PDA

View Full Version : DSRA RACE at BANANA BEND

dennymac
01-27-2011, 02:18 AM
As some of you guys might already know, DSRA is going to have a pre season tune up race on April 2 & 3 in Highlands, Tx. @ Banana Bend Park. This is the same facility where we host the annual "Winternationals" rally every January. This will be an official DSRA Race. Every Class DSRA has in the rule book will be run at this event, just 660ft, aka 1/8 th mile... this is what we know so far;
Saturday and Sunday Race
All DSRA Classes plus a New Class... Unlimited 660ft
We have the Ok from Banana Bend. Contract Pending.
We have the Ok from the local law.
Sport Rescue is Good.
Insurance is Good.
Fuel is Good.

If you are interested in racing with us and haven't in the past, please consult the rule book @ dsraonline.com for particulars on any class you might be interested in.
This would be a great opportunity for any local guys, or not so local that have been wanting to try their hand at organized, rule based boat racing...
Sure would like to see some of you golden triangle boys come and check out some DSRA drag racing with us.....Hope to see some new blood show up, thanks guys...
:thumbsup: dmac

drwjr
01-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Sweet can't wait till April, hopefully we will have some good weaher. So are you going to be in the starting barge again?

dennymac
01-27-2011, 02:59 AM
Sweet can't wait till April, hopefully we will have some good weaher. So are you going to be in the starting barge again?
Hey Dave, what's up, forgot you was a night owl full time...i'm only on it till the end of March, hopefully...Hope not to be on the barge this time, i'm actually going to try to get my boat ready and make the race...i do get one night off every 14 days, so what's the problem, right:rolleyes: ...
:thumbsup: dmac

Instigator
01-27-2011, 03:11 AM
Great News Denny! For those that haven't been, this is an awesome facility! All beach spectator area, great ramps ( a bunch of em too), plenty of parking, camping etc, etc. All around, one of the nicest places I've been to for a drag race.

drwjr
01-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Well get a move on, its been to long since you wooped some tail with the pro comp.

merctech5591
01-27-2011, 07:33 AM
a great place and 2 days of jam packed racing. cant beat that !

boatboy0000
01-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Dennymac, I personally had a great time at the winter nats. but, the 3-4 days after was not to much fun!!!!!! That being said I dont know if I will bring my boats......Have Nick call me and I will see if I can help because God knows he has helped me alot ..Thanks, Scott Jordan

Da Bull
01-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Dennymac, I personally had a great time at the winter nats. but, the 3-4 days after was not to much fun!!!!!!

Scott, This is why we don`t give trophy`s, Plaques or anything but food, fun and and good times at our Northern Chapter rallys. It`s just all for braggin rights with never a clear 1st 2nd 3rd or anything. Differant people do thier rally`s thier own way and nothing wrong with that it just ain`t our way. Come on up to the next NCR and see whats it`s like.

If it`s organization with all equipment, camara`s and class`s with specific rules then DSRA, ODBA and so on is where it`s at. I like that too.

You have some hard running boats and it would be a shame for them to stay at home.

DB

drwjr
01-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Just bring your boats and run them, with the official cameras there its should be perfectly clear who wins and who doesnt. So that way there will be no back and forth after, just haul butt put on a good show and have some fun.

patchesII
01-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I agree Scott. Bring the boats

Jason Smouse
01-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Dennymac, I personally had a great time at the winter nats. but, the 3-4 days after was not to much fun!!!!!! That being said I dont know if I will bring my boats......Have Nick call me and I will see if I can help because God knows he has helped me alot ..Thanks, Scott Jordan

Scott seriously?????? You need to bring the boats. Pound for pound, boats to boats, racers to racers, power to power. Also no speed limit! There is a Finish line camera, fuel tech, and scales. Not to mention radars at the starts. No one can try and take a win from ya if you get to the buoy first! Wish you would have called, you sure sound bitter. Let it go and come race! :cool: try to look past me being an a hole and not hold it against the Dsra.

boatboy0000
01-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Jason, I did call and left you a message on your voice mail. Maybe you did not get it? I did not think you were being a ahole I openling said your boat beat mine,but if you would have read what I posted I said your boat did not return to the starting barge for what THEY(whoever was running that deal) called the final four to put the gps in the boats.That was their call not mine and I am sorry if you did not agree with that.......I never took one thing away from your boat..I am not mad at the dsra and if you would read this post I even ask dmac to tell Nick to call me to see if I could help them.. I have always said I just wanted to sand bar race and did not want to run competitive..You have to agree that it is disapointing that the most crap is started by people that did not even have a boat there...Feel free to call me or I will look back to find your ph. number,NO hard feelings from me and I am tring to help the DSRA.............Thanks, Scott

Jason Smouse
01-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Jason, I did call and left you a message on your voice mail. Maybe you did not get it? I did not think you were being a ahole I openling said your boat beat mine,but if you would have read what I posted I said your boat did not return to the starting barge for what THEY(whoever was running that deal) called the final four to put the gps in the boats.That was their call not mine and I am sorry if you did not agree with that.......I never took one thing away from your boat..I am not mad at the dsra and if you would read this post I even ask dmac to tell Nick to call me to see if I could help them.. I have always said I just wanted to sand bar race and did not want to run competitive..You have to agree that it is disapointing that the most crap is started by people that did not even have a boat there...Feel free to call me or I will look back to find your ph. number,NO hard feelings from me and I am tring to help the
DSRA.............Thanks, Scott

Just got home from yesterday, been working seven days a week since I took off one day for the winter nats. Your voicemail may still be on my phone but I haven't checked them. Working some crazy hours! Glad to hear there is no bad feelings here. Jason smouse ;)

CUDA
01-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Yeah Jason clean out your byuboyz PM box also.

Jason Smouse
01-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah Jason clean out your byuboyz PM box also.

Will do thanks.

malexie
01-30-2011, 09:41 PM
We really need to have lots of boats for this. You do not have to be a
regular at every race, but if its in your back yard you can pass that up.
I'm bringing 2 boat maybe in 3 classes.

Wobble
02-07-2011, 10:11 PM
We really need to have lots of boats for this. You do not have to be a
regular at every race, but if its in your back yard you can pass that up.
I'm bringing 2 boat maybe in 3 classes.

We are hearing that there is no class that jetboats can run. Is this correct?

1/4master
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Correct