PDA

View Full Version : Chris Craft style boat Bits and Hardware

Karsten
03-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Where can one find deck Fittings, Bits, Various Hardware and accessories for the older vintage Chris Craft Style Boats.

Dumas doesn't list any but they have to be available somewhere.

Thanks

Karsten

cutwater
03-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Which model boat?

Dumas does list some hardware kits for the 24' triple cockpit, the barrelback (2 versions) a utility, and the Cobra. You can find them on the Dumas site under Accessories, Fittings.

Also, sometimes you see NOS deck hardware on eBay...

Karsten
03-31-2010, 08:49 PM
The boat is a Black and White 28 inch double cockpit and nothing like I have seen available currently. The seat are actually Leather and the bits and what not on the deck are rather crude and I am gonna venture a guess to the early 60's.

After removing all the bits and hardware came the foil tape someone had used for trim using straight pins.

Found a double door hatch and the wood work inside the boat is heavy duty.

Ordered the Hardware for the CC 3X cockpit after you pointed me to where to find it and it should cover the old holes.

Thanks for the point in the right place to find the stuff.

Karsten

cutwater
04-01-2010, 07:19 AM
You're welcome, good luck with it - post a pic when you get it done!

fichrman2
04-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Post some pics up, wanna see it !!!! :cheers:

Karsten
04-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Well the new parts are on the way as well as SS Rub Rails and trim for the motor compartment. Someone used Maylar Tape and straight pins instead of the metal rails and little nails.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7976/mvc010f.jpg

Karsten

cutwater
04-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Very Nice! Looks like a 19' Racing Runabout, I've restored two of those.

Karsten
04-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Cutwater,

I saw you restore boats and you also have listed a 1936 Gar Wood Speedster in your list.

I ran across a CD with plans to build a 1/1 scale Gar Wood Speedster and wonder what the odds are a novice with some skills could actually pull off building one?

Any idea what it would cost?

Funny, I built models of things all my life and now it is 1/1 scale Harleys, maybe a Gar Wood Speedster and hopefully I run out of money before I want a tank or APC.

Karsten