PDA

View Full Version : 300 PM Fleetmaster Spray Paint Color?

Propster
01-12-2011, 05:38 PM
I am trying to match the paint on my fleetmaster with a common rattle can color. Doesn't have to be perfect, but I want it to look good. It is a 2000 Merc 300 Pro Max. I tried the Krylon Aluminum color, but it is too shiny. Looks like that cheap chrome color. Anyone have any suggestions?

Lil' Blue Rude
01-12-2011, 11:31 PM
If I was you I wouldn't use rattle can paint on it. It's not nearly as durable as something like urethane sprayed from a paint gun and it dosn't look as nice. That's just my opinion. But I do understand that cost is an issue sometimes. You might go to auto zone and look at their duplicolor spray can paint. They might have something that would match better.

Propster
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
I used krylon gloss black on my 2.5 CLE's for years. Not super durable, but easy to touch up.

I have two fleetmasters. One is a newer fat shaft with a darker grey color and the other is an older small shaft that is a lighter grey with metalflake in it. The older housing is a little trashed with with a lot of salt corrosion. I have sanded down the bad spots and hit them with zinc chromate primer. It doesn't have to be perfect or durable. Just want it to look presentable. I was hoping that someone out there had a good color match rattle can for the stock color. Mercury has a couple of rattle can greys showing on their web site. They are stating that they are early and late Mariner colors. Not sure if they would match.

*** EDIT *** After several tries, I found a matching rattle can color from Mercury. Mercury p/n 92-802878-12 Mariner Silver ($7.00 a can). Stays on over 95 mph. Oil and fuel doesn't take it off. Not as smooth a finish as a spray gun application, but goes on pretty nice. Good stuff.