PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank switches

gtsmpuc
07-10-2001, 09:40 AM
I'm wanting to move my gas tank from the center of my liberator tunnel to the outside sponsons. I was wondering what is the bestway to make a crossover. Would it be better to suck out of both tanks at the same time or do one at a time. Do I need to run an electronic fuel pump in the boat. I have a 95 225 Mariner EFI. Any bodys personal set ups or pics would greatly be appreciated. I would like to have only 1 fill and not one on both sides.
Also I will probably build the tanks myself so I can get the fit I want but just for ****s and giggles does anybody know of where you can order any? This may save me some time.

BoatGoFaster
07-10-2001, 10:42 AM
Check out these switches

http://www.imcomarine.com/cgi-bin/vcat2/CatalogMgr.pl?cartID=b-2479&template=htx/temp2.htx&SearchField=category&SearchFor=SFV&hdrFile=hdr/SFV.txt&ftrFile=ftr/ACC.txt

I have 2 tanks One on each side. 2 fills. I chose which tank to draw off with the switch. In my experience when they were connected as one tank, they never go down even.

The port tank is usefull as ballast when running single.

JERRELL STONE
07-10-2001, 02:04 PM
I have two polished alum. tanks in my Liberator that I might be willing to trade for your center mount. My tanks hold 15 gal each. What does your tank hold? JS

gtsmpuc
07-10-2001, 09:41 PM
fills from the left rear. the vent is at the left front, pickup is at right rear. The sender unit is dead center of the front of the tank. If your interested I will e-mail you exact dimensions. i will also need the dimensions on yours.

Barney
07-10-2001, 10:14 PM
I have a center T tank that holds 30gal.

I also have some 18's that will fit the sides.

Had new polished alum tanks made by KSH Marine 520-680-6610
25 gal each side, took order over the phone, had tanks 7 days latter, fit perfect $600, with senders.

gtsmpuc
07-11-2001, 09:43 AM
do you want to get rid of them? If you do give me a price and their dimensions. also do they have senders and where do they fill at?