PDA

View Full Version : how can i bring my carpet back to life

greg88
04-05-2010, 08:09 PM
my carpet is clean and has no stains but it just doesn't seem to have any body like the entrance to a locker room to much foot traffic anyone have any ideas one guy told me to wire brush it i am a little hesitant on that

illMATTic
04-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Mine is hit too. I don't think there is a fix for it. MOST carpet gets trampled within 3 years.

karman 2
04-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Pyro had a good idea. I tried yesterday, and it helped. Compressed air! It cleans and fluffed it up

Liberator*21
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM
my carpet is clean and has no stains but it just doesn't seem to have any body like the entrance to a locker room to much foot traffic anyone have any ideas one guy told me to wire brush it i am a little hesitant on that

The wire brush method works great as long as your carpert is not that thick. I used a sheading brush that you use on you dog to get the excess hair out. It worked great on my bass boat carpet, but thicker pile would not work as well.

DundeeMike
04-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Believe it or not, I have used a hair brush, that worked quite well. A wire brush is a little to rigid for me....Mike

racerx
04-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Lots of compressed air,with a good nozzle,the best..

phil blomquist
06-14-2010, 10:13 AM
a good old fashion steam cleaning will do the best but after 3 years probably need to replace keeps carpet stores going we dont have bailout plan

BigJohnson
06-14-2010, 10:34 AM
a good old fashion steam cleaning will do the best but after 3 years probably need to replace keeps carpet stores going we dont have bailout plan

This is it! A good truckmount steam cleaning. A wire brush will split the fibers and it will flatten out even easier.

ankitadas
07-20-2010, 04:39 AM
I think brushing would damage the carpet. you can do vacuuming. I would suggest you to consult with a expert.

Carpet Cleaning Preston (http://www.allkarecarpetcleaning.co.uk/preston.html)

MTHydrostreamGirl
07-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks Phil ... good suggestion!

yachter55
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
air works for me but wear safty glasses with sides.That chit hurts.

MTOLLEY
09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
my neighbor owns a carpet cleaning business, told me to use downy fabric softner. spray it on liberally with a garden sprayer, let it soak awhile, brush with a stiff dog brush, and wash it out. tried it and did great!

sarmst100
10-19-2010, 01:34 PM
50/50 vinegar and water will soften it up. I wipe my gelcoat down with this solution each time I take it out of the water and periodically spray down the carpet.

blacktruck
01-21-2013, 05:34 PM
I would use a brush but not wire brush, seems overkill. A nylon brush of some sort, they are available from many car care products companies along with a carpet cleaner. I used Adam's carpet and upholstery cleaner on my car with their brush and it worked well. Will try it on the boat in the spring. A generic brush with strong bristles would work and some people even dilute vinegar as a cleaner.

captadhos
08-19-2013, 03:36 PM
I have used a pressure washer, just stay back and keep it fairly low as not to tear the carpet. I does revive it with some good carpet cleaner.

Deanmivin
04-17-2019, 08:44 AM
I have used a pressure washer, just stay back and keep it fairly low as not to tear the carpet. I does revive it with some good carpet cleaner.

chemicals will not damage the look of the carpet? I know carpet cleaning (http://www.miami-carpet-cleaning.com/carpet-cleaning/) companies use non-chemical products, but what exactly?

JPEROG
04-17-2019, 09:44 AM
The best fix that I have found is to rip it out carefully, remove the glue and crap below, then install sea dek. Done one time and fixed for years of use ahead.

Joe