PDA

View Full Version : Online shopping sites: anyone run one?

mxz
11-27-2002, 04:57 PM
Keep seeing ads for turnkey online mega shopping sites for sale on EBAY. Anyone here run one of these sites that seem to take no effort to run? If so do you actually make any money from it?
The sites I see for sale state that there is no work to be done, only have to pay the monthy web hosting charge of usually around $10.
What does everyone think of this?
Seems too good to be true, even if you didn't make a fortune any extra money is always welcome!
Here is a link to one of the sites for sale
ebay online mall (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1791230253&rd=1) :confused:

skidoo29
11-27-2002, 05:05 PM
real busy at work today I see

Techno
11-28-2002, 07:51 PM
My friend quit his 100 grand programming job and went into business for himself. He makes slightly more, is his own boss and works when he wants. He sells 2 items.

He also is a work maniac and business minded. Has four 800 lines into his house and the web site. 1 employee for mailing. Recently went into partnership(another business 1 week ago) and the partner had a heart attack,died. I think he said that web site did 7 grand that month so was turning around. It wasn't making any sales previous although it had cost 25 grand to make it. The guy didn't work it well or whatever.
You don't do nothing but I guess for some it comes close to it.

My advice is a web site can make lots of money but is still dependant on the person running it. It would never work for me, I'm not that kind of person.