PDA

View Full Version : Shining up a Hydrostream with striped scheme

WIPolaris
09-01-2011, 06:45 PM
I see a lot of threads for streams with metalflake, and I just want to make sure I do the right thing to my boat to bring it back.

Currently the finish on the deck isn't terrible, but there is a lot of room for improvement when its sitting next to one that shines. There are only cracks in the gel up by where the front light mounts, otherwise its in great condition.

So what are good products and the correct process for me to bring the shine back and keep it there?

Heres the boat for a reference of the paint scheme.

99fxst99
09-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Do a search on polishing gelcoat. There was a thread on here that I used last summer, basicly wet sand with 1000 or 1200 and follow with polishing compound, then wax. Worked great on some badly faded gel. I did a multi-color Virage with medium polishing compound and wax and it worked well also. Depends on how faded you are.

rev.ronnie
09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I see a lot of threads for streams with metalflake, and I just want to make sure I do the right thing to my boat to bring it back.

Currently the finish on the deck isn't terrible, but there is a lot of room for improvement when its sitting next to one that shines. There are only cracks in the gel up by where the front light mounts, otherwise its in great condition.

So what are good products and the correct process for me to bring the shine back and keep it there?

Heres the boat for a reference of the paint scheme.

Beaching on rocks :0

mitsugsx813
09-08-2011, 11:50 PM
^ i was thinking the same....