PDA

View Full Version : chattahootchee river run

jay j
07-06-2001, 07:10 AM
anybody interested in coming to the hootch for a weekend of
dragging, top end running , cooking, and just having a good
time? we are looking at doing it in a month or so. we have
people from georgia, florida coming over all the time. please respond if you are interested.

half fast
07-08-2001, 09:09 PM
Yea ,let us know.Got some slow boats here on Lake Sinclair,but we can cook and eat wit da bes ov em.hf

jay j
07-27-2001, 07:48 AM
looks like august 18 and 19 will be the date. meeting place
will be smith's bend. put in in at abbie creek park. about
25 miles south of eufaula al and 20 miles north of dothan
al. there are two ramps on the georgia side of the river.
very seldom are there any game wardens or dnr. have a big
sand bar, a hut and grill. email for more info

LaserLTV
07-29-2001, 12:19 PM
I'm in the Atlanta area, if I can get my powerhead back together in time I'd be interested in a get together. the area you're talking about is only about an hour and a half from here, I have customers that live down there and bring there cars up to my shop.

twhite
07-29-2001, 09:41 PM
I am from Dothan ,i beleive that I have 4 to 5 boats that can make it over that weekend my freinds have mirages,s.t.v,
and allisons. see ya there!
T.W

WaterBoy
07-29-2001, 11:29 PM
I'll be there if I don't sell my boat first. Hey Jay, are you the one with the red allison I borrowed the gps from last year. I'm the guy that bought TWhite's mirage. You know the pearl one. If I don't sell it, I'll take off that weekend.

Waterboy

jay j
08-10-2001, 04:59 PM
would like to know who is going to show and what day. i know
i will and maybe 10 or so other boats. please reply back, so
i will know if i will need my new drag motor and "mist".

WaterBoy
08-10-2001, 07:09 PM
Unless it sells first, which I very seriously don't think it will. Drag motor and mist, dang you trying and put a hurt'n one us boys. See Ya there maybe both days if I can get off work.

Thanks, Waterboy

LaserLTV
08-10-2001, 08:42 PM
Sorry guys I forgot that is the same week I am heading up to Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise, we made plans last summer to go.

Youngblood
08-14-2001, 05:07 PM
Hey.. Wanted to see how many people yall expecting this weekend. We're from Ga was up there this past weekend running the Youngblood Tunnel and interested in coming back this weekend if ya think there might be a good turnout. We're always looking for somebody to play with .. let me know Thanks !!!!!! We have probably 4 boats that will be coming !

WaterBoy
08-14-2001, 07:25 PM
I want be there with a boat. Motor went south this past Sunday. I might go and watch though. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Waterboy

Youngblood
08-15-2001, 09:08 PM
Waterboy.. Sorry to here about ya motor... What happened to it ?? Are yall hearing any good results on the run this weekend from any where else?? Let me know !! Thanks !

Youngblood
08-15-2001, 09:11 PM
Hey Jay..
Noticed you were talking about running top end this weekend. I just wanted to make sure that yall are still planning on it or maybe running in front of the sand bar Let me know ... Thanks !

jay j
08-16-2001, 07:16 AM
will probably have a few that will want to see the big
numbers. most of us will prop for the 1/4. we have one
marked on the straight around the bend. make sure all your
safety gear is working. some the older guys might not want
to run so a few of us generally get it started, and of course they want the slowest of the bunch, me. we'll play
and see

Papallison
08-16-2001, 01:44 PM
twhite, do you know Doug Simmons? He's outside of Dothan..I don't think he's running fast boats anymore, think he's gone to the drag car style....good man, slow talker but a genius with motors...boats or cars...he might be interested in showing up...I'm from around that area, originally, not any more, would love to be there but have a race to get ready for the following weekend at Mt.Vernon....ya'll have fun and stay safe

Youngblood
08-16-2001, 07:43 PM
Sounds good. We'll be there Sunday most likely. We'll have an Allison, couple of STV's, a Youngblood, and bullet. Maybe there will be aa good crowd to show up.
See ya then ........

jay j
08-17-2001, 07:21 AM
papaallison talked to doug thursday. unfortunately his
daughter has been very ill this summer and he has not
raced at all. yes his is out of the boat racing and into
cars, but this ole slowwww talker knows some tricks. he has
helped me with my stv and allison, but more with the ally.
doug says in boat racing there is losers and cheaters. sounds like him don't it?

Papallison
08-17-2001, 11:51 AM
yeah it does...I'm the one that bought his last race boat, the allison that he won the high points championship with. Bought the whole set up....scary fast (no pun intended). My son now has that boat, I got up to date with the new 2001 year model of the 2001....we're racing it and doing ok...sure wish we could get there but don't see how we can swing it.....ya'll have a little extra fun for us....

Youngblood
08-18-2001, 05:16 PM
Just wanted to see if yall had a good crowd to show up today (Saturday).. ??