PDA

View Full Version : lucky to be here.

stvhelm
10-01-2002, 08:35 AM
last night i tried to rush home from work (nyc). I took an alternate route (Ocean pkwy) to avoid traffic. this road has very little traffic. you can pretty much go as fast you can with nobody in your way. Well. I was going about 110 in my 99 taurus wagon and some how I passed an unmarked state trooper. If my car wouldnt shut off at 115 i wouldve been going faster but anyhow, he didnt pull me over for about ten miles until he called for back up. then a marked car stopped me. I dont know how the hell he caught up but he did. boy he was pissed. i gave him my license and he said just relax while I right you a couple of tickets. I told him i was late to pick my son off the school bus and he must be waiting there by himself and in five minutes i was back on the road with just a failed turn signal summons. There is a God.. thankyou. in this state you would get arrested and loose your license for that. from now on i will stick to the boat to go fast.

vector mike
10-01-2002, 10:54 AM
Was that the real reason you were going too fast or did you just make it up? I'll have to remember that one! A friend of mine got pulled over for speeding and he told the officer that he had to take a **** and that was why he was hurrying and he let him go with just a warning. :)

stvhelm
10-01-2002, 02:14 PM
it was partially. my wife gets there about 5 minutes after the bus. i usually am there to get him. but its not a big deal if im late. iwas really just trying to make up time from the traffic i sat in on another pkwy (southern state pkwy). I just exagerated the truth a little.

woodco
10-01-2002, 09:19 PM
How's that Taurus handle at 110 ????

:D :cool:

stvhelm
10-01-2002, 10:22 PM
It dont. the road was straight as an arrow. the taurus is a real smooth ride and it dont feel like your going that fast at all. :rolleyes:

Gordie Miller
10-01-2002, 10:32 PM
If they had designed the southern state parkway better, you would not have lost time there. Thus the need to make up the time ultimately falls at the feet of the state of NY for poor road design. Yeah, I like that.

stvhelm
10-01-2002, 10:41 PM
I know, tell me about it. I guess you been here. traffic sucks

Techno
10-01-2002, 10:46 PM
I bought a book on how to avoid speeding tickets. The cop who wrote it mentioned pulling over a Nun and was about to let her go, then he noticed her nail polish. Turned out to be a saleswomen who had a bushel of tickets and this was her method of not getting anymore.
A few of the other cops remembered pulling over a speeding Nun and letting her go. They didn't notice the make up.

Next time get one of those collers and a black suit.

Doubledog
10-23-2002, 07:20 AM
You ain't lyin' when you said it could've been worse.

When we headed to Switzerland a few months ago, I was maintaining around 100-130 mph for four hours.

It was the most stressful drives I've ever made, though traffic wasn't heavy.

Nothing like seeing a half dozen Beemers and Benzes screaming along and blowing your doors off when you think you're haulin ass.