PDA

View Full Version : has anyone everused shark hide on there alum ?

yachter55
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
I spent weeks removing salt,water stains,and oxidation off my tuna tower. Before I sealed it with corrision block,which by the way made a huge differance in the look.I asked around before i started and most people reccomended the block. Last week I used colinite wax to seal yhe tower as I felt the block was more of an oil bath than a protector.Today on the speed channel they used SHARK HIDE ,a product to seal alum. After searching the web I found some of there dealers were welding shops. interesting. So I ask has any one here ever used it on there boat ?@ 60 bucks a qt. yhey claim raw, billet or polished will work the best.air stream motor homes and pontoon boat owners are using it.have we found a new secret to shiny alum.and it last s for 2 years.

fasttoons
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
I have used Shark Hide on my last four pontoon boats. It's the best product out. I have also used it on my home-outside copper trim,and it's retained the original copper color. When you use it make sure to follow the instructions to the letter!

Superbender
02-14-2011, 07:14 AM
I just bought some haven't used it yet

yachter55
04-19-2011, 08:01 PM
well my tuna tower looked like it was never cleaned since 1995.I used never dull and it came out great.but still had a old alun look to it.then some old fart like me said try sea foam. when I was done I thought some one built me a new tower. shark hide 50 bucks,sea foam 15.stayed looking good and spot free for a month.a quick wipe down and lookinggood again. Pics when I figure out how to get em off my phone to here.lol