PDA

View Full Version : Blow out and other steering problems

Techno
10-01-2002, 10:13 PM
I'm no expert on any of this and I hope never to be if you know what I mean.
From recent posts I'm pretty confused about some of this. So how about some general explainations. The glossery describes but doesn't prevent these situations.

For one if I'm holding against torque and the gearcase blows out I don't think I'm going to turn the wheel(more). Could be wrong.
How does the different steering system react to this situation. Regular, no feed back, hydraulic?
How do you prevent these things or feel them coming on so you know its time to do something to prevent them?

What about hooking and any of the other steering related surprises? I know there are diffs between something as simple as A Vee hull and Mod VP but since people are running all kinds of stuff any thing will be useful.

I think it is important to understand things rather than just remember the rule.
A big rock and small rock hit the ground at the same time. Never was told in school why, only that they do. Figured it out one night of bar hopping.

Jeff_G
10-03-2002, 07:50 PM
See the thread on Technical

airide18
10-12-2002, 10:42 AM
You dont know when the hull is going to blow out it just happenes.The best thing to do is turn the opposite direction as fast as possible.

boataddict26
11-12-2002, 09:17 PM
turn so fast you over compensate though.

airide18
11-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Ill remember to take your advice :D :D