imagine the amount of practice that would take) and not be able to do any boating again.

Laker
12-27-2002, 09:22 PM
We will have to do an acoustic jam for sure! It will sound great and funn too
I know some vanhalen tunes, poison, 3doors down,creed.. most of them I would have to learn again to get the whole thing down and that is our major issue. BUT Thats ok too!
like I said from the begining ... If we do somthing we just need a song list.. a singer realy would be a must tho..

Talon2.5
12-27-2002, 11:47 PM
ok just got back from the bar so i dont want to say anything alcohol induced ;)

laker, damage and halveb, do you want to do, say one night 2 hour playlist (or less) of the tunes you listed? if you do lets pull from what you listed and go from here, i will play bass on any you list!!!!! doesnt matter to me as long as it's rock and roll :D

i really would like to see one evening of boat owners entertain boat owners from the same pool of speed junkies and gearheads :D

we are capable of doing this ;) and we all know it deep inside :cool:

Instigator
12-29-2002, 04:50 PM
I was in awe of you guys last year because it was "our own" that made the band!
It didn't work the way that any of us wanted it to, and I don't want to put any of you through that again!
I brouhgt up the hired band as an "out" for you guys.
The band I menetioned, we probably can't afford anyhow.
Here's my opinion.
If it was a perfect world, it would be all our boys in the pavillion!
Let me know what you guys want to do.
Gary

halveb
12-30-2002, 12:45 AM
Up to you Gary. If you buy a band and They don't want us using their PA and stuff that's cool (but i've personally found most musicians to be pretty cool about that as long as you bring your own axe). If you buy a band and they let us sit in that's cool. If you don't buy a band I think I know several people that will through together and play (I hope :D ). If you don't want us to do a band thing I can just bring my acoustic and annoy a few people as opposed to most.

Damage Inc
12-30-2002, 10:18 AM
...I came across as not wanting to play, THAT IS NOT THE CASE!! I agree with what others have said about it being a band made up of S&F members. That is what made it so cool last year. LT & crew said that there were people behind them at our "show" last year that couldn't believe we were a bunch of boaters that had never played together before!! The concept is great. When doing something along these lines, you can't expect it to turn out perfect, which is were the pavillion idea will help out a bunch. We won't be expected to be a professional band by our fellow boaters, so mistakes are OK. All I care about is that we have a song list and that we play whole songs, not just bits and pieces. I know I have said this before, but I really think we need to come up with a singer before we decide on a song list.

Talon2.5
12-30-2002, 06:10 PM
:D now were talkin!! thats what i was thinking "boater boys in a boater band"

singer? just dont understand with all the members on this board that eric saloom was the only male singer that played also

Scott
12-31-2002, 07:14 AM
Got no business here, can't play, can't sing.... BUT, last years jam session was one of the most memorable parts of the Rumble! I just sat listened and had a brew, ok a few brews, OK FINE! lotsa brews, it was a blast just listening and bs'n with everybody! Dosen't have to be a "production" guys! Everyone loved the jam at the pavillion, it was so kewl to see my internet friends and the tallent they had. Professional band? NO! Just bring yer stuff and have fun! Ok I'll get out.

Talon2.5
01-02-2003, 05:53 PM
professional band....no we knew that going in to it last year

your right it was a blast at the pavillion

we need to take a professional approach to it or it will be mayhem though, know what i mean?

gotta have a common song list we all know our parts to

the thought of the singer picking songs that they can sing and we like to play is the right approach, problem.....no seaoned singers in this group of folks on S&F

i think if no singer arises we probably should lean toward songs that halveb and laker can play with out a second thought about it

at least then we have an approach that has some seasoning in it to start with

even being the meeger guitarist of the group i hate when songs start and stop half way through if it gets like that well, screw it fire up the radio because the sart and stop isirritating and bothersome and damage agrees with me on that one

H2Onut
01-02-2003, 07:07 PM
I aint never read so much in my life.

Simple plan:

List the songs that all agree on

Everyone practice said songs. Seems to be backup for every instrument. Someone don't show, Fill in is ready.

Hotel California...six guitars or yeah..

Blue Oyser Cult I remember did that too.

Band should be S&F people. The talent pool is large and deep and most capable. WHo's nephew was that ..Charlie M's ...for a toungin that boy could plat as well and I rember him ALL NIGHT drroling to get his hands on 6 strings...... TO PLAY WITH YOU GUYS.

This aint freakin Cobo hall packing in 15,000, Ya miss a note, break a string, sing the wrong verse...BFD......ITS ALL GOOD.

Either poop or get off the toliet.

Skip ya wanna Jam, I will play the bass, pick up that electirc guitar, and I will buy a drum machine OR kidnap Pounder or damage.... YOU CAN COUNT ON ME !

We can do some hearing damage... I G U A R A N T E E

You guys sounded good when you were together... Yet the tradition continue.

Life is toooooo short JUST DO IT

Just outside lookin in

DaNut........out

silly
01-03-2003, 07:10 AM
like I said before

I'm no professional but I'll give it all I've got:D :D :D (Keep our fingers crossed that woodco doesn't brake any body parts:rolleyes: )

AnthonySS
01-03-2003, 09:43 AM
I Like your approach.

You will be amazed at what you can do with just a solid song list and then parting out parts to learn.

Then all you need is a solid drummer, Bass Player and Rythm guitarist that can drive the song anywher you want it to go.

If those critical 3 learn the song, have one rehearsal and then you can gig with the Singers and the lead guitarist just needs to work on his lead breaks!!

The Songs should be kept simple, easy to learn, and be crowd pleasers.

Check out some of the playlists of some of your local bands on their websites. You'll see alot of the same classic songs...cause they are easy and people like to rock too them and you can even do your own version of them too!!!

Our list from last year was not to far off on most of the songs!!

