PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Paint

markdawson38
12-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Looking for green inexpensive paint - something that will stick, I am using it for my duck boat. Where is the best place to get it?? Don't want to mix or have to prepare, just something to spray on a fiberglass boat, don't want to use spray paint.

Gorilla0178
12-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I dont know what colors it comes in, but i think duplacolor has ready to spray paint that you can get at the autoparts store. Not sure if they have green.

afr
12-24-2010, 06:59 PM
for a duck boat why not just use rustoleum they got some cheap industrial stuff you can just throw on for hunting

markdawson38
12-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I have to paint the whole boat it will be quicker to put it in a spay gun and spay it. does rustoleum come in gallon?

afr
12-24-2010, 09:52 PM
yes and you can spray it with a spray gun theres a thinner for it i think its zlylene the directions are on the can and available at any home depot or lowes / most hardwear stores carry it

BUSHWACKER
12-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Yes Rustolum comes in gallons and ya can use a foam roller to put it on, comes out real nice I did a rusted dishwasher front years ago from green to white, people swore it wasn't the same diswasher.
Prep work and bonding to the aluminum are very important, should primer it first.

daytrader
12-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Rustoleum seems to be a softer type paint and takes a while to dry. Like AFR said thin it before u spray it. If u want a "harder finish" add some acrylic enamel hardener to it and it will flow better and dry quicker, but u will get a shinier finish. Seems like u have to thin it quite a bit to get it to flow right, more then what the can tells ya. A little paint goes a long way with this stuff. Just some personal observations fwiw.