PDA

View Full Version : Alterscale Mark 75H......oh well

Mark75H
10-06-2002, 10:55 AM
More of the same.

Link to alterscale (http://www.alterscale.com/Mark_75H.html)

Looks like the blue on blue idea (bad as it is) is a little cleaned up. Color of the distributor is improved, but a rectifier jumped on the latest spy pictures. Text says this will be removed for the finished motor. 75H's used "total loss" ignition/charging (just a pair of dry cell batteries). Total loss just means a regular battery ignition with no charging circuit; you can ony run until the batteries die. Fortunately, regular heat racing and speed record attempts were well in the range of one set of batteries.

Another complaint I have: the carbs are modeled after the MK75/Merc 600 AJ series carb, not the KA3A/KA6A's that are accurate for the 75H.

I tried to lend them a prop much like the one Entrop used to set the speed record, but I think they used a regular Merc800 Speedmaster prop.

Raceman
10-07-2002, 04:31 AM
It's a shame about the carbs, but I reserved one anyway. I've been pushin' em to do a T2X and a champ motor for some time. (actually sending suggestive E mails is a more accurate description than "pushing") They were supposedly doing it a year or so ago, but stopped on it. I really wish they'd do a super accurate Twister series. I guess it all depends on how quick the 75H's sell out. What's up with those blue motors anyway? I just don't see them selling 200 high dollar replicas of something that Merc apparently never made.

Mark75H
10-07-2002, 03:50 PM
I just got an email from the guy doing the model.......he says any inaccuracies are totally Merc's fault as they own the rights to the 75H as their product being licensed to Alterscale. Can you say cop out?

With the enormous popularity of the Mark 20H racing motor (~$2,500 on eBay these days) I'd guess it would be a better seller than the Twister line

They expect to begin shipping the 75H model late in November. I would guess this actually means they are in production at this time and the shipping should get the first batch here before Christmas.

Mark75H
10-16-2002, 09:29 PM
red 75H model with cowls on (http://www.alterscale.com/Mark75H-red.jpg)

All my original red front covers have the while background plastic emblem, not the black Alterscale used. My blue fronts do have black emblems. I guess I'll know if the red motor has a correct white emblem when I open the box in December.

retry the link on my first post as well, some new photos have been added to that page