PDA

View Full Version : Question for Reverend ShorePounder

gaineso
10-29-2002, 11:07 PM
A question for The Right Reverend of the Religion of Revolutions, Reverend ShorePounder.

Isn't, or wasn't, White the Evil Drug used by the Evil Dominion to control the Evil Jem'Hadar as they attempted to destroy Deep Space Nine until they were defeated by the forces of Good led by Black Captain Sisko???????????????

Tom D.
10-30-2002, 12:08 AM
The good reverend must be in a silent retreat some where.:D :eek:

Tom Decypul(spell) of the black GOD!

Talon2.5
10-30-2002, 06:47 AM
he must be at camp david???

Doubledog
10-30-2002, 07:02 AM
:D

Rickracer
10-30-2002, 09:18 AM
...he's creating methane power. :D :D :D

Beans beans, good for....well you know. :eek:

action17
10-30-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Doubledog
:D

no he is compareing notes to his twin in the hot boat magazine:D

Talon2.5
10-30-2002, 10:04 AM
actually if it's like last week he's working 8AM till 11 at night :eek:

action17
10-30-2002, 10:07 AM
that motor will be together soon if he keeps that up!!;)

ShorePounder
10-30-2002, 11:52 AM
Sorry, I was mass producing Johnson's some short shaft and some long. Once I wiped my Evinrude I was able to leave the OMC birthing center (known as the boy's room) and respond to this thread accordingly.

It's been easy being the Rev lately as my disciples have taken the task of spreading the gospel upon themselves and I must say I am proud of my flock. Y'all done real good. The Rev has been spending more time than normal on fundraising (read: working my oversized posterior off) and haven't been able to preach the word. I've been checking up, and it seems that things are running themselves thanks to some wise men and a set of beliefs that make good sense.

To my fellow Tower mate Gaineso, I have to nod my head in agreement and say "uh, sure, yeah, whatever you say" as I don't pay attention to some of those programs. I have a hard time comprehending that there are people uglier than me so I can't bear to watch em when they're on the TV. (Same reason I can't watch John Madden :D) Good work Deacon Gaineso, and keep the faith. What's right is right, not white.

So until next time. May the wind be at your back, and your cowling be black.

The Race Never Stops
Rev. Pounder

Doubledog
10-30-2002, 01:46 PM
;)

action17
10-30-2002, 02:09 PM
BUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Talon2.5
10-31-2002, 01:25 AM
hail merc :cool:

H2Onut
10-31-2002, 08:13 AM
Hail Merc !

175checkmate
10-31-2002, 08:23 AM
I feel the need for speed.
More merc power to ya!!!!!:D

action17
10-31-2002, 08:48 AM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M A SKIN HEAD WHITE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D JUST KIDDING!!!HAHAHAHAH

sho305
10-31-2002, 09:12 AM
Shorepounder: was that you in the video posted by Talon? Kinda sounded like my 1500:) My hull is too overweight to go that fast though...:(

ShorePounder
10-31-2002, 10:28 AM
Yup that's me. Make no mistake. It looks fast, but its just an illusion. It rides nice and high, and shoots a low flat rooster tail, at the blistering speed of MAYBE 58 or 60 mph.

My favorite story is by Vector Pat's buddy Darrell. He was riding in the back of Pat's Vector and I was behind them, we all took off and went across the lake. When we got to where we were going, Darrell said "I was watching you take off, I saw the bottom of your boat come up and thought 'here comes somebody' and you kept coming but you never got there." :D

delawarerick
10-31-2002, 10:38 AM
For that reason it has become madatory that omc owners wear evinrude and johnson hats backwards so merc owners can have something to read. Rick:D

action17
10-31-2002, 10:47 AM
i remember that story that was when you went between me and my buddy!!! here comes pounder!!! huh wait pause he's still coming!!!! sweet ride though!!!

sho305
10-31-2002, 11:10 AM
I bet that's a fun ride though! With my Laser prop I can trim anywhere until I lose water, and can get a rooster just higher than the top of the motor before that. If I run into the weeds at the end of the lake, It shows 55mph, pretty close using a prop calc so 52 maybe. Need to run a bigger lake but need to register it first. It might be tired too at 122psi. Just the same, it is only 100ci with 30 years experience!

I kinda wonder if a rebuild would help some, and what kind of $ I'd be looking at. Get a big setback jack on there and see what happens. It has never been apart. Any opinions? Am I loosing lots of power with 120-122psi? Can't see a huge reason not to run it, unless I want a bigger one. Big motors are not free here.

ShorePounder
10-31-2002, 01:21 PM
I'm in the 120-125psi range with mine so either we're both down on power or we're both fine. I dunno. I'm running a 10" setback jackplate on a transom that has a little bit of set back built into it. The jackplate is up as high as it will go and the motor is mounted so the transom clamps are about another 1 1/2 or so above that. Stock water pickups, and around 10psi trimmed out and WOT. The cav plate is even with the center sponson. I'm spinning a 13 1/2 inch dia. 23"pitch stock quicksilver through hub prop. Nothing fancy, just a fishin boat prop. I've got some gremlins I need to chase out of the motor, it's got everybody scratching their heads. But when it picks up and flies, it's alot of fun.

