PDA

View Full Version : A Cool Story....

Jeff Lytle
11-12-2002, 09:32 PM
These pics were just forwarded to me. Wish something like this could happen to me !!!
This beautiful Class B Jinx Utility was started while the owner ( Pictured ) was still in high school in 1974-1975. He was a self admitted "Punk Kid" and did not finish the project. He ended up giving the uncomplete boat to the shop teacher.

It gets better......25 years later, dosn't he meet the same shop teacher and ask "What ever happened to that old Utility I never finished?" >>>>"It's yours if you want it back"<<<< came the answer.

A DREAM COME TRUE ?????

Jeff Lytle
11-12-2002, 11:18 PM
Another of this beauty

eautosales
11-12-2002, 11:27 PM
man that is cool wish i could have built a boat we were forced to build clocks:(

Outboards Unlimited
12-04-2002, 12:04 PM
I guess I could take my gun case and lay it down door side up strap a merc on the base and giver hell! Nah, Ill just wish we could have built boats too.
What if they would have offered a fiber glass shop!

Raceman
12-04-2002, 01:15 PM
We built crossbows in wood shop while the metal shop guys got to do go karts and mini bikes. I tried to get our wood shop teacher to let me do a Glen L hydro kit in the shop but he wouldn't. Ended up doing it at home in the back yard and stickin' a 9.8 Merc on it. That was about 40 years ago and the beginning of the obsession.

Balzy
12-04-2002, 02:02 PM
in wood shop and the guy's dad that I sold it to just gave it back to me. I now gave it to Anthony SS for his son. he hopes to drive down with the family around Easter and pick it up. We have a thread with pics on here somewhere.

Raceman
12-04-2002, 08:20 PM
Actually mine was a Minimax too, we just always called it a hydro. I wanted to build Glen L's Hydro kit, but my dad thought it was a lot more complex, which of course it was. Mine's long since rotted away, but I've thought of building another one just for old times sake and stickin a KG7H on it.

Balzy
12-04-2002, 08:54 PM
it wet about 3 or 4 times. Never even drilled hiles in the steering board for steering. I guess he did the tiller thing. It was stored in a dry barn and it is completely solid. Other than a bit of mice poop and some straw in it it looks good. Paint is cracking in spots and needs to be sanded off and redone, but no dry rot anywhere. Amazing after 26 years............ :D :D :D Guess I did something right when I was 17......

Oh yea, I was to tight to buy the plans for 20 bucks so I drew my own in drawing class. Gotta love them shop classes ha?