PDA

View Full Version : Just checking this out

vector mike
10-31-2002, 01:53 PM
I found this new web site with all this annimated stuff but can't get it to work on this old dinosaur so I'm sending it here to see if it works.

vector mike
10-31-2002, 01:54 PM
Here's one more.

action17
10-31-2002, 01:55 PM
are you as bored as me?!!!:D

vector mike
10-31-2002, 01:58 PM
Just thought I would put these on here to see something. Seems pretty dead on here today. :D :eek:

barefootbob
10-31-2002, 02:13 PM
At least its warm down by you guys:cool:

vector mike
10-31-2002, 02:16 PM
Man it is supposed to get down in the 50's tonight. It is going to be freezing here! :eek:

Barefoot Bob
10-31-2002, 02:25 PM
We had 18 this morning...Now thats cold for this time of year

action17
10-31-2002, 02:30 PM
18 degrees!!!!!:eek: i 'll stick with 50's tonight thanks!!

Barefoot Bob
10-31-2002, 02:39 PM
I figured you probably would, I would love you weather. I just purchased a prop from a guy down there and we said it was 90 degree's a few days ago. MAN, I am just happy the lakes are not froze over yet:)

sho305
11-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Ya know whats coming...can't....get....away.....from it.....

Was at the lake last winter....sure seemed cold out.....took a pic...

:D :p :D

:(

Hows the boat gonna run on dat???

A.Acosta
11-04-2002, 10:10 PM
just took this pic last week is the view from my shop . Today was on the high 90 's next year take a vacation down here and you will have a very hot xmass

Barefoot Bob
11-04-2002, 10:17 PM
I bet the diving is great there also. Usually go to Cozumel

A.Acosta
11-04-2002, 10:26 PM
yes the driving is ok go ahead take a vacatio here i will take you around the island we have a lot of good places to go .and also a lot of boating (fast boating)

Barefoot Bob
11-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Now that is really tempting. I should almost take you up on that. We have been to Cozumel 4 times now in the past 6 years. Really love your weather down there.

A.Acosta
11-04-2002, 11:09 PM
when you visit Puerto Rico you will never go back to Cozumel . call when you take the trip

Barefoot Bob
11-04-2002, 11:18 PM
Thanks, I will do that

vector mike
11-05-2002, 06:14 AM
What is that last picture you posted? Is it a sunken boat? I can't tell if they are clouds or water. :rolleyes:

Barefoot Bob
11-05-2002, 08:13 AM
I know its a picture of the Island but I think the white stuff is SNOW around it. DAM, thats what I woke up to here!!!! Its snowing and the ground is white:(

vector mike
11-05-2002, 08:19 AM
Yeah, it's pretty cold here today too. It's only supposed to get up to 84° today. Tough weather to boat in but somebody has to do it. HEHEHEHE :D

sho305
11-05-2002, 08:27 AM
Yah, we have had 23 straight days of below ave temps here in MI. Average is 53 now. All the parents/retirees are bitchen up a storm! They want to head south early this year! They go at New Years otherwise, and return in April. Want to do Christmas early now...I'm just crying for them:p :p :D

vector mike
11-05-2002, 08:53 AM
There are too many of those "blue hairs" down here now. :eek:

sho305
11-05-2002, 09:16 AM
HAHAHA, good luck! My parents are pretty spry yet, and they like to see stuff. So they go to TX, AZ, CA and camp out. Not liking to stay anywhere very long. Don't like the rain/humidity in FL they say, they went there a couple of times. Maybe too cheap to run the A/C?...likely want to get outside.

Pops was telling me about the drag boats on the river at Yuma, AZ. They race miles up and down the river with big block blower motors, sometimes with a skier on the back! He showed me some pics, also do boat tests there sometimes, and they all like to see the models;) Sounds like really neat country out there and a lot different than here. I have to stay here:( I got 30 more years to work????waasssuupp wid dat???:confused: And all my Dad does is complain about how he has no time to do stuff????A lot of them do go down to FL and sit...not sure how they can do that if the legs still work???Trying to get the cholesterol count up? Can't have a boat in those parks they stay at; worthless!

vector mike
11-05-2002, 09:24 AM
We have a bumper sticker down here that says" When I retire I am going to move up north and drive slow". That is excatly how it is here. Luckly I drive a 4 wheel drive Suburban so they usually move out of the way for me. HEHE :D :D

sho305
11-05-2002, 10:05 AM
We have our fair share here. During the weekdays you can get on the the highway outside of town and go 75+mph anywhere. Try that on a weekend! It is getting to be a problem here as they discover these people that can not drive and have a license they renew every 8 years!

I had a guy pull out in front of me back when I was driving truck for a place with a F350 dually and 24' trailer. I hit the shoulder and got by him all sideways. Then when I got back on the pavement my trailer wiped his front bumper off because he was speeding up?!?!? Said I pulled out of a driveway? I was going through the intersection at 60, and he turned left in front of me while a truck turned right from next to him and completely blocked his view to the right, and of me, & the whole road. He got out leaning on the car and a cane in the other hand. Couldn't even walk. I was so hot I stayed in my truck. I told the cop he can't drive and he agreed, but said what do you do? I don't know if he ticketed him. I let him get out of there only to come up on him a few miles down the road; he was weaving way over into to oncoming lane of this two-lane 60mph highway in nowheres-ville doing 45mph. Oncoming traffic was pulling off the road scared as hell. I take offense to people trying to kill me on the road. But this happened all the time. These people have to go to the store and stuff, but they hammered the young drivers here, now what about testing out the ones not capable or restricting them? Killing me or my family violates my rights here I think.

Sorry to get into it, try to stay away from worthless government lack of management as it is depressing. Boats are much more fun! Gonna vote today though.:D :D :D

vector mike
11-05-2002, 10:12 AM
Sounds like you have as much fun up there as we do down here. I sold my motorcycle about 6 years ago because it was getting just to dangerous to ride with all those blind idiots out there. Just can't win! I'll stick to going fast in my drag car and on the water. Much safer there! :rolleyes: :D

sho305
11-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Thats a big reason I'm getting more into the boat thing. Know (have run with)lots of people here that run BBC with/without blowers in vees just to hear the bark out the back. I have a lake place, not a huge lake so 18 is about the biggest I can go, biggest that fits a garage as well in the winter. Might get a small block some day, but want to play with OBs now as they are easy to handle. My 17 BR has enough room to be comfy, and I'd like to start around 200hp. Going out to lake michigan all the time was a pain, and could not go up to lake place then. Wanted a rice rocket, but afraid to go to the hospital, thats why I got rid of the dirt bike a long time ago. Can't run a fast car anywhere, or drive it half the year here. Did have a AWD Laser turbo, still have and its broke, but that was year round fun; just too small.

Boats are looking to be about the last fast ride around you can go places in. The politicians will get to work stopping that when they figure it out. Have a speed limit now where you have to be like a 1/4 mile from shore to go fast on lake mi. Coast guard is around heavy in some areas due to drunks running into stuff. Most inland lakes/rivers are good running here though. Want to hit 70 on my lake, that will be way fun!