PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Tech Fuel delivery for 1999 3.0 250 EFI

activator22
05-22-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm changing from a 2.4 Bridgeport to the subject engine, and have a couple questions. The 2.4 went from the tank to a fuel/water separator to a Holley red pump.

I was planning on removing the Holley pump, do I need a primer bulb in the fuel line, or will the high pressure pump on the engine pull from the tank on startup ?

Do I leave the fuel/water separator that was before the Holley pump in place, in addition to the fuel/water separator mounted on the engine ? (Can only get 10%ethanol blend where I am)

Thanks

vnemous
05-22-2010, 06:17 PM
I am running an in boat water seperator and the filter on the engine with no problems.. Some will say lose the filter in the boat cause all you need is the one on the motor. I used a line with a primer bulb but only have to pump it if I change filters.

THE HOGG
05-23-2010, 04:07 PM
My 3 litre goes to a holley red pump then the fuel water seperator and then to the vst. I gained topend and it ran much better when I got rid of the stock low pressure fuel pump and replaced it with the holley. If you already have it I wouldnt get rid of it.

blackvector
06-01-2010, 08:45 PM
You still use a primer bulb, you can use the double fuel filters only draw back is that if you get both clogged for what ever reason you dont wanna run into a lean condition. But the motor has a normal fuel pump on the side of the motor like a carbed motor that is run off of crank pressure which feeds your vst tank then the high pressure pump on the vst steps the pressure up for the fuel rail.