PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Edition Vista

MarkHP
11-27-2002, 05:10 PM
I have just aquired a Canadaian Edition Vista (appx 1989). I am new to the Hydo line so can anyone tell me if this hull uses a balsa core or if it is just fiberglass? If it is cored what should I check for to see if it is sound?

Mark HP>

bulldogdaddy
11-27-2002, 05:12 PM
welcome to s&f,never heard of this hull,but please post some pics!

mxz
11-27-2002, 05:16 PM
Go to and register with the Hydrostream Registry, the number one source of Hydrostream info anywhere! There is info on every model of Hydrostream ever made and I think there is even a performance question this week on your kind of hull in the tech section.

Hydrostream Registry (http://www.hydrostream.org)

MarkHP
11-28-2002, 12:29 PM
That post was from me MXZ. Do all 'streams use cored hulls?

AnthonySS
11-28-2002, 12:53 PM
The Vista is a cool boat and can run quite well with proper setup.

Yes you hul has a Balsa core...CE used it in all their Stream boats

chris_lacey
11-28-2002, 01:45 PM
The Vista was a very cool model. Canadian only I believe. Built on the V-King/Valero hull, but with a bow rider deck. Seating was simialr to the Valero in the rear but had 2 contour couches up front. Kinda like a small Voyager, but more square lines. Again, similar to the Valero.
My friend Billy Murray (RIP) had one of the first ones out of the mold.

Definately register at HydroStream.org

BTW, the vernacular for HydroStream is usually 'stream as opposed to Hydro. WELCOME!!

AnthonySS
11-28-2002, 01:50 PM
YEP I first met Bill when he was at the wheel of the Vista...If I recall he had Xr4 on it and yes it had to be one of the first.

I think the day I met him on the lake, Kurt was with him in his King??? What ever happened to Kurt??

Anyway...God Bless Bill...I will always remember him as the 1st to bring an STV onto Rice Lake too....It inspired me to do the same to continue Bill's legacy!!!

chris_lacey
11-28-2002, 02:43 PM
Anthony, you have a memory like an elephant, honest to God.
Yep, Billy had an XR4.

Kurt is married again and has 2 young un's 6 and 8. He hasn't had a boat for years.
Talk to ya later,
And sorry Mark HP, didn't mean to interupt your thread.
Enjoy your boat. Where will you be using it?

AnthonySS
11-28-2002, 02:48 PM
CHRIS,

THANKS for the info on Kurt.

His King was the first Boat I ever went 80+ mph. Too boot there was 4 of us in the boat at the time, I think you may have been one of them!!!

My memory ain't that good...I had too many beers that day!!!