Talon2.5
01-03-2003, 02:28 PM
:D hey silly i think you better have alternate plans for transportation to the rumble besides woodco hahahahaha :D

175checkmate
01-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Rumble = A get together of friends who share the passion for boating, high speed boating, good times and fun.

Would it be great to see you guys get together and jam. Yes it would.

Entertaining all us speed freaks for 4 days. Nope.
I feel you guys desirve a break. Not take vacation to work that hard.

A hired band. Great idea, gives you guys the time to enjoy all the rumble has to offer, IE boating, meeting new people, THE KIDS.

Besides I want a ride in the Talon.

If all it takes is the all mighty dollar for Gary to hire a band,

Where do I send my donation!!??

Talon2.5
01-03-2003, 10:35 PM
sorry 175 but the old v-6 van has 130 thou miles on her and wont be towing a boat but will have a bass guitar and amp in it iether way this goes :D

H2Onut
01-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Hey I saw that same milk carton ...WOW what a small world

HOHOHOHEHEHEHAHAHA

175checkmate
01-04-2003, 10:55 AM
The old dodge has 146K, it will be towing the c'mate up there.
There is room for you and wendy, you are more than welcome

Talon2.5
01-05-2003, 10:43 AM
thanks 175!! we will see as this gets closer whether the talon gets some cosmetic work and how the van is doing ;)

halveb listed some songs.......

Kodachrome - Paul Simon
Eagles - Take It Easy

laker said some van-halen poison 3 doors down and creed, list which songs of those laker and lets see what we can get listed and see what silly thinks of them, hel maybe halveb and i can throw in some vocals with her???

silly
01-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Poison- Your Mama Don't Dance
Unskinny Bop
Talk Dirty to ME

Van Halen- Just a Jigalo
Jump
Right Now

Also Do you guys play any hip hop Like Eiffel65 or Vengaboys????

What ever doesn't matter I would just need a list so I can pull the lyrics cause I don't know every song word for word:D

Some Elvis too would be cool
Jailhouse Rock,ect................
Just keep me posted;)

Rickracer
01-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Against the Wind, Turn the Page, Her Strut, Old Time Rock and Roll, We've got Tonite, Katmandu, MainStreet????? CCR? Bad Moon Rising, Looking out My Back Door, Who'll stop the Rain, Suzy Q? Eagles, Already gone, Take it to the Limit ( :D ), Hotel California, Tequila Sunrise? ELO, Strange Magic, Turn to Stone, Don't bring me down, Evil Woman? Eric Clapton, ANYTHING of his :D ? George Thorogood, Bad To Tha Bone? Grand Funk Railroad, Some kind of wonderful, Locomotion? ANYTHING by G&R, Sweet Child o' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle? Jackson Browne, You love the Thunder, Load out & Stay, Brown eyed Girl? Jimmy Buffet, Brown Eyed Girl, Margaritaville, A Pirate Looks at 40, Changes in Latitudes Changes in Attitudes?Joe Cocker, Feeling Alright, with a little help from my Friends? Mellencamp, Cherry Bomb, Rock in the USA, Wild Nights, Small Town? KC and the Sunshine Band, Get Down tonight, That's the Way I Like It? Skynard, Sweet Home Alabama, Gimme Three Steps? Marshall Tucker, Fire on the Mountain, Heard it in a Love Song?Molly Hatchet, Bounty Hunter, Gator Country, Flirtin With Disaster? Queen, We will Rock you, We are the Champions,? Quiet Roit, Come On Feel the Noise, Righteous Brothers, You've lost that loving Feelin? Sammy Hagar, Can't Drive 55? Scorpions, Rock you like a Hurricane? Steppenwolf, Born to be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride? Stray Cats, Rock this Town, Stray Cat Strut? The Contours , Do you love me? Thin Lizzy, the Boys are Back in Town :D? Three Dog Night, Shambala? Winger, Seventeen? ZZ TOP, Anything by them. ? I'm just throwing some suggestions out there. I don't know how easy or complicated these songs are, but I believe they would be popular, and the crowd could sing along with most of them???? :cool:

Talon2.5
01-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Also Do you guys play any hip hop Like Eiffel65 or Vengaboys????

NOPE NOT ME

old time rock and roll should be easy, vocals are low so almost anyone could jump in on those (RICK :D )

H2Onut
01-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Sugar Sugar - Archies

Something Good Hermans Hermits

WHat I like about you -- Romantics

tumblin dice / honky talk woman

SEAGER --- BAck in 72

Devil with the blue dress on

WORKING MAN O Yeah

and Laker you promiced me some MONTROSE good rocking tonight

halveb
01-06-2003, 10:12 AM
I like a lot of Rickracer's suggestions they are mostly easier songs (of course not all of them) with vocals that are very doable. Bob Seger has a good voice that many can do justice to I was all set to do Turn the Page, some guy from Kentucky showed me how it went last year but we didn't do it.

Looks like time to organize. Skip we can sing it buddy or at least some of them. For me its all about how the melody and rhythm work together. Keep those ideas coming in. :D

MTCM
01-06-2003, 10:21 AM
If ya gonna do da 'Stones you better tune that fiddle to open G and rip the Low E off that Tele so it don't get in the way. (LOL)

AnthonySS
01-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Cool variety of Music !

Talon2.5
01-06-2003, 03:06 PM
i still wanna compile a song list from the songs that halveb and laker can play in thier sleep, thats the best starting point i think, takes the worry of practicing them lower, then we can add what they want to play from other lists unless what they can play without thinking about it turns out to be a long list :D

what they said so far................

