PDA

View Full Version : this just in

bulldogdaddy
10-07-2002, 01:23 PM
now after all the shootings in the dc md. and va areas a 13 yr old boy was shot in bowie,i hope they get these pple soon,now there going after kids,still don't know if it's the same ppl. though
:mad:

Kathleen Michelle
10-07-2002, 01:47 PM
They said possibly by 4 pm we will know something more.... It is very said what happened again here today especially with a child.

Gordie Miller
10-07-2002, 02:22 PM
They said the shooter may be using an assault rifle, how can this be? Didn't we ban assault rifles with a whole bunch of fanfare a few years ago? I thought that new law was supposed to take care of this type of thing. Must be time for more new laws.

NPW
10-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Do you think the bad guys turned in all their guns just because of a law?Only thing a gun ban does is take the gun away from lawful people..:mad:

Rickracer
10-07-2002, 03:35 PM
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Anybody heard of the town that makes it mandatory to have at least one firearm in each house? Crime Rate there???? Nil, none, zip, zilch, nada, goose eggs. Whose gonna try to rob someplace when it's likely that there may be at least one armed hero in almost any crowd? :cool:

bulldogdaddy
10-07-2002, 03:51 PM
my thoughts exactly,when you take away guns from the honest citizen,it opens the floodgates for the criminals.i know it only takes about 15 mins.if you have the right money downtown to buy a handgun.btw what state will let u carry a conceld weapon,makes the robber think,"does this guy have a gun"know what i mean!

bulldogdaddy
10-07-2002, 04:03 PM
it's the same bullit that all the other victems have had

CDave
10-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by bulldogdaddy
btw what state will let u carry a conceld weapon,makes the robber think,"does this guy have a gun"know what i mean!

Quite a few, I think over 17 of them. Here in Louisiana your car is an extension of your home so you can carry without any special permit.

Do you hear about big shootouts on the streets in Louisiana, excluding N.O.? No, because like everywhere law abiding people will abide by the law.

BTW, Gordie, an assault weapon is a weapon used in an assault. Be it an stick,knife,bat...
Please don't buy all the crap feed to us in the mass media. What was done was limit/exclude the import of some firearms and reducing the capacity of clips of "EVIL" looking weapons. Ask a terrorist if he would rather use an "assault" rifle or a homemade bomb to kill. I'm sure you know the answer. You can still legally own a fully automatic weapon if you can qualify for a class 4 dealers license.

The point I'm trying to make is if some sick individual want's to kill they will find a way, laws or not. Don't give up your freedoms for lame duck laws that take them away.

I stoped myself from being carjacked a few years back by being armed. Funny how those Gangsta's changed there mind when they saw they would have to get in a gun fight to get my car. BTW this happened in a small country town, not the city.

Rickracer
10-07-2002, 05:30 PM
"Don't bring a knife to a gunfight." :D

outrace
10-10-2002, 01:00 AM
Bulldogdaddy, We had news of your sons shooting here in Australia and believe me that we are just as outraged as you all are over there at this sensless and cowardly bastards actions, I hope that you son comes through this with as little amount of ongoing suffering as possible. I thank GOD that I live in a country which doesnt see that much of this kind of thing. Please give my best to your son and dont give up on humanity cause there are still more good guys out here. Des
P.S. As far as the debate over removing guns from the streets then think of this, that if one childs life is saved because a gun wasnt available to his/her wauld be attacker then wauldnt it be worth losing a car to a carjacker. possesions can be replaced our children cannot. I know you cant stop everyone, just stop one.

insptech
10-10-2002, 08:04 AM
outrace, it is unfortunate that some Aussies haven't realized what huge harm you have done with your gun bans. In the U.S. there are thousands of gun deaths per year...But there are more than one million people that avert crimes and/or death with the use of a legal firearm. In every state that has restricted gun ownership the crime rate has gone UP! Conversely in every state that has loosened restrictions the crime rate has gone DOWN. The number of accidental deaths of REAL children in the U.S. is miniscule(under 200). Most of the huge numbers the gun grabbers publish include "children" up to the age of 22:eek: This inflates the numbers with gang members and drug dealers and has nothing to do with "accidents". My 8 and 12 year old know about guns and what to do and not to do-education-not bans-is the key.

