PDA

View Full Version : f ing water spots!

heath_donath
07-29-2011, 12:23 PM
So getting a lot of water spots in my imron paint. Any way to get them out without stripping all the wax every weekend?

whipper
07-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I just redid my hull with maguires 85 by hand not with a buffer. It takes a little arm muscle but i didnt want to go into the gel as she was still good with decads left. Then I took two days and waxed each day. The thicker the coat of wax the better for ease of spot removal. I just used the Maquires RV Marine wax by hand. Water runs right off like its going down hill! Thats what ya want it wont sit there and harden. I have a buddy that swears by 40/60 mix vinager and water. 60 vinager. He does this on his new mastercraft ski boat. That also seems to work for some reason. I think it makes the hull real smooth taking out all the little bits of dust and dirt so the water runs off. Pluss vinager is a nutralizer. So if the water is hard mineralized that will tend to make spots more than softer water. The Vinager with make the water softer? Thats his therory but seems to work also. Our hulls are super shinny all the time on the water.:cool:

heath_donath
07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Yahh im only having problems cause i have a mirage with lots of color and im anal check out my photos! Water sits on the sides of the boat since its got flat areas gonna try the vinegar thing though. I just cant buff the thing out every damn week lol!

resqu-u
07-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Try the vinegar, it works pretty good. I have REALLY hard water in our new house in NC. I've used some stuff called Wink Rust and Stain remover on my car windows and paint for years. I think it's mainly vinegar but has some other stuff in there. Put in on with a micro fiber cloth, let it haze up and then buff it off. Works really good and it's cheap, grocery store/walmart in the cleaning isle, brown bottle.

heath_donath
07-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Vinegar worked great solves a lot of headaches!

BAD ASS BOAT
07-31-2011, 11:32 PM
How do you apply the vinegar and water with a terry towel? Or some kinds of scrubber?

specboatops
08-01-2011, 05:38 AM
How do you apply the vinegar and water with a terry towel? Or some kinds of scrubber?
Get a spray bottle, I mix 60/40 60- Water/40 -Vinegar.....works like a champ !

BAD ASS BOAT
08-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I guess you misunderstood me what do you use to rub it in a sponge or terry towele what do you use to rub it off the boat or do you spray and wash off? Thanks :}

specboatops
08-02-2011, 11:57 AM
I guess you misunderstood me what do you use to rub it in a sponge or terry towele what do you use to rub it off the boat or do you spray and wash off? Thanks :}Spray it on right after I get out of the water, and wipe off with a nice towel.

heath_donath
08-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Yah I just put it in a bucket and used a sponge than washed with my good soap after.

Liberator*21
08-08-2011, 08:45 AM
I gotta jump in on this as I have some questions too........ After a day on the river, I noticed brown spots on my otherwise clean white transom (only). I've tried Acetone to remove, but nothing happens. Last night I applied fine rubbing compound using a 6" orbital buffer and it came off after some serious buffing. I then applied 6 coats of Mothers Wax in hopes of keeping those spots at bay. Are these spots we're talking about round spots streak stains that look a little like splatter or discoloration in certain areas........anybody got a pic of theres before removal ? Wish I would have thought of talking a pics before I removed mine. Curious to see if we're talk'n about the exact same condition. Thx.

BAD ASS BOAT
08-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Try the vinegar, it works pretty good. I have REALLY hard water in our new house in NC. I've used some stuff called Wink Rust and Stain remover on my car windows and paint for years. I think it's mainly vinegar but has some other stuff in there. Put in on with a micro fiber cloth, let it haze up and then buff it off. Works really good and it's cheap, grocery store/walmart in the cleaning isle, brown bottle.

Thanks for the heads up on this I am going to wally today and pick some up !

Liberator*21
08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this I am going to wally today and pick some up !

Post back after you us it and let us know how it worked for ya............