Kodachrome - Paul Simon
Eagles - Take It Easy

laker said some van-halen poison 3 doors down and creed

halveb
01-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Okay,

I'm starting to compile a list of suggestions. Sorry Rick I had to cut yours off after awhile (they were all good suggestions but my fingers were getting bloody from all that typing). :D

I will go back through this thread and see if there any others that were posted earlier and add them. I am open to any suggestions as to how to proceed with this this year. Last year I published all the suggestions and then we voted on them with two basic bands (a 70s band and an 80s band). That was a good concept although it ended up not working well I think we'll most likley have to do something like that again.

I also need to know who is gonna play. Here is what I have from memory so far and if you're not on this list please don't take it as a slight cause I've done no research to determine who has indicated interest:

Greg - Lead guitar
Skip - Bass guitar, rhythm guitar, some vocals
Damage, Inc. - Drums
Halveb - Rhythm guitar, some vocals
Laker - Lead guitar
H2ONut - Bass guitar
Woodco - Drums
Silly - Vocals
Anthony - Rhythm guitar, some vocals (if available but not sure yet)

Okay, gimme your ideas good or bad and let me know who I've missed since I don't want to exclude anyone.

Talon2.5
01-06-2003, 05:02 PM
take me off that rythm leave me on bass :eek: :D

Laker
01-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Well I will for sure bring a guitar and amp... and play as long as Im allowed...:D
For songs... I love the 80s metal as much as Greg.
Keeping the songs simple is a good Idea becuase we wont be able to practice much with each other...
3 doors down Kriptionite
Poison Talk dirty to me...
Sammy hagar, only one way to rock... and I cant drive 55 are easy and COOL to play and sign along with!

Talon2.5
01-07-2003, 08:13 AM
hey laker, dont forget that six string sting :D that was the sheot man!! :D i wanna play bass to that with you guys!! what creed tune were you refering to? i got a few of thier CD's to practice from

i couldnt find that six string sting song in the bass tab website :( but thats ok :D i'll get 'er done ;)

halveb
01-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Okay I got Laker's songs down but Skip I don't know who does Six String Sting? Is that a Creed tune?

I'm just writing 'em down guys let me know if you want to proceed differently than last year. Unless I hear something I will compile the list and then have the musicians vote on the songs.

I am also curious when Anthony might know whether he'll be able to make it this year? You may not be able to tell til this summer but it would be nice to include you buddy if you can make it and I would like to plan on it if possible.

Ideas?

Oh yeah, I wonder if Greg is over his flu? Anybody seen him posting lately? I wonder what he has to say about this year's effort, is he down with it?

Laker
01-07-2003, 10:16 AM
That tune "Six string Sting" Is a scorpions Instrumental. Its on the World wide live album from around 1984ish?
"Rock you like a huricane" is also another good one.
The sooner we get a solid list then the sooner we can start practicing!! Bob, stacie and I are going to be at Balzys on Feb first... We should hook up their and do some more brain storming... Perhaps some jamin

AnthonySS
01-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Now your talking...

that was more like the meatl I was influenced by EARLY 80's

"Rock-You (like a Huricane) was one of my favs:

some other ealy 80's metal that I played...(BACK THEN)

"Rock Brigade/Let it Go / Too late.." by Def Lep
"Slow and Easy - White Snake"
"Revellation / Flight of Icarus - Iron Maiden"
"Rock Hard Ride Free / Electric Eye (one of my all time favorite guitar intros)" - Judas Preist
"Heaven and Hell" - Black Sabbath
"Knockin on your Back Your Door" - Deep Purple
"Metal Health" - Quiet Riot

Anybody into late 70's metal like UFO (too Hard to Handle / Only You Can (Rock me Rock me)

Etc.Etc.

I actually prefered this stuff over the late 80's stuff

Any of you guys play this stuff or does this bring back any Memories"

halveb
01-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Laker,

I can certainly put a bug in Thumper's ear and I'm sure he can put me up for a night. I think it would be fun and we could get a lot of the ideas hashed out for the Rumble Jam.

I can't see any reason at this point that I couldn't do it so let's plan on it and I'll let you know if anything gets in the way before then. Balzy's Jam garage....it has a nice ring to it. :D

Anthony,

Can I assume those songs were suggestions and you will be joining us or is that just hopeful thinking on my part? :)

Scream And Fly
01-07-2003, 11:04 AM
I was kicked out of the band :(

Laker
01-07-2003, 11:09 AM
LMAO!!!
How ya feeling Champ??
Havent seen ya around these hear parts for a long spell.... Is your fever gone?

Scream And Fly
01-07-2003, 11:11 AM
I feel much better now, thanks... Just had a hard time pulling myself away from my work to play here. I'm going to have to go back and read the posts I missed.
BTW, I love the new truck - good luck with it!

I guess it's no glam rock for me. LOL!

Greg

Laker
01-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks Greg!!
Actually your the Lead so Start picking some Songs!!
GLAM Rock is the BEST!!!!

AnthonySS
01-07-2003, 11:16 AM
I am keeping tuned into this thread for my own wishful thinking...I am hopeful to get there one way or other...with my wife too!!!

Unfortunately I cannot commit and you guys should press on in your own direction.

However when you come up with a firm list and if CD's are produced...I want a copy...so I can work on them too...

Those 80's tunes will require some "dusting off" on my part as I have not played most of them since the mid-80's days...But I am sure I could drive (rhythm) a few of them!!!

GREG...your at the TOP of the LIST!!!

GREG....You play any of those early 80's tunes!!!

Scream And Fly
01-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Awesome!

Well, I think Talk Dirty To Me is an all-time glam favorite, and it's extremely simple too. Maybe I should get a new car before the Rumble.

Greg

halveb
01-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Greg we have you listed, in fact you were first on the list (look back a few posts) which means you have to show this time. :D

You guys can do as much glam rock as you like I know there are lots of people who are in to it. What are your suggestions, do you have any ideas on how to best do this?

