PDA

View Full Version : Finally recovered from rotten computer ills...

sho305
11-30-2002, 04:17 PM
Just about a week of no dialup on my machine, what pain! Rotten w2k, this is the second time I had to reinstall it. Did not want to bind with the modem anymore...that is what I get for trying to get connection sharing going again. Takes forever to put all that software back in....@^#$@!!!!! Worked on it for 30 hours, then figured screw it. Funny how I could boot win98 on the same machine and it worked fine. Just about did not put it back in. I use the 98 just for games.

Anyway, nice to be back. It is 32 here today and light snow...what fun. :)

WharfRat
11-30-2002, 04:29 PM
hey Sho............. that ICS is a POS:eek:

W2K is great compared to 98, just use terminal services instead of ICS:D

Scott

sho305
11-30-2002, 04:46 PM
Yeah I found out all about RAS, WANminiports, ICS, proxy servers, DNS, bindings, and all that but still would not work no matter what protocol or adapter I installed/uninstalled or even repair of w2k pro. I kept getting error 720 for PPP, and a miniport error in hardware. 30 hours digging and on the net with the other machine and nothing worked. I'll have to check that out, thanks for the tip. I only have a 98 machine hooked to this w2k/98, and a w2k/Mandrake play machine here on a hub. Need to share printers, and get it working good for when I move up to ISDN or something. Wanted to use the Mandrake for a firewall, but might get a box, like lynksys one and not use a dedicated machine for it.

Now Outlook is not wanting to open my links in a new window, and trashes a window for itself....:rolleyes: OK, supposta have that fixed per MS now after a reboot.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think I about used up a years worth of life for my "on" button so far.

JW
11-30-2002, 04:58 PM
Down here in Hicksburg I snowblowed 8" off the drive at 3:00 today..............

gaineso
11-30-2002, 05:15 PM
70 and sunshine today. Light frost last night. Supposed to stay cold for another week, then get back up to more normal 80. St. Johns is pretty this time of year.