PDA

View Full Version : Square carb. T2X

nitro hydro
11-07-2002, 11:53 PM
Hey Raceman
Check your email I sent you a picture of my T2X with the square carbs . I dont know how to put it on the board but I think I can email it. If you got it post it on the board for me.
Thanks Troy

Raceman
11-08-2002, 06:45 AM
Troy, we will be expecting you to post everything you know about this engine.

Background: Troy showed at Jasper in 2001 with a 1500XS powerhead adapted to an early BP mid on an old Checkmate full tunnel raceboat from the late 60's/early 70's. It had to run Pro 120 (whatever the class was formerly called) and wasn't able to run with the modern stuff, but it was a cool blast from the past to watch. Troy seems to run across a lot of old race stuff over around Augusta. There was a ton of racing goin' on over there in the 70's.

Here's Troy's picture:

Raceman
11-08-2002, 06:47 AM
Sorry, but I don't have software in this computer to shrink it. I'll try to get it done later in the day.

Troy, how about sending me some pics of that from different angles, including down the throats and I'll post them too. Don't forget to include the history.

crazy horse
11-08-2002, 07:08 AM
RM, Post the pics of that oval carb engine setup as big as you want. I can wait, No problem.

Raceman
11-08-2002, 08:57 AM
Crazy, are you unable to see it? It's on that 4.45 AM post. Let me know if it doesn't load for you here and I'll e mail it to you.

crazy horse
11-08-2002, 10:48 AM
RM, I already down loaded a copy of it. It doesn't look like they went to NASA for the linkage setup. I see it looks like they had a return fuel line at the top carb? I would think they would have fed fuel from the top and bottom. The bigger photos are nice with the old engines, I look for details and ideas, If ya know what I mean.

LakeRacer99
11-08-2002, 11:03 AM
That is an interesting intake, I have not seen that before. How did it run?
I want to third the large photo comment, I like the details also. If I need a smaller photo for email or something, I can always crop the larger one.
Thanks,

CH: I like the NASA comment, "I always wondered where that coat hanger went"

crazy horse
11-08-2002, 02:46 PM
Hey LR99, That linkage setup looks like the one I had on a go cart when I was a kid. You know one of those carts with scrub brakes that were unsafe at ANY speed. I'd want those set screws real tite on that piece a wire. Raceman, What kind of software do you use to look at jpegs, ect. ACDSee lets ya do almost anything to a photo and its real easy to use. You can down load it from sites like Twocows ,Never can remember how to spell that.

Raceman
11-08-2002, 03:47 PM
Dave, that's just a straight download from an E mail. The only way I know how to change the dimension is when I do one with my scanner. My son's supposed to be throwing me in some software and giving me the lesson, but we haven't gotten around to it.

As far as the fuel feed, it's like my T2's with the six Tillotsens........ feeds from the bottom up. The line at the top isn't a fuel return, but a feed to the solenoid there behind the starter which is an enrichener for starting.

Mark75H
11-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Lucky! Lucky! Lucky! This is one of the all time one of a kind collector pieces!

The blue RTV on the carb bases looks like the kind of thing that would be done in Annapolis rather than Oshkosh. Any history on that piece?

Is there any serial number on this block?

Was it really found on an X mid?

Mark75H
11-08-2002, 03:54 PM
Re: making things a bit smaller. I have excellent software for resizing and shrinking images. The real pro stuff.

If anyone needs something resized email it to me and I can do whatever you need.

Raceman
11-08-2002, 04:00 PM
"If anyone needs something resized email it to me and I can do whatever you need."

As a matter of fact...................

Mark75H
11-08-2002, 04:02 PM
I guess I have email?

LakeRacer99
11-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Hey CrazyHorse:
That linkage reminds me of my carb linkage on my weedwacker boat that comes from a servo. Either way, I would love to have that motor...
LR99

Jeff Lytle
11-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Yeah sure you CORE guys know these images.
Wouldn't you guys love to find one that looks like this:

Raceman
11-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Jeff, I'm boring the old crew around here by saying this over and over, but I've found two more of em in the last year. One was complete and in a campground on a pleasure boat. Only change was to a shiftable gearcase from the SSM. The other was a complete drop on with cowl from the for sale forums here. They're still around.

Jeff_G
11-11-2002, 12:23 AM
I just picked up another block, crank, and square port carbs, Do you have any spare reed blocks?

Talking about how we fall into things. I am restoring a 1956 Feathercraft and 30 Evin. Lark. The Feathercraft has a 2 cockpit design. A customer looked at the boat and said he had a fiberglass boat with 2 cockpits and I couold have it if I wouold haul it away. With visions of a G3 in my mind I went over there and found a 1960 Norris Craft with a 1960 or 61 500 Merc! The damn thing has wings like a old Dodge! Needless to say it will be in the water in a few months, cruisiong down the river at a snappy 35 mph! Had to buy the motor though, $100.