P.S. Laker...you still list the Stang as your tow vehicle. Don't let your new Nissan see this site or it WILL get jealous and leave you stranded somewhere. :p

Scream And Fly
01-07-2003, 11:28 AM
You're all the best! I have to get myself into this thread again, I've fallen behind.

My opinion is this: It's good that we're planning this now, because it will take some time to organize this correctly. I do believe that most, if not all songs on the original list were fantastic and should be considered. A lot of thought went into that list. Of course, changing it is cool too - as long as everyone is happy.
Having certain musicians (especially the guitar players, since there are so many of us) concentrate on songs that they are comfortable with is also a good idea. For example, swapping lead guitar players for some songs, etc. That will take more thought I guess.
Once a final list of songs is decided, I think that we can all keep a tight communication line going so any questions about the music parts can be resolved easily. I might be able to program some songs on the drum machine here and send a CD out to everyone to jam with.

Just some thoughts..

Greg

Laker
01-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Perfect
I love the Idea.. Once the list is Solid, then a CD Is created and burned so we can Practice easly!!
We can also have the words printed so if somone wants to step in, the lyrics are in their hands! Perhaps even hand them out to encourage people to sing if we dont have a singer!
Lets Get it ON!!

Talon2.5
01-07-2003, 12:17 PM
holy moly this thread got busy :D oh yeah :D sounding good, i was almost ready to forget about it :eek:

Scream And Fly
01-07-2003, 12:21 PM
I had a dream last night...

A dream that Skip was on the stage, rippin' out a solo to us cheering Scream And Fliers... There he was, like a rock God.

I had a dream...

AnthonySS
01-07-2003, 12:24 PM
GREG...I have had that dream too..There was Dry Ice and Laser lights in mine,,,and he was wearing those funky pants he has with his house coat over top and wide open...showing off his chest

Skip better get out his kiss boots and wig again:D :D

Talon2.5
01-07-2003, 12:49 PM
hey greg call me at work please, check you pm's for the number :D

Laker
01-07-2003, 02:22 PM
I have that dream every night!!
Skip is the solo master!!! I just hope that showing off his chest thing doesnt work its way into mY Dream:p

halveb
01-07-2003, 02:40 PM
I hate to break it to you guys but the people in my dreams are usually beautiful women and don't look at all like Skip (not that that's a bad thing Skip:eek: ).

I just wandered onto a site that I think can help us all to a degree, at least myself with my limited abilities. I know that one of the things many of us lack as musicians is the ability to play with other folks which we know isn't the same as air guitaring along or singing Karoake.

This site was listed on the OLGA links and has many songs in Midi without the guitar or vocal parts. This does three things, it allows guitar players to play their parts along to see if they really do remember the entire song. Secondly it allows vocalists the opportunity to sing along with out background vocals or any cues other than the rhythm section (which incidently is what singers should be using - not guitar leads, etc.) Finally it allows the drums, bass and ryhthm guitar players hear more clearly what they are supposed to be doing.

http://www.midi-tab.com/

Check it out and try and sing along as it plays. You can bring up the tab in the column next to the song to get the lyrics if you're unfamiliar with them all.

I haven't checked these songs against an album or anything but I thought this might be a good tool to use in practicing for the jam.

Now this stuff is MIDI so don't expect high quality sound and it will be somewhat mechanical but all in all a good tool.

Talon2.5
01-07-2003, 05:49 PM
:D :D ok greg called and he said he would borrow my guitar pants and my soft top black boots and my hat and do the solo :D i knew you could do it greg ;)

Laker
01-07-2003, 06:47 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talon2.5
01-09-2003, 03:45 AM
yep see it's true, greg wont even comment on it :D

175checkmate
01-09-2003, 07:53 AM
Dam I'm speachless. Thats funny. ( in a good way)

Scream And Fly
01-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Skip - LOL!!!! I'm thinking we should post that photo on the website for all to see! That is the greatest!

What do you all think?

Talon2.5
01-09-2003, 08:47 PM
:eek: aahhhh uummm what pic? :D

Talon2.5
01-09-2003, 09:25 PM
oohhh ooohhh you must mean this pic from your dream :D .......

Laker
01-09-2003, 10:04 PM
OH YA!! THats IT
Thats the Dream!!!!!!
SOLO Master SKIP!!!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

halveb
01-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Okay Skip but ya gotta shave that chest to make it into my dreams (but I dooooo like that picture :D). As for the solo master, I still have visions of the Star Spangled Banner playing in my head....unforgettable. :)

Talon2.5
01-10-2003, 07:17 AM
i'll do the star spangled banner again, be proud to, gregs version is "cooler sounding" though ;)

Scream And Fly
01-10-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm ready for the solo-master Skip to perform his wild rockin' version of the Star Spangled Banner. It will be just like an old Iron Maiden concert. I can't wait!

Skip, you ready?

Talon2.5
01-10-2003, 03:09 PM
greg did ya see the pic at the bottom of page 11 ???? :D

looks like what you saw in your dream now hahahaha

AnthonySS
01-10-2003, 03:18 PM
If I make to the Rumble....

You gotta where the Wig... so I'm not the only FREAK There wearing a wig:D

Talon2.5
01-10-2003, 03:30 PM
i dont have it anymore :(

halveb
01-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Okay SKip, no more haircuts between now and Rumble time. :D

Talon2.5
01-13-2003, 03:36 PM
my hair growsso slow i'd be retired before i had hair like anthony hehehehehe

greg told me to load one of my guitar clips so heres one i was working on and never went any further with.............

Talon2.5
01-13-2003, 03:42 PM
oops here it is..........

AnthonySS
01-13-2003, 03:43 PM
The riff sounds cool...keep up the good work.

My hair grows slow too...it sure is falling out fast tho!!!

Talon2.5
01-13-2003, 04:20 PM
maybe i'll look into a gag wig when it gets closer hehehe

heres the other part that was to go with that when i was working on it, played them 3 times to record and remember them and was gonna break them apart into various times but never came up with the rest to make something out of, gotta make 'em small to load on here ;)

halveb
01-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Alright!!!!:D :cool: :D Rock on Skip, that sounds good.

Talon2.5
01-15-2003, 06:22 AM
thanks guys, i'm no guitarist but i have some fun :D

Talon2.5
01-23-2003, 05:57 PM
it's 5:55 right now and the top 40 hair bands of all time is on :D

kix, saigon kick, bullet boys, tesla etc etc man it brings back some good memories ;) :D

ShorePounder
01-23-2003, 09:41 PM
Man I wish I would have caught that. I've got Kix, and Bulletboys on CD and every Tesla album except Bust A Nut on CD. Tesla ROCKS!!! One of my all time favorite bands. I've got a CD that has a bunch of outtakes and demos and unreleased stuff. Pretty cool, Awesome cover of Zepplin's "The Ocean", Aerosmith's "Train Kept a Rollin", and a live recording of Dokken's Breakin the Chains (w/ Don Dokken doing the singing duties....dumb bastid forgot the words to the second verse :rolleyes: )

Talon2.5
01-28-2003, 06:37 AM
anyone been practicing any? getting some of the rust outa them fingers? :confused:

Scream And Fly
01-28-2003, 10:43 AM
Skip!

Speaking of practice, I'm still waiting for the next solo installment!

Greg:)

Talon2.5
01-28-2003, 01:46 PM
i posted some guitar on page 11 or 12 ;)

Capt.Insane-o
01-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Something wrong with my little boogie though, smokes the first pre-amp tube in 1/2 hour. .22 caliber.Mesa Boogie. This is the best sounding small amp ever. I need a song list or something from you guys. I'll be bringing the noise, so don't worry about not being heard. WHAT? ;) Rivera knuckle head. WOW. a 4x12 and a few procesors. If you want I could bring my whole rig, but some of us probably would never get to our boats!:p

halveb
01-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Captain Insane-O we'll have to coordinate the equipment cause I don't want to have to bring the whole rig again next year if I don't have to. I have a 16 channel Mackie with two power amps and active crossover for bass bins and two way mids. Bunch of microphones and Greg if he has gotten rid of his crotch rocket car might be able to fit some of his huge equipment stash in too. :D

Going up to Balzy's this weekend and Laker is gonna be there so we can discuss some of what his ideas for the jam are. I have a list of songs started and we can also work from last year's list.

Skip have you been practicing the singing. I am still waist deep in books and tax season hasn't really even started yet. I am liking the Bob Seger stuff though as it sounds fairly easy and everyone is familiar with it. It is gonna be fun this year.

MTCM
01-28-2003, 06:46 PM
been working on some Blues riffs ala Clapton, but the Twin keeps dropping out (bad pots). It's overhaul time I guess, it's damn near 40 years old. Meanwhile I ordered a Dr. Z amp. Might get it this week. :D

Scream And Fly
01-28-2003, 07:02 PM
Skip,

Here's another little lead I recorded for you today - it's all to inspire you for more solos!

Greg

Capt.Insane-o
01-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Halve B all I have for Pa are some 2 sets of subs. I went through my guitar **** the other night, I need to get that lil'boogie in to the shop.It's my fave. . I was'nt there last year so :confused:. Greg: Neat, you using that line six port deal to do that? I've been trying to figure out how you guys are doing the waves, but just dumb I guess.:confused: That knuckle head just friggin' rips, bye bye triple rectifier. Jammed through the road king the other day, big mistake there.:cool:

Laker
01-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Alittle... LOL
Put some new strings on the Washburn mercury last week and they SUCK So back to the GHS boomers....
BOB, im going to bring a guitar and amp to balzys... IF we need it... :D
To the Rumble I will bring a smaller amp.. probably a Bandit 1-12 100W and 2 guitars.... Otherwise its ALLL BOATS!!!:D ;)

Scream And Fly
01-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Capt: I used a Line 6 POD - great little unit for direct-recording stuff. Just plug into the line-in on the computers sound card, and you're there. It's not as good as SM-57's on a Marshall 4x12, but it's a lot easier to set up when Skip wants a forum-solo:)

Laker: GHS is all I ever use - never used another brand in 10 years.

You're all talking about so many cool amps - incredible diversity there. Can I bring my Marshall TSL-100? Oh, I love that Marshall crunch!

My car: Hmm, good question. Anyone looking to buy a Stealth R/T? Just kidding, I wouldn't sell it - I would feel too guilty. I still feel bad about that, but one way or another, I'll be there.

Is there a current song list? I thought the songs that were suggested last year were great, but I'll be just a fill-in anyway for a goofy 80's solo song or something (unless you need me for any other material). Seems that there is so many talented guitar players here - I can't wait to see you all rip! Skip?

Greg:)

Capt.Insane-o
01-29-2003, 02:21 AM
or the port, looks like more can be done with the port. Neat, maybe I'll get something up here soon. Watch, one day will be spent with all of us playing with our gear together, and that usually involves heavy drinking. I'm going down to whoop on some fridge's though.:p Seen those little "smokie" amps yet, powerd by a 9 volt. I should pick up 4 or 5. Then we can walk around and be obnoxious:D

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 06:43 AM
uh huh.........see why i bought a bass!! :D hehehehe

greg that **** rocks :D i dont have that sound :( cant wait for us all to decide on the song list, like i said i dont care what songs the guitarists choose, i'll play bass to it!!

no singing practice hehehehe give me an unplugged mic :D hell we can sing together halveb and get the niehborhood dogs a howlin!! :D

i am currently experimenting with a thin leather pic on bass ;)

AnthonySS
01-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Cool Lick GREG...I like it...were you using the Digitech for that?
If not what are you using..certainly sounds like HB's thru a Marshall...and certainly something that peaks with your pic attack...some delay too??