Oh and uh, Delawarerick, Here again Johnnyrude guy,in an attempt to plea his case, shoots himself in the foot. I've never been in a Merc powered boat that I could keep my hat on in when cruising. So if y'all can still keep a hat on at speed, well I think you can see what I'm getting at here. :D :D

But hey! keep tryin :D

ShorePounder
10-31-2002, 01:27 PM
sho305

I tried to spin a 14" dia 24" pitch Laser II back at the End of Summer Blowout we had here, the ol' Tower didn't like it. I think the motor was lugging a bit. I came down alot in the RPM range and the motor sounded different while cruising. As soon as I changed back to my original prop, everything was fine again. I'd like to try a 14 X 21 or 22 over hub chopper. I'm thinking like a drag prop or one of the inline choppers. I had an offer by BL to try a 26" inline chopper but I thought it was way too much prop for this motor an declined. I want to get the bugs kicked out of it before I start playing with props, and probably by then I'll either have the motor sold, and or have my 2.4 built. Once the 2.4 is ready, I'm not gonna fool with setup on the inline.

Sorry Dog
10-31-2002, 03:18 PM
This sure does look a lot like your boat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871161632&rd=1
Which sure looks a lot like a Viper. My '77 Skeeter looks a whole lot like a Vector. So I guess they meant it when they called it a Glasstream

sho305
10-31-2002, 03:54 PM
They tell me here, that I need to stay round ear due to my heavy bow(930lb Checkmate). So the Laser was the hottest prop I could find at a local dealer who is reasonable, and had lots of props they let me choose from(tried 6). I have a stock new Merc 21 aluminum that runs exact same speed/rpm. Can't trim it though, so thats the extra 4mph or so. Figure this Laser II 20 has more cup/less slip maybe for same rpm? Think it is 13.5" too, and had to put the setback fin on there to fit it.

I still am getting pretty rich looking pistons(dark brown). Had big top end (rpm)problem when I bought it due to a prop with big diffuser making it rich. Thinking of filing off some on the Laser after looking at a I6 115 with no diffuser. Not completely sure about it yet, but that could affect yours too if this is still a bit rich. I have stock jets, I checked. My cav plate is maybe 1 inch above bottom of the straight vee hull. My pressure guage is bad, so I chill when the pee gets funny acting, and that is trimmed above where it goes fastest anyway. It runs around 5700rpm now. No setback or jack, just lifted 2". Could not find a good 22-23 to try yet here, but my lake may not be long enough anyway. Not wanting to show it off elsewhere until after paint job:) I was told these 140-150hp would have lower compression due to more port timing, but others say no??? Seems to run nice now, pulls hard all the time until the gas tank gets empty:D

gaineso
10-31-2002, 07:26 PM
Sorry Dog, I know Skeeter, Magnum and several others used that hull mold. I know Glasstream put a plug in and made a 16' 10". Added length right behind seats.

That one on ebay, I thought a '70 Merc 115 was a 6 not a 4.

Pounder, we've got to meet and run our towers. If you know anyone with a 22" chopper, I'd like to try that too, 'cause this Turbo, a nice prop in 1988, especially for $300, just really doesn't work that well. A better prop that I could get some lift would probably get me way past 60.

ShorePounder
10-31-2002, 11:37 PM
It'd be cool to get together and take em for a ride. I don't know anybody who has a 22 chopper. Dan Agnew had one at the East Lake deal, but I never did hook up with him and try it out. I was busy cookin gator and eating venicen and drinking beer. :D :D

The 115 on ebay even looks like an L6 Maybe it's because you can only see 4 plugs when you take the wrap around off. It's an easy mistake if you don't have a clue as to what you're looking at.

Sorry Dog
11-01-2002, 12:39 AM
That is definately an inline six but 43 mpg is pretty crappy for that boat. 50-55 should be more like it unless the motor is sick. I'm starting a partial redo of mine (it looks like a straight pop off a vector except for the nose). I hope it works out well with the 200 I'm throwing on it. I'll let you know later what god I'll be worshiping with that one.

sho305
11-01-2002, 08:36 AM
I agree Sorry Dog. Looks to be a 6. My old 80hp I4 had a shorter cowl band than that. I thought all older 90hp and up was the 6, before late 1970s anyway. That 90hp, saw one on a GT150 Galsstron(?) for sale here, the first time I seen one in person. That tower, a 90hp???! Right!!

Shorepounder/whomever-
You have any recommendations for a better/alternate prop than the Laser II that will give bow lift and I don't have to have a jack for? (For my 1500.) I'm told I have to keep my gearcase in the water for bow-lift:) Here, the Laser was $150 used, about perfect until I sharpened it up:cool: