PDA

View Full Version : Deer commits suicide

CompKing
10-15-2002, 10:58 PM
Aparently the deer tring to avoid getting hit by a car on the bridge in the backround jumps over the rail off the bridge and onto the Durango passing under the bridge.:eek: Like that wouldn't make ya fill your drawer!

Barefoot Bob
10-15-2002, 11:04 PM
Holly crap, where did that happen and was anyone hurt?
A few years back a buck went through the windshield of a car here and the driver was killed.

Tom D.
10-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Reminds me of that famous 911 call.....I was goin down th road minding my own god dam bussiness......

WOW!!

CompKing
10-15-2002, 11:10 PM
I thought of that 911 call when I saw it to.
Was just the driver and I guess he was OK.:)

175checkmate
10-16-2002, 04:08 AM
I'll bet the insurance company will have fun with that one.

Scott
10-16-2002, 05:24 AM
Crash test I bet Dodge did'nt try! It's amazing how the impact pulled the roof away from the "A" pillars (door posts at front).
Glad no one was hurt! Amazing!

pyro
10-16-2002, 06:50 AM
That's terrible.

I like the deer **** on the roof, the broken antler on the floor is a nice touch, too.

a hit a deer one time, and it **** all over the car on impact, too.

Sorry Dog
10-16-2002, 02:23 PM
I woulda at least gotten the backstraps out.

BK
10-16-2002, 04:35 PM
When we first moved to Abilene about 4 years ago, there was a report of a man missing. His vehicle was also unaccounted for. He had left his home at 6am and was to drive 15 miles to his place of employment...but never showed up.

Nearly a month went by, and still no sign of him.

Some time later, a rancher went out to mend a broken section of his fence in a sloped wooded area, several yards from a road.

As he examined the 20 foot section of fence that had been torn out, he saw tire tracks leading down a sloped, brushy area......

Several yards down the slope he found a pickup-truck with the front windshield smashed out. Across the seat lay a full-grown dead white-tailed deer.

No sign of the driver anywhere.

So he called police, who arrived at the scene.

They located a man about 100 feet away, deceased. It appeared that, while seriously injured, he had crawled away from the wreckage, but died while trying to climb back up to the road.

Skid marks on the road show where he probably tried to avoid hitting the deer while on his way to work that morning. When the truck hit the deer, it must have flown directly into his windshield, hitting him and causing him to lose control of the truck where he then crashed deep into the woods -- completely hidden from view!

Scary stuff!

airide18
10-16-2002, 04:44 PM
I wonder what the driver was thinking right before the deer hit the window?That must have been some freaky s@#t!!!!

DOC
10-16-2002, 07:59 PM
Probably puked his guts upon impact.

woodco
10-16-2002, 08:04 PM
Dat definately look like guts !!!!!!!!!

I can't believe the damage to that Durango !!!!!

BK
10-16-2002, 08:07 PM
Looks like the deer hit the roof first, then bounced thru the window. Can you imagine --- driving along and suddenly ****POW**** and the roof above your head caves in????? :eek:

GOOD LAWRD!!!!!! :EEK: :confused: :eek:

PhastBoat
10-16-2002, 09:36 PM
:eek:

BK
10-16-2002, 09:51 PM
ewwwwww.

So....I'm guessing they prolly couldn't save him....?

<g>

PhastBoat
10-16-2002, 09:54 PM
Click here
http://www.snopes.com/photos/durango.htm

B.Mac
10-17-2002, 06:29 PM
That guy better get down outta the truck and thank God that deer zigged instead of zagged:eek:

