PDA

View Full Version : TWIN 300 Verados

34 PRO
10-05-2010, 07:29 AM
I am reinstalling my 300 Verados on my 34 center console. I need the experts here to help me maximize my performance. Toed in Toed out if at all if so how much? I am going to the highest hole as they where on the mid hole before and i felt there was to much porpoising when trimmed any. should the props rotate toward or away from each other. This is a conventional hull boat no steps. I am running 19P mirages turning 5800 before the hole change. WOT on the 300's should be 6400. I am thinking of going with some 17P four blade props.

http://www.screamandfly.com/images/misc/pencil.png

34 PRO
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Wow no one??????????

Liberator*21
10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Don't take it personal, not many Verado folks on the boards.............

rchevelle71
10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Not a lot of 4 stroke guys here, as far as setup, it is a crapshoot, wont know until you try. from the looks of the cabin in the pic, looks like it may be a little bow hevy, and the bottom paint doesnt help performance either.

34 PRO
10-05-2010, 02:00 PM
I know the bottom paint is next to go. I had some luck with Chris Carson and the two strokes I use to have but 2 vs 4 shouldn't affect the setup a whole lot. So if I where putting these back on? How Would you set them up.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ZQeZf53rQk4/TJtctQ5zT7I/AAAAAAAAAk8/UKiNLci43N0/s912/BOAT%20MOTORS%20007.JPG

Toffen
10-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi!

If you need bowlift, try to run the props invard. It will create better bowlift and get the boat more out of the water. If you are running invard, toe in 1/8 inch. Thats the common advise. The tip of the torpedos to be 1/8 closer than the propshafts.

You should try out Rev4 props. Verados likes them very much, and they give good bowlift and great top speed. Not at least cruising speed. Better than the Mirage Plus. Most likely the same top speed, if not better :). Bravo 4bl props and Hydromotive Quad X-O/B are also good options. 3bl Tempest too as they have counter rotation up to 23 pitch. You should consider jackplates of some sort to maximise trim and speed. I am not sure about optimal propshaft height, but I will check out what is common with twins and your speed.

Lots of twin set ups on boats as yours running at the website www.thehulltruth.com.

Good luck!

Cheeers, Toffen

34 PRO
10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Thank you now we are getting some where I'm a member of the hull truth also. I also saw Mr. Demeanor on here he is also on the hull truth all the time. Have you ever seen a 34 that actually measures 41 feet porpoise it is an awful feeling to be bouncing something that big an start blowing props at a trim of 3 no tab. The two stokes where all the way down on the holes you could trim until the hydraulics wouldn't push them anymore and no porpoise with zero tab.
(http://www.screamandfly.com/member.php?11133-Mr.-Demeanor)

Toffen
10-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Hi!

The center of gravity of a Verado 6 cylinder inliner is 2-3 inches more aft than a typical V6 2 stroke. So you have most likely too much setback. This can be adressed by working your props. You should contact Brett Anderson at BBlades. He can advise you what to do with the props. This combined with the correct propheight should do the trick. You will find him at www.bblades.com or at www.offshoreonly.com.

Based on the new info I would turn the props outward and toe out 1/8 inch.

Cheeers, ToffenG

34 PRO
10-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Ive spoken with Prop Gods and there first recommendation was to raise the motors. Does anyone know if they are lifting verados Via a lifting eye or are they using some other method due to the extra weight? A marina has done this for me the last couple times but if I keep making changes their good will is going to run out.

Toffen
10-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi!

Yes, the easiest is to rise the engines and see.

I do not know really about the lifting issue.. Maybe at www.veradoclub.com ?

Cheeers :) ToffenG