PDA

View Full Version : Baja Scat Cat setup ?

scat
03-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Quick suggestions would help!

My son has a 12' Baja Scat Cat with an Evinrude 40 mounted on a CMC PT130 T&T. Currently, the motor control does not have trim. I have the CMC trim switch mounted on the dash. It is completely unsafe to manage the steering, throttle, and trim with only two hands.... Would you suggest a new motor control w/ trim, mounting the trim switch on the steering wheel, or a hot foot (with trim switch on steering wheel)?

Thank you.

99fxst99
07-25-2011, 06:10 AM
I stumbled on this doing a Scat cat search. Can't believe you didn't get any replies. For what its worth, probably too late, I would definately do a hot foot and trim either on the wheel or on a "turn signal" switch. You could also leave the hand throttle and mount a switch on the throttle, but this would be a definately third choice.
Put a few pics on here, and I am sure you will stir some interest. I have seen them with everything from 25 to 75hp. Neat little boats!

FlatSleek
07-31-2011, 06:49 PM
I stumbled on this doing a Scat cat search. Can't believe you didn't get any replies. For what its worth, probably too late, I would definately do a hot foot and trim either on the wheel or on a "turn signal" switch. You could also leave the hand throttle and mount a switch on the throttle, but this would be a definately third choice.
Put a few pics on here, and I am sure you will stir some interest. I have seen them with everything from 25 to 75hp. Neat little boats!

:iagree: the hot foot with either the turn signal style or on the wheel is the way to go. heres a few pics of my F-12/Scat cat, I hope to have it going in a month or so.

VELOCITOY
07-31-2011, 10:23 PM
...is that really a 140 on that..?.!.?..YIKES...I bought a Scat-Cat for my kids that had a 25 with a good prop/set-up, and it went 33-34 mph...How frikkin fast is that one.?..

FlatSleek
08-01-2011, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=VELOCITOY;2199980]...is that really a 140 on that..?.!.?..YIKES...I bought a Scat-Cat for my kids that had a 25 with a good prop/set-up, and it went 33-34 mph...How frikkin fast is that one.?..[/QUOTE

Yes it is a 1988 140 looper:eek: Not sure how fast, still rigging it. I'm hoping to see around 80 or so:D

perfmarine1
08-01-2011, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=VELOCITOY;2199980]...is that really a 140 on that..?.!.?..YIKES...I bought a Scat-Cat for my kids that had a 25 with a good prop/set-up, and it went 33-34 mph...How frikkin fast is that one.?..[/QUOTE

Yes it is a 1988 140 looper:eek: Not sure how fast, still rigging it. I'm hoping to see around 80 or so:D

Are you nuts!!!Hate to be negative but there is no way that will work. That is going to porpose like you wont beleve! Make sure you have someone video your first run cuz it may be the last.!!!!!!!!!

FlatSleek
08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=FlatSleek;2200022]

Are you nuts!!!Hate to be negative but there is no way that will work. That is going to porpose like you wont beleve! Make sure you have someone video your first run cuz it may be the last.!!!!!!!!!

Yes I have some issues:D It's a good possibility you're right about the porpoising. I am putting a set of Lenco 9"x 12" electric trim tabs and a cavitation plate on it to improve the hole shot and up to midrange speed but the tabs can get you in trouble at higher speeds unless used wisely. I am going to mount them about an inch negative so they only touch the water when you want them to, they do add some stability at higher speeds when they are parallel with the running surface without creating much drag or scrubbing speed either.One thing for sure, it wont need much trim:eek: I will definitly get it on video:thumbsup:

Scat what kind of set up did you go with???

FlatSleek
10-27-2011, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=FlatSleek;2200022]

http://youtu.be/BdiNlYGwQLQ

Still dont know about the high speed handling Greg but it felt pretty good up to 50 or so. sloppy full feedback single cable steering and first time in the water so I didn't want to push it too hard. Need to get a LWP/nosecone and raise the motor about 2 inches. And BTW Thanks for the help in the tech section:thumbsup:

Scat you still around? Hows your son liking his boat???

Mr. Demeanor
10-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Hehehe....your nuts lenny ;)