PDA

View Full Version : Name and location should be mandatory on S&F

Speed Jr.
06-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I think it would be better for the site if those who's name is not their screen name should have to put their full name in their signature and put their location in their profile. Seems to be some people with no information that start stupid stuff on here. If you dont have anything to hide, than what would be wrong with this? I guess anyone can make up a name, since there are still people on here who were banned years ago. I think this would help the site though. Just a suggestion. Anyone out there have issues with putting your name on your sigs? I dont......

My name is and always has been in my sig.....

JohnR
06-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I don't have a problem with the location but having an unusual last name like I do, I don't like to post it because of all of the identity theft that goes on. One of the car boards I go on requires at least what state you are in or if you're outside of the USA the country.

John

MercNuts
06-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Just a suggestion. Anyone out there have issues with putting your name on your sigs? I dont......

I have a problem with it because the internet is full of whores that harvest information and use it for everything from identity theft to spam lists.

What I do think we need is location and occupation for any body who sells something. I think the location is mandatory for sellers but I am not sure.

jphii
06-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I would never post my name or location....:D

sammythebull
06-20-2011, 12:16 PM
may be in your profile but its not needed on post

imq707s
06-20-2011, 12:36 PM
The only problem I can see is that some if you ever got some "shady" people that may be trolling around on the site.....not they know your full name, the city and state you live in, and can probably find out what boat you have, and were you keep it. Just gives would be criminals an easier way to find some of the high end boat they are looking for...... I'm always a little gun-shy about posting "too much" information on the web for everyone to get a hold of.

And then like others have said...they are plenty of people out there they scour web forums for peoples personal information and then steal their identity.

But maybe I'm just paranoid.....

Djyox
08-17-2011, 09:39 PM
I agree with not posting your full name due to trolls. However, a basic location, even just the state would be fine.

A lot of people use the same screen name or same information on different sites. And google is too easy to use. All you have to do to find out some information on someone is google up where other information is posted, and you could build a full profile on someone from just the sites you've visited.

BottomsUp
11-17-2011, 05:52 AM
I agree. As a sponsor obviously my information is posted. I have seen no unusual spam.

I'm in Jr .........