PDA

View Full Version : Any IHBA guys out their??

Outboards Unlimited
12-09-2002, 04:05 PM
Just wondering if their are any IHBA guys out their. I am gonna run in Waco Tx and Marble Falls Tx this year, if I am able to get somthin running to suit me by then.. Just wondering what is going on with all of you guys.
outboards unlimited

Fl Boy in ILL
12-15-2002, 03:06 AM
O/U

I run SLDBA which has a couple races that are IHBA also, Creve Cour is one, we plan on running all the SLDBA and KDBA races this year, I run 11s anfd we aren't sure what my son will run most likely 12s. Hope to see you.

Rick
"Conklin Racing"

Rocket
12-15-2002, 09:04 AM
I run with SDBA (RR-1 for now) which will have two or three races with IHBA in Texas next year. We need more outboards!

Also I race ODBA Lake Racer.

You will have a blast with both clubs! SDBA honers ODBA memberships. :D

drag120
12-21-2002, 01:07 PM
I run SLDBA and may hit a couple KDBA next year. Running 9.50's at 117 last year and hoping to knock off the .5 second. Ran the 10's in Creve Couer last year. Also ran unlimited in Jasper but got beat real bad. Friends are pushing me toward Nitrous (Wes, Jim, Roger, Kerry and others). Not sure just yet though, working on other things. Tom

Oclassracer
12-21-2002, 11:50 PM
OK gang. Whats up with all the drag boat assc? And how come some unlimited classes are not unlimited? You have to run a plastic boat and if you use a real race boat(wood hydro) you have to weigh as much as a Volvo? I'm far from the expert, but I suspect that Jon Wright is the fastest guy thru the 1/4 mile in an outboard. I think he has a new hydro.

Rocket
12-22-2002, 08:41 AM
How much does it weight? What are his times? speed? Motor?

GT
12-22-2002, 02:53 PM
Jon's new boat will probably weigh in @ about 800#'s or 1,000#'s with him in it ready to race. His ET numbers have been in the 7.50 to 7.60 range & his mph record is a touch over 156 mph. His new boat is in the shakedown phase right now, but no reason to believe it will be any slower than his previous one.

RichS
12-23-2002, 06:40 AM
David Carver is working on an IHBA U/O class boat too. David should give Jon some good competition

Rocket
12-23-2002, 11:27 PM
Sounds like he should run with the SDBA & IHBA clubs! He could run the 7.00 second class or sand bag in the 8.0 second class! they need more outboards! Or have him gain some weight and run ODBA at 1250#:cool:

tlwjkw
12-24-2002, 01:01 AM
He would have to run the 8 sec. in those two org. 7.70 is the cut off for non-capsule boat. Anything quicker than the 7.70 has to have a REAL capsule. Roll cage,oxy, pinger and etc.
TW

Rocket
12-24-2002, 08:32 AM
I sure would like to see a Outboard run with those guys!
I know he would have to qualify for a license in that class too. But I think all that requires several pass's down the track in front of the judges stand!

Merry Christmas!

tlwjkw
12-24-2002, 10:11 AM
Yes, they have to make one half track pass and one full track pass. Plus a capsule test and certification. In other words, they have to be put into a capsule all hooked up and dressed out. Then they are dumped into the water, rolled around and shook up to make sure they don't panic.
It can be pretty tough for an outboard guy to do since most of their racing has being in the wide open spaces.
But I too would like to see some of the outboards to be able to do that.
It would be very tough for the outboard to run the Pro Mod class(7.0)but the 8.0 could happen. It would be cool to see an outboard spank a blown gas hydro, but they would have to run right on the number!
TW