PDA

View Full Version : CLE vs. stock w/Bobs on Mirage ski racer

Kent
04-23-2001, 07:12 PM
Has anyone run these two units back to back to determine speed and handling differences. I know generally the Bobs is a faster unit but there seem to be many CLE units running over 110. If you have had success with the CLE over the Bobs what speeds are you running and what changes did you do if any. Thanks for your input.

Glenn
04-23-2001, 08:04 PM
Hey Kent. Did you read this... http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/performa.htm

Exactly what you are looking for right hear.

Glenn

MirageMark
04-23-2001, 08:27 PM
Kent, before you read the test on screamandfly, let me tell you what I have learned. On a modified tunnel hull such as a Mirage, your bullet length doesn't make much difference. Therefore, on a Mirage a CLE would probably be just as good or better than adding a bob's cone to it. However, on a v-bottom hull such as an allison the bullet length makes a dramatic difference. On a v-bottom you need a longer bullet, therefore the addition of a cone would be imperative. The results from the screamandfly test are very dramatic, partly because the test was performed on a Hydrostream v-bottom. One would expect a major difference there, but probably not on a Mirage....Of course, this is just my opinion.

Good Luck,
Mark