You guys have to let me know what I need to record this kinda stuff thru the PC...I would love to share some of my stuff with ya's too

Scream And Fly
01-29-2003, 12:16 PM
The best direct recording unit that I have used is the Line 6 POD. It's not as good as mic'd cabinets, but it's an alternative solution.

The hot ticket: For $50 you can buy the Zoom GM-200 guitar amp modeler. These are clearance items now at Sam Ash. I'm not usually a fan of Zoom products, but this thing rocks. Its tone blew me away - for $50! For direct-to-console or computer recording, nothing else comes close to this thing - even at 3 times its price.

Greg

AnthonySS
01-29-2003, 12:26 PM
THANKS...

Is there away too record direct from a board to a PC so you can get the beneifit of an SM 57 application on with your amp tones??

Scream And Fly
01-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Anthony,

Just go from the line out on the mixing board into the line-in on your computer's sound card. You could also go direct with the SM-57 into the mic input on your sound card, although your tone will suffer, since you really should have a decent mic preamp. Most sound cards will work fine for this.

Greg

AnthonySS
01-29-2003, 12:46 PM
I have some buds that are totaly into this stuff...I need to get over to their place some time to work on some of this!!

I am sure, like your self, these guys are producing CD's on thier PCs...sounds like a major hobby in its self!!

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 12:50 PM
i just do open air recording through a built in mic on my monitor ;)

AnthonySS
01-29-2003, 12:56 PM
WAVE file size limit that we can post!!

Scream And Fly
01-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Right now, the upload limit is set at 450KB

Skip, where's our next solo?

Greg:D

Capt.Insane-o
01-29-2003, 01:59 PM
I see it now.It's the Scream&Fly Lounge Lizards.

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 03:38 PM
geez greg your out to make reeeaaalllly look like a terrible guitar player (which i am so....) ok i grabbed the BC ritch and banged this out for ya, best i can do with my limited knowledge!!

liking that bass more and more ;)

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 03:54 PM
anthony i'll walk you through how i do it.....................

first i have the windows based sound recorder on my desk top.......

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 03:57 PM
this is just easier on me than plugging stuffin since i have the mic in the monitor

click on it and bring it up........

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 03:59 PM
click on file........(bear withme here i get to the file size i use)

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 04:01 PM
go to properties........click the convert now box

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 04:04 PM
remember this is only to do these quick one off deals for greg and stuff no great quality for a quick little post needed

choose 8 bit mono..........

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 04:08 PM
8 bit mono is the top ofthelist by the way

click ok on everything and go to the record button and recordwhat ya want.......in this casei used an outatune guitar and dida scorpions tune........

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 04:10 PM
notice the file size is 136000 you can go up to 190000 and it should load fine..............

Capt.Insane-o
01-29-2003, 04:12 PM
:cool:

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 04:15 PM
now to delete the air sound before and after you play or to widdle the file down to the 19 or below (if you go over that) click edit and go to delete before or go to delete after to get rid of excess space on the file (at the beginning and end only)..........

Talon2.5
01-29-2003, 04:18 PM
then save the file where you want and this is what ya get, an outa tune guitar example hehehehe :D ....

Talon2.5
01-30-2003, 04:48 PM
hey Cap'n ya record anything yet? love to hear it when ya do!! and anthony too, you guys gotta do it so greg will leave me alone hahahahahaha :D

halveb
01-31-2003, 03:01 PM
HERE I AM....duh duh.....dah dah..duh dah

Sounds good skip, I like it.

Greg, I may have to get me one of POD 6s. A good local guitarist (he played at my wedding) uses the same thing and for such a little unit you get amazing sounds out of that thing. :D

Need to get taxes done so I can start practising. I am bringing the list I have accumulated up to Balzy's this weekend to share with Laker. I see some are asking for a repeat of last years songs. Any other suggestions?

Hhhhmmmm....Scream and Fly Lounge Lizards? Kind a has a nice ring to it Captain Insane-O. :D ;) :D

Capt.Insane-o
01-31-2003, 03:18 PM
Was supposed to drag My HST down to Vicious Powerboats for him to check it out, 'cause he might buy the molds, buuuuut tha 'ol wheel bearing in my truck let go on I-75, so I sat out in the ice/snow/wind along side the road most of the afternoon fixing it. I guess 168.000 miles in five years was too much! My guitars are kind scatterd, my seven string Mocking bird is in the shop getting a fret fixed, but I think my warlock is around here so I may try tonight. Weather is all ****ty, so I may get a couple bottles of wine and sit around and make SOME F%^&ING NOISE!!!! That new Rivera head I bought has the crunch from hell, I can't get enough.

Talon2.5
02-04-2003, 12:24 PM
halveb,

you got a song list yet?

i want to spend time practicing bass :D

AnthonySS
02-04-2003, 12:39 PM
I haven't had the time to record yet...I do appreciate your help on it though!!!

halveb
02-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Skip,

Talked with Laker to see what his ideas were up at Balzy's and I shared the list I had begun from this year's suggestions. Of course, this can't be any easier than last year so I really need feedback of the others wanting to play.

For instance, I know that Damage Inc. wants to make sure we have someone who can sing and doesn't want it to turn into a free for all.

Greg has suggested that we go off last years song list.

Laker would be just as happy to plug in a drum machine and jam if no one can sing the songs. I know he said he doesn't want this to be a full time Rumble job and I think we all agree with that. He has asked that I make a copy of last years practice CD since I think Greg suggested we go off those songs.

My own opinion is that if you don't have a singer it can get boring pretty quickly although after hearing Laker jam along with his drum machine :eek: OMG all I can say is jump back jack this guy is better than I remembered from the rumble and I thought he was good there (of course this time he had his own rig and amp which can make a difference).

I know Silly agreed to try the singing role so I would be very interested in hearing what she has to say on this issue.

Anyone else want to try singing? I know I said I would give it a try but I will only do it if I don't sound terrible. I won't know how I sound until I record myself trying each song and figuring out which ones don't stand a chance and then practicing the others to where dogs won't howl (no guarantees there). Unfortunately this is something I don't have the time to do right now. So how does one come up with a song list?

Here is my suggestion and I would love to hear everyone's opinion since I really need some guidance here. I think Greg's idea of using last year's song list is a good one with a couple of reservations. Some of those song's had very difficult vocals to attempt for even a seasoned professional singer (i.e. Civil War, 18 and Life, China Grove, For Whom The Bell Tolls). Some songs were added specifically with a slant towards a female singer (I Love Rock and Roll, Hit Me With Your Best Shot) and if we don't have a female singer they don't really work very well. Silly should have a big say if she is gonna sing in what songs are picked since I think the instrumental players can learn almost anything (at least well enough) so that it is presentable.

In addition, we could add easier songs to replace more difficult songs dropped from last year's list. I believe the vocals are driving this but I may be all wet. Let me know what ya'll think.

Talon2.5
02-04-2003, 02:54 PM
i think i'll throw this out to greg......................

can the singer of your band come to the rumble?

AnthonySS
02-04-2003, 02:54 PM
... I can't wait to read the last chapter to see how it ends...

Maybe your the singer...maybe Silly is the Singer.

Personally I think we should audition a Singer...If Silly can do it...get her to send in a DEMO so we can test her out!!!

So Far Skip and Greg are the only ones that have supplied demos...for all you guys know...I don't even own a guitar

I wish that BASS Player from the midwest would stand up...HE SINGS TOO!!!

Otherwise its you Bob and then we better stick to the "white Boy screamin tunes"...Niel Young - Joe Walsh - Georgia Satellites etc....:D

AnthonySS
02-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Here is a pic to prove he plays bass and sings too

Talon2.5
02-04-2003, 03:08 PM
man with him there i can do video chores and drink beer :cool:

halveb
02-04-2003, 03:48 PM
I discovered this other thread by accident and Anthony has uncovered our savior....no not that one...I mean the vocalist we have been looking for.

Check this thread out:

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=27743

By the way Anthony, I've seen pictures of you with your guitar so I know. :D

Scream And Fly
02-05-2003, 12:38 AM
It sounds like this is really coming together. Bob, I know what you mean regarding the vox on the more difficult songs, but I guess if we wanted to, we can put our own spin on them.

Can I bring a Marhsall full stack and my rack of processors and other stuff and relive my heavy metal solo-crazy days? Okay, maybe not... LOL! Of course, Skip will be playing the solo!

Greg;)

Laker
02-05-2003, 12:44 AM
of course skip is playing the Solo! But Greg, you CAN bring your whole rig! Now that we have a Truck I wish I had my Bradshaw rack again!
Well it will be fun with just the 1-12 and the drum machine!:D
RUMBLEIII !!!

Talon2.5
02-05-2003, 06:47 AM
you guys are going at this solo thing all wrong :rolleyes:

we have a guy (greg) that says he wants to bring his full stack so he can re-live his metal solo rocking on stage thousands of screaming fans days

and we have a guy (laker) who has proven himself on many occasions to be a monster guitarist and is worthy of a kick a$$ solo

then we have a guy (skip) that has none of the experience of the two listed above whom have been live on stage, he has zero ability to pull off a solo for the masses, yet you choose to throw this poor sap to the wolves for a tomato throwing bath and is very very content to be in the background hidden behind the drummer and thump on his bass to fill in the rythm part

now in light of the fact we have discovered a singer/bass player, the poor inexperienced sap listed above has two options ....oh wait.....3 options :D

option number 1, sap can sit back and take video of the newly formed killer band with plenty of bud-light (prefered option by the way)

option number 2, sap can bring boat this year and actually experience some boating this time (chances of bringing boat are still very very slim)

option number 3, sap can take wife to the keys and read about the rumble this year and see videos posted and pics posted by web site owner who may attend

given these new circumstances and options that have now opened up to the sap, one must re-think the solo and choose the one with experience with the band "warrant" and also give the monster guitarist (listed above) his day in the spotlight :D

best regards,
sap

Talon2.5
02-05-2003, 06:50 AM
P.S.
\

the higher up's making this decision on the solo act, didnt work for enron did they?

Laker
02-05-2003, 09:04 AM
Could this be our new lead Guitar player?
Of course Skips got the solos all wraped up!:D

AnthonySS
02-05-2003, 12:54 PM
is a "south paw"

Talon2.5
02-05-2003, 03:17 PM
i see halveb is replying to this thread for 15 minutes now.......it must be a long one :D

halveb
02-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Anthony,

That is actually Thumper beyond his own abilities not Nick. You should have seen him clap like a seal that evening as well as at BTTW (Balzy's got it on tape and its a hoot:D ).

Skip,

I think you forgot option 4? Skip comes to the Rumble, wife, cats, and boat in tow. Drinks plenty of Bud-light but leaves the camera work to Wendy (after all she did it last year). Boats by day and plays bass by night with an encore performance of the Skip Spangled errr... I mean the Star Spangled Banner. If you do it I promise to stand in front of you in case of tomato attacks (unlikely based on last year's reception though).

Greg,

Agreed on the vocals that's why I think songs like Knockin On Heavens Door, etc. work because they aren't necessarily associated with such a specific performer. I guess we can only do what we can do. I can't help being a perfectionist though (even though my talent level doesn't warrant it I still want it to be right).

Lets keep our fingers crossed that Sam will see his way clear to joining us.

AnthonySS
02-05-2003, 03:30 PM
THANKS for the correction Bob!!!