Back when I was in college I sat in the woods for three stinkin' days in freezing rain in upstate N.Y. with my redneck buddies huntin'. I wasn't really into hunting and really didn't wanna kill anything anyway 'cause I was there more for the beer than for the deer. Well I figured if any deer was stupid enough to trip over me and my pile of stinkin' beer cans.....well he deserved to be shot anyway right?
Well I sat there for three days and saw nothing but a bunch of guys from Brooklyn runnin' back and forth tryin' ta outrun them or pistol whip one 'er somethin'.
After three days of freezing my toes and fingers off four miles into the Catskill woods, I had to go home to get ready for school Monday night.
Well, Monday night came and it was gettin' dark and I was on my way to class in my '76 Chevy Chevette that I shifted by stickin' my finger in floor board and manipulatin' the transmission (I was so broke then I lived on beer and macaroni and cheese with no cheese) and all the sudden an eight point buck jumped onto the road three hundred feet in front of me running full speed right at me:eek: in my lane!! I swerved left it jumped right, I swerved back to the right and the dadgum thing jumped left I swear it was a freakin' kamakazi deer. I could not avoid this thing no matter what I did!
I was goin' about forty but couldn't touch the brakes 'cause it was icey and BLLAAAAMMMMM!!!!!! It hit me head on!!!Up over the Chevette it went!!! I stopped and went back to look at it and it was sure enough dead as a doornail.......barely scratched my car!!! So I start freakin' (I got no license at the time from DUI's)
But I knew them Brooklyn guys would pay a fortune for any kinda dead deer to drape over thier car 'ta drive back to the city with never mind a buck!!! So I figure I'm in the money now, right? Well, I had no idea how much a dead deer weighed until I tried to stuff that thing into the hatchback by myself the whole time waitin' for the cops to come around the corner and bust me for no license AND possession of a dead deer!!:eek:
It took me thirty minutes to get this lunker wedged into the back of my Chevette and rollin' again. I'm all ready freakin' paranoid I'm gonna get arrested with no license and a dead deer so I'm nervously driving to my redneck buddies house when all of a sudden all hell broke loose in the back of my car!!! I had my freakin' finger stuck up in the transmission tryin' ta get it out when glass started smashin' and my seat got whacked HARD about twenty times in five seconds:confused: I stopped the car and got out and watched this deer trash my poor car and himself to smithereens:( I couldn't have helped the poor deer if I wanted to it woulda kicked me to death!! Besides that was a months worth of beer money back there!!! Well it killed itself (again) stuck in the back of my Chevette. Now by this time I lost two rear windows and had no way to tell if this stupid deer was dead yet plus I just knew I was goin' to jail so I left the car there and walked three miles and called my redneck buddies fer help. Well they got there and looked at me like I just got off a flyin' saucer and got it out into a pick up and sold for $350 bucks to a Brooklyn guy the next day who dragged it outta the truck and shot it layin there dead. .........I never went hunting again. True story!
B.MAC:D

CompKing
10-17-2002, 06:45 PM
Hey B Mac
Ya need to come hunting with me!:D :D :D

woodco
10-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Here's a NY 'er ......... :cool:

woodco
10-17-2002, 07:40 PM
That is the best Deer story I have ever heard !!!!!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO :D

That is so funny .......... Poor car though !!!! :(

I'll never forget that one ... ;)

CompKing
10-17-2002, 07:48 PM
Woodco
Wouldn't want that one jumping off a bridge into my windsheild!!:eek: :cool: :cool:

woodco
10-17-2002, 08:04 PM
That would definately do some damage !!!!!!

I'm gonna start keepin an eye out cause we have had an invasion
of Elk up here !!!!

Might be able to post some pics of what a .....

" Bridge Jumpin Elk " would do to a vehicle :eek:

airide18
10-17-2002, 08:37 PM
That story kind of sounds like the Tommy Boy movie,they hit a deer and felt bad about it so they put in the guys collector mustang and it tore it to smitherens.

Charlie M
10-17-2002, 10:14 PM
couldn't post the picture but look at the second picture on the first page

http://home.pacbell.net/rds33/best_photos/index.html#top

Tom D.
10-17-2002, 10:21 PM
Sorry Airide18 that was a 67' GTX convertible. The first year for the GTX also. There are probibly very few around today.

CompKing
10-17-2002, 10:29 PM
This one Charlie M

woodco
10-18-2002, 05:52 PM
I always liked that advertisement .........

