PDA

View Full Version : Look familliar Sam???

Jeff Lytle
11-08-2002, 11:10 PM
These are the pics of the Schumacher Hydro that was in Clayton N.Y. I told you about. It IS the same boat bh/ bought on EBay, that's confirmed.
But.......Is the same boat you saw with the round tank you mentioned on CORE that Terry Kilcoyne bought?? My, how they get around.
For the rest of you guys, it seems this is the boat Dan Kirts used to set the 500cc Hydro Kilo record in December of 1987. 121+ MPH lying on his belly :eek: Things sure happen awfully fast at that speed.

Mark75H
11-08-2002, 11:21 PM
Yes, that is the boat. I remember the Eldredge lower unit. I should have bought that foot and mid. Terry offered it to me at a decent price, but I already had one. He also offered me the boat in trade for any round nose hydro in decent shape (I didn't have a round nose to trade then and didn't need the Schu.

I am sure Terry was the seller at Clayton. To him it was a white elephant ... he is into older stuff.

Mark75H
11-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Jeff, do you know anything about the race motors Quincy made after they stopped making the motors based on the Merc crankshaft? Do you know anyone who still has one?

Jeff Lytle
11-08-2002, 11:32 PM
I admit having a grey area between the Looper era, and the Quincy American RB engines.

BTW, the Schumacher was owned by a Canadian named John Dertinger at Clayton who claimed he went to Indiana and bought it right from Kirts. Apparently he sold it to another Canadian guy who wanted to run, but did not realize the size of engine he would need to push a boat this big.
It would be really interesting to see how many times it changed hands between when I saw it, and now that Brian Hendrick owns it.

Jeff Lytle
11-08-2002, 11:38 PM
Sorry about the size of that image. I tried to shrink it down. Guess It didn't work. :confused:

Jeff Lytle
11-08-2002, 11:50 PM
I think I do know someone who has one If you are looking for an RB. Jack Kugler still produces RB's and the like under the Quincy Banner. All produced on CNC, pretty quick too.