PDA

View Full Version : Economy??

sho305
12-05-2002, 08:37 AM
My wife works in the tool and die biz here. Lots of that here mostly from the automakers. Not a good place to be when the economy dies as they call and say "stop, we are not paying anymore." Then your work sits there and you are still paying your guys $25/hour and $10,000 month for electric, payments on millions in huge equipment, etc. Some big palyers here have bit the dust in the last year. It has been real "gloom and doom times." Her shop has done ok somehow, likely cut all the profit out to keep the doors open.

So she tells me there are auditors running around the other day and they are wondering what is up....as they have been tight on cash like everyone else. Kind of worried about that. She found out they are trying to get a bigger line of credit finally, because they have millions in work not paid for, but get this: They have all kinds of new work coming in and say they are going to be busy as hell. They need some cash to get started on it, so the bank wanted to make sure they really have all this money owed them. Wonder if that means things are turning up?

eautosales
12-05-2002, 08:52 AM
my buisness is booming record sales in oct & nov
i dont see a problem with the economy

bulldogdaddy
12-05-2002, 08:54 AM
all i cam say is last spring till last month i was lucky to get 40 hrs a week and i usually averaged 50 - 65. well last month all of a sudden were swamped! glad to be getting overtime again,was worring about money for the boat!now all i need is the time to fix it,and a temp garage!:D

GO FAST BOATS
12-18-2002, 12:30 AM
My business is great, last month (nov) I sold 17 car new and used my self, and this month off to a great start! have a merry christmas!:)

fredsav
12-18-2002, 10:21 AM
and wait it out. We're not out of the woods yet.
Conseco, FAO Schwartz -- BK
Micron makes Poo Poo .

Tha GRINCH

ImbadBob
12-19-2002, 05:32 PM
I'm glad it's good for someone , the titanium buisness stinks right now. Too many good people let go allready. Next year still looks bleak. We got orders out the whazoo but no one is willing to back a new powerplant. Thank you enron. But on the good side it's been atleast 6 months since a late night callin or having to work on Saturday. It's gonna get better but when ? Bob

silly
12-21-2002, 04:00 PM
I just want to say i'm glad i'm not in the corporate world every time ya turn around someone is being laid offf.....I love mt job,no matter how bad the economy gets I will always have a job!!!!!!:D
I'm a school bus driver and children always have to get to school:D :D :D

half fast
12-21-2002, 04:20 PM
Hey Silly,Do you and the MR. fight over who will use the computer to get to Scream and Fly tonight or each his own?Or is it first come first first serve.Anyway glad to have ya!! hf.....

silly
12-22-2002, 04:57 PM
not really i just come on when he's at work or if he goes in and watches tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travis Fulton
12-22-2002, 08:38 PM
i am a general contractor in mo. and it seems like the economy is booming or at least in our buisness, interist rates are at an all time low THATS GREAT!! seems like people arent afarid to spend some cash, :D

GO FAST BOATS
12-22-2002, 08:40 PM
right now with good credit and a newer vehicle you can get 3.74 on a car loan up too 5 years, that is awesome!