PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to wake up to this hanging off the side of your boat

AlaskaStreamin
10-28-2002, 03:50 PM
A buddy woke up hearing something outside his 58' fishing boat. Apparently this young brown bear smelled the fish scent on their salmon net on deck and came out for breakfast. The boat sits too high so there wasn't much concern of unwanted company BUT one of our boats,..........HOLY CRAP!!!! Abandon ship Martha!!!!:eek:

gaineso
10-28-2002, 06:17 PM
Walk on water????

RUN on water!!!! Feets don't fail me now.

Talon2.5
10-29-2002, 05:26 AM
throw a fish as far as you can and when he goes after it boogie on down river

airide18
10-29-2002, 07:43 PM
I know this may sound odd but i was lookin in a magazine and i saw a add for BEAR MASE.What the F@#% do you do with bear mase if one is attacking you?

Doubledog
10-30-2002, 09:08 AM
I hope to never get close enough ta one to have to use it!

My Pops killed a 400+lb Black bear on a hunt in Michigan a few years ago.

After getting the meat, he had it mounted in a huge glass case sittin in the game room. I'm not big on mounts like I used to be, and when you look at this sucker, it brings chills to me. Can't stand to be around it.

airide18
10-30-2002, 06:35 PM
Dido:D

JW
10-30-2002, 06:46 PM
Ruger Super Redhawk / 454 Casull / 9" barrel six gun ;)

BK
10-30-2002, 07:37 PM
This past weekend we were camping in a houseboat on Lake Mohave on the Colorado River in N AZ. Our friends had wanted to sleep in a tent, but decided to sleep in the bow of their 23' Eliminator -- since it looked like it might rain.

The cove we chose was 12 miles upstream from Katherine Landing and Laughlin Nevada, very remote - and we could see burro hoof prints all along the shore.

I told my little boys that "if we were lucky" we'd see some wildlife - donkeys, big horn sheep or hear some coyotes during the night. After everyone was asleep, the rain started coming down and thunder rumbled the skies. As soon as it quit, I cracked the front door a little to let some air in. Shortly after that is when I heard three growls........ to me it sounded a lot like a cat.
My first thought was "Mountain Lion!!" because it was such a deep throaty sound....... but then I said "No way...must be a bobcat". I didn't hear it again, and went back to sleep.

Shortly after our friends left to go home that afternoon --- we hiked around the hills...less than 100 yards away from our camp, I spotted numerous fresh burro tracks and some coyote tracks -- the storm made the area extra muddy, so these tracks were vivid and plain as day. That's when I saw a trail of 5" WIDE CAT PAW PRINTS......with 1 inch long claws!
IT WAS A MOUNTAIN LION! And he had walked right up to within 100 feet of our boat!

My 8 year old son saw those tracks and was immediately overcome with the creeps. Earlier that morning, he had been hiding in the bushes and rocks just above our camp - making sounds trying to scare me -- but now that he saw the SIZE of the paws on this creature and how close he was to us, my son got very scared - and ended his explorations for the rest of the day!

I haven't told our friends yet about the big paw prints near them (I took some pics and will post them when the film is developed) but I'm sure glad they chose to sleep in the boat, and not on the beach!