PDA

View Full Version : My Twister Parts

Dave S
11-10-2002, 08:21 PM
:) Hello All, I listed on eBay a Twister motor for parts. I was trying to decide whether to list all the parts separately or all in one ad. I decided to do the second, thinking that it would be better to keep it all together. But then someone may want a set of carbs or some reeds or some transfer covers, maybe even someone needs an exhaust housing for their complete powerhead. But I listed it all as one, not wanting it to be broken up. Now people want to know what it would takes to put it back together again. All these parts are scarce, especially the crankshaft of which I have none. I'm sure no one else does, otherwise it would not be an issue. At that point we have to be imaginative if we want this motor to run again. The easiest way would be a standard 150 crank with reed cages with the holes blocked off with plates. It might not run like the true Twister, but it would run. Due to the fact that there is no top cover or flywheel you'd have to break out the silver paint for the flywheel and put it on an engine stand as a show piece. Recently on this Board someone had mentioned that there was a T2 in the box, brand new, for $5000. To me that is a bargain. To reach back in time and grab a great classic, unscratched, is priceless. You can buy any of the newest motors at your local dealer, but you can't buy a T2X. I'm sure there are others out there, keep looking. Dave S.