PDA

View Full Version : Traxxas Spartan test

Scream And Fly
01-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Believe it or not, I have a new Traxxas Spartan coming for a test. I was supposed to have it much sooner, but Traxxas had legal issues with the previous name for the boat (Titan) so instead of NY I think I need to test this little boat here.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/models/marine/5708spartan

http://www.traxxas.com/sites/default/files/5708_spartan_race.jpg

HStream1
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
No problem Greg. Have it sent to me I'll test it for all to see :D.

Looks like a cool toy!!!

fichrman2
02-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Greg, ship em down to me and Foley- don't worry they will make it back in one piece. Lol

Andy

Madpoodle
07-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Well?? :) :)

Mark Poole ModVP
07-11-2011, 04:09 PM
The electric powered boats have come a long way in the past several years. The motors and batteries they have now are making for some super performance. My next OB tunnel will be an electric. No fuel, no glow plugs, no plug lighter or engine starter. Also, no more reajusting the fuel mixture when air density changes. Nitro fuel at $35 a gallon, that money can be put towards a good charger and extra batteries. You can even get DC chargers so you can charge the batteries at the lake with a deep cycle 12V battery. Everybody thought gas boats would replace nitro. Electric will replace them both eventually.

lakeracer1
07-11-2011, 07:33 PM
The electric powered boats have come a long way in the past several years. The motors and batteries they have now are making for some super performance. My next OB tunnel will be an electric. No fuel, no glow plugs, no plug lighter or engine starter. Also, no more reajusting the fuel mixture when air density changes. Nitro fuel at $35 a gallon, that money can be put towards a good charger and extra batteries. You can even get DC chargers so you can charge the batteries at the lake with a deep cycle 12V battery. Everybody thought gas boats would replace nitro. Electric will replace them both eventually.

i hope not,,,i love to watch nitros run,especially the tunnels,i always thought thats what made runnin nitro fun,adjusting everything,tryin to get it just right,,,hopefully gettin a nice one in a lil while

Wingnut0302
07-11-2011, 09:44 PM
I picked up a spartan and I'm happy with it,I also converted a tunnel over from nitro to electric,In my opinion the the tunnel is more fun watching it fly the bow across the creek http://http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu48/wingnut0302/P1010393.jpg

Mark Poole ModVP
07-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Oh yes I will always have some type of nitro boat, they are fun if you like to tinker, and I do. Some of the best tunnel racers in this part of the country are getting electric tunnels and they love them. Many of the nitro hulls run better and faster with an electric set up.

RB in NM
07-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I picked up a used Traxxus Villian EX,,, batteries are shot I guess, it does not run long on a seemingly full charge. Time to get some new ones.
RB

fichrman2
07-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I did a Villain EX with all the upgrades RC Boat Modeler magazine(Summer 2006 or 05) did at the time, it was a fun boat for a first one, but I would put the money elsewhere in hindsight. What batteries are you running and what are your expectations for run time ?

Andy

RB in NM
07-22-2011, 09:37 AM
What batteries are you running and what are your expectations for run time ? Andy

Andy,,, I think they are Venom 1800 battreies,,, I bought this lil rig for my nephew and niece to use mainly. As to my expectations on run time, I want it to run 8 hours on a full charge..but we know that ain't gonna happen.. :)... I will start to research more about replacements, on the Traxxus site they say there's an upgrade battery that lasts a little longer and helps produce a little more speed,,,But I have yet to dig into it much yet.
Thanks, Russ

ghost28
07-22-2011, 11:28 PM
how much are they??? i may have to get myself a present when my boats done......

Skeet 2
07-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Try the venom NiMh7.2 volt 5000mAh Good Batteries just charge them before you go to the water so they will be fully charged ,I here they will discharge as they sit . The higher the mAh the longer the run time.The old NiCd chargers do not charge them unless it says NiMh and NiCd. Also the very Hot battres are the LiPo ,Lithium-Polymer, Vemom LiPo 2S 7.4 v 5000 mAh 20c are are bad ass packs But they take a special LiPo charger . Hope this will help

RB in NM
07-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks Skeet, I appreciate your help and suggestions... time to spend more money I guess...RB

frogII
07-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Is there a Traxxas dealer on site here ?
my kids looking to get a truck
if not who has the best prices
Thanks in advance

Skeet 2
07-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Go to Tower Hobbies WWW.tower (http://www.tower) hobbies .com 1 800 637 6050 they have great prices they have traxxas products.and many others...

Keebibear
07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey Frog I work at Rc Car Kings in Burnsville Come see me or talk to me sat at the UMPBA race in Menomonie race and we can talk. My name is Rob and Im sure we will have a couple of cars with us too if not maybe a couple cool boats for play.

frogII
07-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Keebibear;
Rob, Thanks for the reply , and that is where we got it from , if you have some toys with you we'll certanly look for ya
Traxxas Slash with blue Ford Rapture body is what the we got

See ya saturday