PKRBKR1
10-19-2002, 05:56 PM
Looks like one of our Wisconsin deer with Chronic Wasting Decease. They are really loony:rolleyes:

SGT LAKER
10-22-2002, 09:27 PM
are stupid. a guy had to grow up with hit a deer once. The deer ran in to the side of the thuck nothing he could do. Did about $2000 in damage.:confused:

Barefoot Bob
10-22-2002, 10:13 PM
Thats what happened to my new Chev Silverado. It was about 1:00 in the morning, driving with my lights on high, and this big buck comes running WFO right out of the corn field. Just like something was chasing it. I swerved to get the hell out of its way but it drove its horn right into the third door on the passengers side and must have spun its ass end around and caved in the whole box of the truck. I ended up stoped on the left shoulder and the deer took off.....$2600.00 damage..had to replace the whole left side box:mad: And I didnt get any meat out of the deal. But I am sure he had one hell of a headache

CompKing
10-22-2002, 10:28 PM
Bob,
Happened to me too,saw the deer running in the feild along side us then turned 90° caving in the whole side of the box and took off.Dumb deer!!
I boat up north but ride the bike down to New Ulm all the time I live in Chaska.Never tried that barefooten thing maybe next year:cool:

PhastBoat
10-22-2002, 10:29 PM
Did you ever here the story about a guy who called his local town government about having the deer crossing signs removed from a certain busy road in town, After several deer were struck by cars in that spot.

:D :D :confused:

Barefoot Bob
10-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Next year it is, I have a boom for the boat for barefoot. It a good wat to learn. BUT, the new thing I am into is the Air Chair. Man, is it a blast flying above the water. Its like jumping motto cross without the bad crash. I dont have the boat put away yet and plan to go out with the Air Chair with snow on the groung for pictures. What did you think of all the boats burning in that fire in Hastings. That would really suck:(

Charlie M
10-22-2002, 10:51 PM
I need a deer crossing sighn in my driveway. I have deer grazing in my front yard just about every night. They scrape the hell out of the trees in the front yard every winter. I thought about using the spare bedroom as a tree stand and hold the ole .270 out of the window, but don't think the old lady would think much of that (still think whe needs a second job, spends way toooo much time at home)

CompKing
10-22-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Barefoot Bob
Next year it is, I have a boom for the boat for barefoot. It a good wat to learn. BUT, the new thing I am into is the Air Chair. Man, is it a blast flying above the water. Its like jumping motto cross without the bad crash. I dont have the boat put away yet and plan to go out with the Air Chair with snow on the groung for pictures. What did you think of all the boats burning in that fire in Hastings. That would really suck:(

Always wanted to try a air chair:cool: :cool:

That would suck having your boat shrinkwraped and causing 100's of thousands of dollars damage:( :( :mad: :mad:

Maybe I need to bring my drysuit back from the lake:D :D :D

Barefoot Bob
10-22-2002, 11:08 PM
You really should,Here is a pic of my first time out on the Air Chair this spring. There was Ice and snow out then yet.:D

CompKing
10-22-2002, 11:16 PM
:cool: I'll bring back my suit and let ya know!!!!!:cool: :D

Barefoot Bob
10-22-2002, 11:21 PM
We are bound to get some warmer weather also. If not, who cares, I was out both days on the weekend dialing in some props.

Here is my number 1-507-359-1197 just give me a call:)

SGT LAKER
10-23-2002, 08:27 AM
here's Laker last year. man those thinks are fun

Sorry Dog
10-23-2002, 10:23 AM
I have deer grazing in my front yard just about every night.

I would suggest you dig pits for them to fall into. Very little noise to get the neighboors upset.

