PDA

View Full Version : Trailer tire preasure?

Tom D.
10-12-2002, 10:32 PM
What preasure do you run on your trailer tires? If your rig weights say about 2000lbs. & a single axle? My tires seem alittle on the warm side. Am I running to much or not enough ? I think there about 30lbs. now. Thanks!!

Tom

CompKing
10-12-2002, 10:46 PM
The lower the PSI the hotter they will get.What load rating are they and what dose the tire say for max psi?I run 32psi and my rig is alittle lighter than yours.

Rickracer
10-12-2002, 10:49 PM
The maximun pressure should be listed on the tire itself. It should also have the maximum load capacity. If you are near the max, you should run the max air pressure. If you are over the max weight capacity, you'll need better tires. You will nearly always get better gas mileage and tire mileage out of them if you run them at the max pressure listed on the tire. They should be at least 35 psi. :cool:

gaineso
10-12-2002, 11:37 PM
Check them cold, and whatever it says for max, tun that.

Remember, that's COLD pressure, before you go more than a quarter mile and without the sun hittin' them.

They'll be a little over max at running temperature, but they are designed that way.

Travis Fulton
12-22-2002, 08:20 PM
i always run the recomended psi and usually dont have any probs, but if yours are a bit warm you probally should air em up a bit try 5-6 psi , :D good luck

Techno
12-22-2002, 09:22 PM
I'm pretty sure trailer tires are a lot higher pressure than 35 psi. I'm not saying to go over what the tire says but they should be pretty high.
Any one sure on this one? mine is under plastic and its white stuffing out.

captcarb
12-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Most, and maybe all of my trailers are rated at 50 pounds, and that is where I run them. They will run cooler and be easier to move around by hand. I run my car tires at the maximum too. It's important in FL to keep them cool at high speeds. If they get too hot, they will go out of round.

Jim

C-C
02-25-2003, 09:23 AM
FOR MOST BOAT TRAILERS,, RANGER, SKEETER, GLASTRON, BAJA,, BULLET,, ALLISON,, MIRAGE,, TRIAD,,, RUN 50 LBS,,, RANGER EVEN RECOMENDS 50 LBS..... CHECK YOUR TIRES FOR MAX AIR PRESSURE AND TRY AND KEEP THEM THERE,, ONLY CHECK TIRES WHEN THEY ARE COLD.... SAME FOR CARS OR TRUCKS,,, RUN MAX AIR PRESSURE ON TIRE UNLESS YOUR IN SNOW OR ICE OR MABYE MUD THEN YOU COULD RUN LOWER PRESSURES.