PDA

View Full Version : 12' mini Eliminator pickle fork tunnel hull?????

Lakelife
01-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Hey all,

I am new here and hoping some of you can hopefully help me out.

I recently came across (and purchased) a 12’ Eliminator pickle fork tunnel outboard hull. Or at least I think that’s what it is since it has no HIN number or ID plates on it.

Seems Eliminator and a few other boat manufacturers built these smaller hulls for marketing purposes for dealers who sold took delivery of their products. I’ve seen a couple Eliminators like this on line. They look just like the original 19’ Eliminator Daytonas’ but in a "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" mode. In fact the color scheme and stripes seem to be right out of the early eighties. See photos below.

It has never been rigged and there hasn’t been even one hole drilled in it. It is in incredibly mint condition except for a little bit of gelcoat fade which I have already found, buffs out real nice.

Anyway, from some research it seems this thing can handle around a 70hp outboard. I want to know if anyone has any idea about motor height and setback specs for this type of hull. Even any information about this hull or type of boat would great.

I am torn between trying to rig this boat for personal use and sale or maybe just sell it out right. I am interested in talking or listening to anything anyone has to say about this boat and possible project.

Thanks,
Mike
PS. Here are a couple photos of a boat I found on line. It isn't mine but is almost an exact twin except for the rigging. Oh yes, mine has the same interior set up and it too is in perfect condition. Also, I do not have a trailer for the boat.

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND></LEGEND></FIELDSET>

Mr. Demeanor
01-08-2011, 11:52 PM
I would try as little setback as possible and get the motor as high as possible. It will launch flatter and run flatter. Maybe someone with the same boat can chime in. 90 Yamaha????

Lakelife
01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the in put Mr. Demeanor. Is that your boat in the photo?

Mr. Demeanor
01-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the in put Mr. Demeanor. Is that your boat in the photo?

Yes. 13' Biel with a 130 Yamaha and runs in the low 80's every time with a cleaver but is "friendlier" with an ET.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMF31PI111s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnN-OiyfQio&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

moomba
01-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I had 2 of these a Rapid craft and a splash of one of these. You want a 15" Motor. The best I ran with the one that was a splash with 60HP 15" mid Evinrude 2 cyl was mid 50's. I never did have the perfect prop for it. It did have trim and tilt. The rapid craft ran 5-6 MPH slower as it was 100 lbs more. I was putting together a OMC Stinger 75HP with a modified yamaha trim and tilt Clamp for it but sold the boat before i got it together. The 75HP 15" Stinger is about 200 lbs. Great weight ot HP ratio. I do have another one without the trim and tilt I may part with. With the right prop set up on one with the stinger you should see 70MPH plus. Good luck with the project.

Mini Boat
01-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Hey Mr Demeanor, I have a 12' Tunnel Hull Mini Seed boat and dont know what size motor too put on it. It is rated for a 50hp max but i think I can squeese a little more out of it. I have included some pics of the boat and it is just the shell. So if you have any ideas for a paint sheme, seat style, steering, shifter, and would a jack plate be good for the boat. Thanks Brandon

JrCRXHF
01-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I had 2 of these a Rapid craft and a splash of one of these. You want a 15" Motor. The best I ran with the one that was a splash with 60HP 15" mid Evinrude 2 cyl was mid 50's. I never did have the perfect prop for it. It did have trim and tilt. The rapid craft ran 5-6 MPH slower as it was 100 lbs more. I was putting together a OMC Stinger 75HP with a modified yamaha trim and tilt Clamp for it but sold the boat before i got it together. The 75HP 15" Stinger is about 200 lbs. Great weight ot HP ratio. I do have another one without the trim and tilt I may part with. With the right prop set up on one with the stinger you should see 70MPH plus. Good luck with the project.

I have a little 10.5 cat that i am looking for a 15" stinger 75 for. Should run kinda like the 12' weight is a big deal on these little boats.

Jason Johnson
01-30-2011, 08:36 AM
Hard to beat a short 90 Yammi on these hulls. Parts are easy to find. And more cubes than a stinger. And you will not be limited on prop selection.

Maciek
10-29-2016, 12:54 PM

Hey Mr Demeanor, I have a 12' Tunnel Hull Mini Seed boat and dont know what size motor too put on it. It is rated for a 50hp max but i think I can squeese a little more out of it. I have included some pics of the boat and it is just the shell. So if you have any ideas for a paint sheme, seat style, steering, shifter, and would a jack plate be good for the boat. Thanks Brandon
HiBrandon,
Great looking boat. Did you finish her? Where did you get it and who is manufacturer of it? Any info would be very helpful.
Thanks, Mike