SKIP...don't short change yourself...its all about heart and NOT talent.

The Guy with the most heart means more in the end!!!

Talon2.5
02-05-2003, 04:00 PM
aaahhhh come on guys lets face it, we dont have a singer many opinions are based on having a singer whether we do this or not so i wouldnt knock myself out about getting it put together at this point

who knows maybe closer to the rumble a singer might pop out of the woodwork after all a lot of guitarists did last year :confused:

i see now why bands "cater to" and "put up with" the lead singers and thier anticks the way they do, i dont mean lead singers all in general just the ones that made it big like axle rose, dave roth and such ...........it's because no one sings!! they all play instruments, so they have to :eek:

yeah anthony, i know it is in the heart :( , i think thats the only reason it happened last year, i was hanging with folks who had alot of heart and saw it through, last years musicians that i had the absolute pleasure of being around are good folks!! ;)

halveb
02-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Here here I'll second that Skip.

Skip don't worry we'll do it with or without a singer. Laker and Greg can pull some amazing stuff out of their...well nevermind where it coming from (I don't want to scare anyone away). :D

Talon2.5
02-07-2003, 05:40 AM
well one thing i will do if we go to the rumble is pack the bass and amp in the van just in case :D

halveb
02-07-2003, 01:55 PM
That's the spirit. Saw on another post where Captain Insane-O has bucco equipment he can lend to the project. If we're not good enough we'll just turn it up, loud always sounds better. :D

Talon2.5
02-09-2003, 08:08 AM
If we're not good enough we'll just turn it up, loud always sounds better

and be sure the audience has enjoyed "happy hour" at the bar :D

Scream And Fly
02-14-2003, 12:14 AM
We just need a dedicated vocalist - if I could sing, I would do it myself. Do we have any takers? Let's make this happen!

Greg

Capt.Insane-o
02-14-2003, 02:36 AM
a metal band that would love to play, They are heavy and they are loud, he gave me their promo package tonight, I'm gonna send it to Instigator, their pretty heavy:cool: Great bunch of guys though!

AnthonySS
02-14-2003, 09:02 AM
How Heavy is Heavy ...like 2.5L Heavy or 3.0L Heavy or Honda 4 Stroke Heavy??;)

Anyway...YES a dedicated vocalist is REQUIRED!!!

Capt.Insane-o
02-14-2003, 01:22 PM
They're I'd say around Slayer, Testament, Emporer heavy. I was buzzed up last night, heeheee, sounded like a better idea then. They are really good, been playing around here for years, the three goofs. they got some tounge in cheek evilnessto them. Fred the singer bass player is a total adreninaline junkie, skydiver, etc

Talon2.5
02-21-2003, 05:46 AM
wow 17 pages of fruitless effort all because of no singer hehehehehe man o man hehehehehe

i was listening to the black crows yesterday and i think i'll pop that CD in and practice some bass, gotta get some use out of it ;)

AnthonySS
02-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Music is Never Fruitless....cause someday your break will come along and you'll have all these great songs under your belt.

My wife listened to me for years, just playing in the basement for myself...,she was the one that said someday you'll put that gift to use....

I think the same for you buddy...keep plugging away and never loose that vision!!!!

And when all else fails...you never get tired of tailgate-ing under a willow or playing some git on the front step!!!

THATS my Lake Condo in the background:D

halveb
02-21-2003, 03:46 PM
Anthony,

Nice to have a mobile condo. My in-laws have one of those beauties on the Mississippi river. It is handy especially when it floods since a stationary condo would get real wet. :D

Skip,

What is fruitless :confused: We didn't let vocal issues get us down last year. Don't think cause I'm stuck doing taxes I have given up for heaven's sake. Keep on practicing man.

After April I will speak my opinions and we can go from there. I haven't heard anything from Damage Inc. though so I am wondering if lack of a front man/woman has scared him off. I still think we have Woodco and his wife (drummer/singer) so I plan on doing something if we can. Mee...meee...meee....meee, hack, cough, sputter. Yeah, just getting over a mammoth cold sorry 'bout that. :eek:

Talon2.5
02-21-2003, 03:56 PM
yeah damage dropped off and he's probably smart for doing it, cant blame him, he said from the start he would do it "if" we had a seasoned singer and we dont

oh well, keep pluckin and grinnin boys maybe an acoustic or two will be at the rumble ;)

Capt.Insane-o
02-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Electric and LOUD!!!!! And because life is too short to be playing ANY junky overpriced fender www.bcrich.com Faster, blacker, harder, WAIL!!! My seven string autographed signed by Bernie sr. (RIP) before he died. Bless his soul!

AnthonySS
02-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Capt....anint going to like me,,,

Cause I is an overpriced Fender man!!!:D

Capt.Insane-o
02-21-2003, 04:41 PM
I don't mean to step on toes, but Freakin Jeepers, I picked up a 59 reissue at the store and about **** myself when the $2979.00 price tag turned around. Same 'ol buzzin' pick ups, same 'ol crappy bridge, same 'ol crappy tuners, same 'ol sawed in two peices basball bat neck. One could shoot arrows with it too. SERIOUSLY OVERRATED GUITARS! Same with PRS. I don't think they ever sell any either, the wall just keeps getting bigger. Whatever makes the world spin I guess. I also hate Marshall amps, but owning Boogie stuff and the new Rivera knuckle head , who can blame me? :D Although I do have a BCRich custom of a 62 strat, string through the body and EMG single coils. Sings like no other I have heard. Made out of koa and maple. Check out them BADCAT amps yet? BIG thumbs up on those!

H2Onut
02-21-2003, 06:14 PM
give me bottle of helium amd I promice I will sing the chipmunks song...

Me I want a hula hoop....

I have the worst voice in the world, but give me the song list I"LL SING you bunch of whossies:D

THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!