PDA

View Full Version : no stream through tell tail

jdd6
04-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi i have a magnum missile with a 1989 black max oil injection. the storie is i just pulled the 89 block off another mid and put it on a land and sea exuast plate 20 inch shaft and a land and sea lwp. i replaced the water pump the thermostats and i have not much water coming out of the tell tail. i have been reading these post for days trying to find anything and found that the land and sea exuast plate lets more water out of the exuast then the stock one it is a "1 piece plate". now i could be completly wrong and i would appreciate any input thank you

Charger200
04-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Welcome aboard:thumbsup:

First off get rid of the oil injection. It cost me a block and many other owners have had the same problem. There is a simple kit to do this just run a search:iagree: Monitor your water pressure, if you dont have a gauge get one. Even with a LWP you can still run it dry Your T-Stats might be tooo small if your in the northern states it wont hurt you any this time of year with the cold water, but once summer is here and its 100+ and soupy water your goin to wana make em bigger to keep it a lil cooler.

:cheers:Jay

P.S. 5100rpm is the number stuck in my head that the oil injection stops working properly. Mine lasted 298hrs :nonod: