PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Future Floor Shine?

Trip
02-12-2010, 06:18 PM
I am looking to bring a shine back to my little speed boat. I'm not looking for a show-room finish, just something that looks good from 5ft. It's a $1000 boat, I don't want to sink another thousand into the finish if I can put a band aid on it to last me for another couple of years.

I have tried wet sanding with 1,500-2,000 then wheeling it out, but the factory clear was sanded off way before I got to it.

I know this is not the proper way to "Fix" the finish, but if I can make it look better, I'll be happy.

Does anybody have any experience with this stuff? Any tricks?

Thanks,

delawarerick
02-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Pledge with lemon or orange even smells good. I asked this and someone pmed me. I have a dying clear coat and worn in spots over metalflake looks good the day I use it. Check the shoot out page 10 old checkmate with inline6. Don't last long but looks bootiful. Rick

Trip
02-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm not talking about furniture polish... Future is an acrylic finish, similar to clear coat. It can be applied with a brush or sprayed through a paint gun.

twright55
02-13-2010, 10:30 AM
I used floor polish (the expensive coploymer stuff, which is essentially an acrylic clear coat) and it made the boat shiny, but there's no depth whatsoever. It was a little disappointing for all the trouble you go through. And it only lasts about a month. And it gets cloudy when it gets wet.

williamsdetailing
03-17-2010, 08:36 AM
All acrylic floor waxes on fiberglass suck. you will hate yourself in about a year. the gelcoat clouds up underneath and turns a slight yellow. Then the product will wear off and look like crap. You will have patches of shiny and dull spots. The only way to get this stuff off is to use an industrial floor wax stipper, which can permanently damage your gelcoat/paint if you don't be carefull with it. These types of product were popular in the 90's but people quickly realized they were junk. I still get an occasional boat come in for a detail that has remnants of this stuff left on the boat from a previous owner. I charge at least double when I see this stuff on a boat, no matter how much residue is left.