P.S. when I said the use of a firearm-in most cases it just takes having one visible-not shooting someone. That's what law-abiding people do.

bulldogdaddy
10-10-2002, 03:30 PM
i hope you didn't read the text wrong,it wasn't my son,but a 13 yr old boy that didn't live too far from me,even though i didn't know him i think of when i was 13,and i sure wouldn't want my life cut short by this man.and as far as guns,all the criminals get them here,and if i was sleeping and someone got into my house they would,nt have to worry about taxes to pay for the guys trial,but that america,and thats how i feel.my.02 worth:D

Kathleen Michelle
10-10-2002, 08:36 PM
Is on a roll.... He shot someone in VA. last night at a gas station. He seems to rest on the weekends... Wonder where he will end up Monday. He has the police on a wild goose chase... Have a feeling that if and when they do get anywhere near close to this asshole he is going to pull out all the punches.... let's hope he isn't near innocent people when it happens. God bless the officers they are definitely putting their lives on the line.

rob vaughn
10-10-2002, 09:10 PM
When they catch him ,I hope they SINK him !!!!!

Mark75H
10-10-2002, 09:30 PM
I suspect the gun involved is more likely to be a target/sniper rifle than a "assault rifle" type. The accuate range of the .223 cartidge in a fat barreled target rifle is a lot farther than with the more commonly known guns. Also a bit quieter. Hope it keeps raining here for a few more days.....you can't see much through a scope in the rain and rain decreases the accuracy a lot.

Did you see the STUPID display of guns that can shoot .223's at the first press conference? They picked the smallest they could....as if they thougth the people were shot with an evil handgun ! Duh! Who were they kidding?:mad:

insptech
10-10-2002, 10:28 PM
Ya know, I have the theory that he might be using a Thompson Center Contender in .223. That would explain why he only takes one shot. They are scary accurate, can be scoped, and would not stick out of a car. On the news they just said that ATF thinks it's a Mini 14 or an AR15 by the cartridge marks found in Bowie. If that's the case I don't know why they haven't found more cartridges-my Mini chucks those puppies quite a ways when it cycles. But they know best:rolleyes:

bulldogdaddy
10-11-2002, 03:04 AM
i'm just wondering when the mercinaries are going to get here?300,000$ reward pulls out alot of idiots!hey mark,like the ragboat capitol of the world,!with that exhaust setup i'm sure they love it when you go by them!just yell,net some hot air,lol

Jay R.
10-13-2002, 11:48 AM
WHat i wanna know is whats in the water there that keeps causeing this. my ex-wife's family is in baltimore and i remember a few years ago this was happing with some guy in camo running around with a full auto hoseing people. my ex's cusin was in a car behind a black woman who was shot and i think killed while riding along with her husband driving. he wasn't sniping but he was also shooting at random....

I have a theory about let go wet workers... an awful lot of government in that area.....

Kathleen Michelle
10-16-2002, 09:13 AM
The "Sniper" has not shot anyone in 36 hours.... last victim FBI analyst at a home depot parking garage.... Fairfax was swarming with all kinds of police and ATF people and FBI people.... within minutes.... the bastard got away..... NOW THEY ARE CALLING IN THE TROOPS....... MILITARY..... AIRFORCE IS READY TO FLY ABOVE DC AND MD. WHEN THEY STRIKE AGAIN!