Barefoot Bob
10-23-2002, 11:40 AM
I see you are on an older model. I have never rode that model but would like to see the difference. We are running the new Stelth in the Pro position, with the wedge at full bore. Learned the back gainer already. Its a blast:D

SGT LAKER
10-23-2002, 07:04 PM
never road the new one but I under stand that they are alot easyer than the old type. you really have to work at the balance with the old style but its a alot of fun

Barefoot Bob
10-23-2002, 07:19 PM
I figure they must have been harder. I heard from alot of people how hard they are to ride and I have had alot of people up on mine that have never skiied before.
I see you are in the 101st, that is cool. My dad was a Screeming Eagle in 1958. He said it was a wild time.
Ever think of bumping the speed up a bit to get some big air on the chair and then through the safety chute...LOL:D

Laker
10-23-2002, 09:24 PM
OOH MAN
Wait until next year!! I will Take that thing to the rumble and do a Ski show for everyone! Get the Amigos to do some Maneuvers like the Blue Angles !! Crossing patterns, Close fly bys!! HOLD ON!!!
Rumble III

Barefoot Bob
10-23-2002, 10:00 PM
Hell, I might just have to join you. We pull two at a time behind the boat now...Welcome to the team...LOL

woodco
10-24-2002, 08:14 PM
I started barefootin with a Hydroslide .... Then we ended up
gettin a boom on the Nautique .What a difference it made !!!

Hey Bob ??? Ya ever try " Deepwater " starts ?????

The Boom helped alot with our 360 training ;)

CompKing
10-24-2002, 08:37 PM
I don't barefoot ,might try and learn if Bob can teach me next year:eek: I put a 17" prop on for skiing and gets up very hard and had a guy watching ask if I would pull him.I said sure what ski do ya want he said don't need one:confused: I told him I never pulled a barefooter what should I do?Told me to drag him and when his head goes under nail it.He crossed his legs over the rope and laid back so I hit it and when I looked back he was crossing the wake back and forth on one foot:cool: I was impressed!!:cool: :D

Barefoot Bob
10-24-2002, 08:38 PM
I started back in 1981 dropping a ski behind a V drive at 65 MPH. I guess I was like everyone else, and figured you had to be going real fast. I acually went for about 10 feet before face planting. And after the 4th time I just couldnt take anymore.The next day my dad took out behind his 69 Glastron with a 100 HP motor that did about 45 without a skiier. I ended up stepping out of the ski and skimming across the water on my bare feet for about a block before I caught a toe and went down. It just got easier from there. I started to teach people the same way you started(on a knee board) It made it alot easier. In 88 I purchased a boom and the tricks and traning got a whole lot easier. I started competing from there and skied with the Minnesote Barefooters Ass.
When you talk 360's are you talking surface turns?? I can do a back deep and spin fronwards but have never mastered the front to back surface turn. I guess at 42 years old my neck isnt what it used to be....LOL;) :D

woodco
10-26-2002, 02:11 PM
Seems like we have alot in common !!! Except for the highspeed
faceplant :eek: Ouch !!!! I know what they feel like at 36 mph I
can only imagine one at that speed !!!!!

I tried the drop ski thing but just never mastered it .

Whats yur prefered speed for wake crossing and some minor
tricks ?????

I've been lookin at some of the newer Nautiques and they
are alot more boat than what we had in the early 80's .

Barefoot Bob
10-26-2002, 02:56 PM
Accually in compatition, the faster the better for wake crossings. The wake gets narrower and you dont have to cross as far. I ran 42 forward, one foot crossings and 40 backwards. They run 225 Mercs and Yamaha's in compatition, and you see some of the guys tell them to bend the handle and leave it there(about46MPH)

When you were refering to the 360 where you refering to tumble turns on your back. They are my favorite trick and a real crowd pleaser.
Have you ever done a backward long line start. it took me 3 years to get that down where I can do it every time.

woodco
10-26-2002, 03:32 PM
I love the 360 on the back !!!!!!! Took a while to get it down but
Man !!!! it's so much fun !!!!

As for the backwards start ...... tried it but figured it just wasn't me ......

I spoke with my main ski buddy about a month ago ( 1 st time in
almost 10 yrs ) and he stuck with the skiing and made some cool shows !!!! He also mentioned they put out a video too.

Think he mentioned a website that was really cool but i'm
having a memory block right now :rolleyes:

Barefoot Bob
10-26-2002, 03:49 PM
I am going to start a new thead where we can talk about skiing, not sure if its cool to be talking about Barefooting under the heading deer commits suicide....LOL Look for the posting Barefooting Waterskiing:D