PDA

View Full Version : Everlast Welders

sschefer
07-27-2010, 10:29 PM
These things are popping up all over the place. They are made in China and imported from the U.K. The prices are good but not too good to believe. I've got to get a bigger rig 225/250 for building a 22' Aluminum boat this winter and I've been looking at them.

Has anybody bought one or do you know of anyone who has and what the performance is like. TIG welding is an art and I'm no artist but I can get the jobs I'm doing now done with my Miller. I don't want to go and buy something that's gonna make my job more difficult than it already is.

Thanks for any input you might be able to provide.

opsdave
07-30-2010, 05:52 AM
Check out weldingweb.com and pirate4x4.com. Both sites should have some pretty good info on them. They seem like a good garage machine. When I'm ready to buy I'll be taking a close look at them as well as the Longevity welders.

iowaxtream
07-30-2010, 06:55 AM
I bought an everlast 250a this spring and love it. I've been welding all aluminum and most of it was cast and it does a great job. The only problem I've had was when it arrived the front and back plastic covers were cracked but they replaced them for free without question. On the one I have the adjustablility is amazing, a lot more then you will be able to find in a miller of this price range. I'd say if you looking for a great hobby machine buy one.

hst714
07-31-2010, 06:17 PM
ive been looking into them too, i think im going to get one. i may go with the 250a as well for the price if it holds up its a really good deal.