Description from witnesses from the last shooting.... A MAN OF MID EASTERN DECENT! WOULD A MAN OF MID EASTERN DECENT REALLY BE DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS.... ESPECIALLY FOLLOWING THE EVENTS OF SEPTEMBER 11th.... NOT UNLESS HE HAS A DEATH WISH!!!!!!! The police are getting together a composite sketch at this time.... they are not saying it is the work of terrorist..... but they are also not ruling it out........ the Pentagon is now involved...... SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT......

bulldogdaddy
10-16-2002, 01:28 PM
ya know nothing surprises me in this world anymore but it does seam funny their gonna put unmaned drones up in the air,humm,with 3 major airports around i hope the drone doesn't go into a planes engine!

outrace
10-17-2002, 04:01 AM
Sorry I did read that wrong , went back and read it again but too late I had allready posted reply. Anyway I was not trying to promote to you or anyone else how you wish to live but simply saying that from all the reports we get over here that life seems a little more peacefull where we are. Still if any of you see the bastard sniper and have a gun with you please shoot with all you've got and I will be just as happy as you. I wouldnt be suprized if it turns out to be a towel head camel jockey.

Rickracer
10-17-2002, 06:51 AM
One thing many of us need to understand is that many of those Osama followers don't necessarily have a death wish, but they have been taught that if they die doing the work of the "jihad", that what waits for them in "heaven" (or whatever they call it) far supasses any pleasures they have experienced here on earth. Can you say brainwashed? Then again, it may be some "downsized" federal ex-employee, or perhaps a disgruntled postal worker. Who knows?? My point is that most of us can't fathom the hated that lives within some of the followers of Bin laden. We have no basis for understanding it. In order for us to understand it, we would need to be able to identify somewhat with what they feel, and for most of us, that isn't possible. We just need to believe that it is possible, and to be ever watchful for any signs of it. :(

delawarerick
10-17-2002, 07:11 AM
Rick I resemble that remark. Just funning you I spent 25 plus years in the postal system. Ah the smell of gun powder at 6 am just brings back fond memeries. In all sencerity this person has no feelings alot like the snipers in Vietnam. To him a target is that a target. As if there is no value to human life. Im scared if he goes underground this will wind up unsolved. Rick

Rickracer
10-17-2002, 07:36 AM
I knew you would take that in the context it was meant. ;) :D :cool:

delawarerick
10-17-2002, 07:43 AM
Rick I think its in the glue. 25 years of exposure to stamp glue has destroyed many brain cells. Will be in Fl end of Dec-Jan wife has work down there and I have play to do. Lets keep in touch and I will look some of you Fl guys up. You being one of the wisest in that you still believe in the white motor. Rick out:D

Kathleen Michelle
10-17-2002, 08:25 AM
I know... when I began typing that I was watching cnn at the same time.... my fingers couldn't move fast enough... I am just outraged that this person or persons has this much hatred in them.... I think most of our lives changed on September 11th in regards to the way we live... the way we think...the way we feel... we realize how precious life is.....

I could sit here till I am blue in the face saying the same thing... " this person or persons have no right to take innocent lives... people that kill obviously have many issues beginning with the way they feel about themselves. They are to coward to take their "own" life they in turn take the lives of another.... or many others for that matter....

As for being "brainwashed" by someone like Osama these people must also have issues...... OBVIOUSLY!! I am not sure how one person has the power to pound hatred into heads of so many. These people know absolutely no other way to live.... I don't believe that..... you are responsible for your own actions NO ONE else is !! Brainwashed or not.

I think back when I was a child..... I do not ever remember turning the t.v. on and hearing the things my children hear today.... the only channel I keep on for them is the cartoon network and even some of the cartoons seem to be violent!! Hell look at the video games!! Parents need to seriously take a look at what is happening in this world we live in...... Our children are our future...... it scares the **** out of me when I think of my children and their future and what kind of a world they will be living in. Hell right now they don't even feel safe in school.... that is quite sad.

AS FOR THE SNIPER!!!!!!! WELL HOPEFULLY THE AUTHORITIES WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT! CAN'T SEE WHAT KIND OF A CHANCE THIS PERSON HAS IF THEY STRIKE AGAIN........ GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS PLANNING...... I THINK IF THEY HIT AGAIN....... IT WON'T BE JUST ONE PERSON THEY HIT.......... I THINK IT COULD BE MANY.