PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 EFI problems

Brian
04-22-2001, 07:56 PM
I have a 90 2.4 EFI BP that will not run right. Out of the hole it falls on its face, (blubbers). Once on plane it seems to run fine until around 5800 then it loses it's punch. It doesn't sound like it's dropping a cylinder, just loses power. When it's cool out and I put my foot down it comes to life and it will run 7500. As soon as it warms up I can only get 65 to 6700. It has an anolog ECU which I swapped with another last year along with the switchboxes and a new stator, one at a time, with the same results. I used a Merc ECU tester and everything checks out fine. I did find a bad ground last year that was making it drop one so I replaced them all because of corrosion on the wire ends. What is the adjusment screw on the side of the ECU for? Do you need a special tester for this? I haven't tested the coils under a load, could one (or more) be breaking down when it gets warm out? The problem is still apparent when it's cool out just not as pronounced.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, BH

skydog
04-22-2001, 09:25 PM
I have a 89 2.4 B.P. With about two hours on it have not realy got on it to hard BUT, I am spinning a 25in Lazer prop just for break in. Should it just jump to 7500rpm++ with this prop or you need to trim and jack ? will it just keep climing up??? THANKYOU SKYDOG

Techno
04-23-2001, 06:14 PM
Some one had a power problem once, it turned out to be the wires to his fuel pump were corroded and this caused the problem. Also your not getting a fuel line "check valve" from a bad hose are you?