PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Thrust Washer

jayfaro
02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Good morning,
Long time lurker but dont post too often and am in need of some help. I need to know what the CORRECT thrust Washer for a PowerTech TRO4 with the UN Hub looks like. The serial # on the prop is UN150TRO4R27P. It has the standard Universal Pressed in hub. i have been told a standard Merc Washer will not fit by some folks and the other folks said it would. I am running a Gambler 2200 with a Merc 250XB standard shaft 15 spline. If anyone is running a Powertech with a UN Pressed in Hub could please email me a picture of the thrust washer or post it on here, it would be very helpful....thanks so much in advance!

Jay Faro

97 TWISTER
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I would contact Power Tech than you know exactaly what you need. I don't know nothing about there stuff but Googled them and found a phone#318-688-1970

jayfaro
02-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Twister,
Thanks for the info but have already contacted them. They said they dont carry/stock these any longer. he did say he may have a UN M/Y Kit but it only included the thrust washer and it was $50. That seems like alot of dough for a washer. i may end up still buying it but i'd like to see if anyone can give me some additional info on it and possibly, hope someon used to use this prop and has a washer laying around. Thanks!!! the person at PT was very friendly and helpful though...i'm glad i bought the prop as i couldnt walk away from the price but the washer issue might be a problem. We'll see...
Jay