PDA

View Full Version : building new shop looking for a steel building

eautosales
12-04-2002, 09:43 PM
any sugestions looking to buy a kit 40x 60 need a big shop for my buisness & toys just bought property on us20
anyone have a steel building erected that they can recomend
no pole building thanks guys

bulldogdaddy
12-05-2002, 06:05 AM
we just had a building built that my boss is leasing out to the county for kids soccer.it has 2 full size fields in it! now our new shop is being built,but much smaller. if you want i can find out who he got the buildings from,and try to get some other info.just give me a shout!

eautosales
12-05-2002, 08:19 AM
cool let me know

bulldogdaddy
12-05-2002, 06:55 PM
i'll get the info and some pics tomorrow!

H2Onut
12-05-2002, 07:19 PM
www.miracletruss.com

www.heritagebuildings.com

www.steelbuildings.com

www.freedomsteel.com

www.gensteel.com

www.steelbuildingsupplier.com

eautosales
12-05-2002, 07:38 PM
wow

bulldogdaddy
12-06-2002, 01:31 PM
you might be better off looking at those threads.my boss had the whole construction done with the buildings included,was pretty high! but are you going to be building it yourself?

eautosales
12-06-2002, 07:33 PM
yes i will be putting it up my self its pretty cheap 12 grand delivered

H2Onut
12-06-2002, 08:22 PM
Which mfg are you dealing with ?

bulldogdaddy
12-06-2002, 08:48 PM
let me know what you do.when you get ready to build it i can come up and help ya with the roof.

Jay Smith
12-07-2002, 08:22 AM
Eauto,

Look on my website and see my shop/home combo. I have folks stop be here on a monthly basis wanting a tour of the shop/house ( women wanna look at the house and yard while thier husbands drool at the shp area). Mine is 50'X50' and 2 story. 2500 square ft shop with full bath down stairs. And 2100 Sq ft 3 bedroom 3 bath home up stairs with an open living room kitchen area of 1100 sq ft in one room with a 14' vaulted celing. I am thinking about adding an addition to one side 30' X 55' ( IF I DECIDE TO CONTINUE JSRE FOR MUCH LONGER ) which would be a clean room ( for motor assy.) and 3 car bays for the "rolling stock" around here.The addition is only 1 story. This building is 32' tall at the peak from ground level with a 5 on 12 pitch metal roof ( which is unheard of for a metal building most are 1 on 12 pitch , but we wanted the home look not the metal building as it was going to be our home too) wife has done a great job on the landscaping, 1 full acre of flowerbeds and fountains, there is enough storage in the attic for another house with 9' celings in the attic from the floor joices to the peak of the roof. With the planned addition I would have a total of 6650 sq ft ... We planned this place for 2 years before we built and there would be VERY LITTLE I would change if I was to redo other than go BIGGER..... My wife laughs and says we walk around in this "complex" like 2 bb's in a box car its soo big, and I want to go bigger! After retirment in 4 1/2 years we will leave the "Rat Race " for the mountains of Cloudcroft ,New Mexico and chill out , we've both have worked long enough.. Our previous house ( of 20 years ) was a track house in town and was the same size total as our living room ! ( living in town in a neighborhood SUCKS and would NEVER go back to that way of living , we are out in the woods it's super quiet all you hear are the owls at night not getto boom boxes and loud cars :)

Good luck,

Travis Fulton
12-15-2002, 08:54 PM
a piece of advise- i have been a general contractor for several years and with most things you get what you pay for! as for erecting it have a reputable concrete contractor put in a foundation w/ adaquate piller blocks if this is done properly the rest will be a pice of cake. a few good buildings are --- ameriban mastercraft, butler, star. american mastercraft will sometimes have leftover buildings and will take a beating on them to move them you can dicker w/ them all... good luck

:p

eautosales
12-15-2002, 09:32 PM
thank you im working with a couple suppliers with cancelled orders