PDA

View Full Version : OMC prop. Need feedback?

Smoking Joe
04-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Hi guys, I have an opportunity to purchase this prop.

3 Blade SS Propeller 27 Pitch RX Suit OMC, Evinrude.
Race prop
Brand New Condition

I am looking to run it on a 4.0 V8 Johnson on jack plate and 23 ft Wellcraft.
Will this prop give me stern or bow lift, are they a good prop. Could this suit my application????:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Nev.

BeefKid
04-04-2011, 01:57 AM
imo thats a thin prop for that motor and boat... i would prob look for a through hub prop bout that pitch... but you will have better opinions coming...

staylor
04-04-2011, 08:09 AM
...and was originally intended for bass boats and high performance hulls in the 17-19 ft size. I agree with BeefKid that the SRX blades don't have much area for running on a 23 ft hull- I suspect you may not like it due to excess slip plus venting on holeshot. I'd suggest that you look at some of the props from Hydromotive first. An alternative is to play with available props available in your area to find how much blade area and diameter your boat needs to carry the bow. Once you get an idea of this you can make a much better guess on what type of prop you need.
Doug

Smoking Joe
04-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks guys, I guess I will probably need to look to four blade props then. The engine is coming with a prop, not sure what it is but I will give it a run. The results from that run will hopfully give you guru's some more information which will allow a more definitive recommendation on prop and pitch.

Thanks again,

Nev.