PDA

View Full Version : Better than gettin' blown

Raceman
10-21-2002, 03:10 PM
Yep, injectors are nice. Here's an oldie, circa mid 70's for the factory guys, later for the privateers. It's mounted on a later front case half. I believe the braided line is incorrect also.

mardyn
10-22-2002, 08:58 AM
R/M Is that an old Bendix Injection system from an aircraft application converted for marine use?

Where do you come up with this stuff?

David @ Marine Dynamics

Rusrog
10-22-2002, 10:21 AM
ODBA Pro Fuel fame, used to run a Vector with a methanol injected 2.?? and the injection system he used was very similar to the unit you have pictured. He had great success back in the late 80's with that set-up. Are you gonna try to run that set-up? How much horsepower can the unit support?

Just curious,

Russ Rogers
Ft Worth TX.

Raceman
10-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Merc ran these on the early V6 race motors in the mid 70's. I've even got a picture of a V6 OMC in ST Louis with one, probably from about 77 or 78. I tried unsuccessfully to get one for my T3 back then and Merc finally sold me a 6 one barrel Tillotsen set up instead. Only the factory boats had em when I first saw em. My partner bought this unit, I think from Benny Roberson about 10 years ago and ran it on a 2.4 briefly before changing to EFI.

Russ, I don't know how much power it would support. I'll probably never run it. I do intend to build a complete T3 with it in addition to a carbed one like my old one was.

David, it is a Bendix unit. When I was trying to get one way back then, I called about 10 different people at Bendix. Finally I got to a guy who said, "if I were to acknowledge that such a unit exists, and I'm NOT acknowledging that, I'd have to immediately tell you that the units would be the exclusive property of Mercury and there's no way we could or would sell you one. It wasn't long after that when I saw the units on V6 OMC's. "Where do I come up with this stuff?" It's kinda like 650XS's.......just gotta keep lookin'.

A certain OMC historian told me that it never happened, but here's the picture.