PDA

View Full Version : Was given a nitro RC hydroplane...

Scream And Fly
02-07-2010, 10:54 PM
A friend of mine bought this Aquacraft Miss Vegas Deuce (http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub34-missvegas-deuce/index.html) nitro RC boat, but moved on to other projects (jets) and hasn't even used it. He's sending it to me, so I wanted your opinions on it.

Here's the link: http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub34-missvegas-deuce/index.html

I don't know much about the boats, but it appears to be constructed of fiberglass. Anyone know anything about this model?

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub34-missvegas-deuce/aqub34-gallery4-lg.jpg

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub34-missvegas-deuce/aqub34-gallery14-lg.jpg

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub34-missvegas-deuce/aqub34-gallery6-lg.jpg

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub34-missvegas-deuce/aqub34-gallery10-lg.jpg

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub34-missvegas-deuce/aqub34-gallery5-lg.jpg

pyro
02-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Sweet. I showed off my Blade mSR to my neighbor today, flew it around in front of his house in the freezing cold. He said he liked it, and said he's also got a nitro or gas boat of some kind he wants to give me too. Yours looks like a blast. ;)

Mark Poole ModVP
02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
The Miss Vegas by Aquacraft is designed to be a user friendly RTR (ready to run) boat for those who want to buy a boat and get on the water. These boats are the basis of the RTR class that are now included at many sanctioned races. Great little boats for the money. If you go to the Aquacraft website there are upgrades listed for them as well as a complete parts list. No. 1 on the upgrade list would be a prop. If you like playing with this boat you would really like having an outboard tunnel.

fichrman2
02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Your so done now Greg- very addicting, you will be looking for more speed before you know it- lol :thumbsup:

Mark nailed it on the head- I raced strictly Mono's since I started racing rc boats. Ran an outboard tunnel for the first time yest and had a blast.
It helped to be running a well setup boat though......
Dont get excited Foley, my X-Mono isnt going anywhere :nonod:

Andy

Tom Foley
02-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Send me the motor to tweak !! We'll have you in a twin before long . I'm gonna bring a gas boat to River Ranch this year for fun .

TUG
02-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi Greg, Welcome to the addiction. Ive got one of those myself but you'll be wanting more power as they aren't very fast at all. I chose to strip mine down right out of the box and i'm putting a dynamite .32 in it. The .32 has alot of torque and will turn a very large prop and will push that boat MUCH faster and they are only $100. If your gonna race, this is a no no but otherwise WELL worth the effort.
Another good boat is the Thundercat, Its cheap and runs very well for the money and also comes with the dynamite .32. I run 50% in it and a 225 prather and it screams....
The outboards are the most fun for me so far as they are more challenging to set up and drive but to each his own.
Ive got a few JAE riggers i haven't built yet but from what ive seen they look like they might give the outboards a run for their money in the fun department and as somebody already said, get ready because it is addicting! Ive been in it 1 year now and i have 10 boats :o
Foley has some pretty awesome stuff . The twins are the chit and will probably be next on my list :thumbsup: Good luck!

fichrman2
02-27-2010, 09:25 PM
So far from what I have seen and read- the JAE's are the bomb for small riggers.
Martin Truex Jr had a lot to do with testing and design btw. :thumbsup:
The boom tubes seem to be the only weak link so far. Keep us posted on your builds.

And yeah ,
Foleys stuff is FAST :cheers:

Andy

TUG
02-27-2010, 10:30 PM
I went ahead and ordered Two .12's and Two .21g2's. I got 2 of each in case i screw up! :p I build things for a living so it shouldnt go to wrong. They will be my first full build . I was thinking about cutting my own but after seeing the price of those things its crazy not to buy the kits. VERY nice for the money. Gonna run a Greenhead in the G2 and i'm gonna get rid of this Super Tiger .18 and get a Nova for the 12g! Should be fun . I would also like to reshape the cosmetics on the sponsons (not running surface) like Truex did. Makes for a better look i think..... :cheers:

fichrman2
02-27-2010, 10:59 PM
I went ahead and ordered Two .12's and Two .21g2's. I got 2 of each in case i screw up! :p I build things for a living so it shouldnt go to wrong. They will be my first full build . I was thinking about cutting my own but after seeing the price of those things its crazy not to buy the kits. VERY nice for the money. Gonna run a Greenhead in the G2 and i'm gonna get rid of this Super Tiger .18 and get a Nova for the 12g! Should be fun . I would also like to reshape the cosmetics on the sponsons (not running surface) like Truex did. Makes for a better look i think..... :cheers:

I have heard the Zipkits stuff is very nice,
Is that gold head in your pic a 3.5 or 7.5 ??

TUG
02-27-2010, 11:12 PM
CMB 21 RS on left with zoom Carb, OS lower and SB Hi-Perf pipe
Right hand is CMB .21 greenhead "faded" on OS lower with SB long pipe.....
The greeny is getting a new crank , rod and bearings and will be going in the G2....

Jo Boone
02-28-2010, 12:18 AM
There good boats. i have two i race. let me know if you need any parts or setup help:D:thumbsup:

Jo Boone
02-28-2010, 12:23 AM
oh, and i have a brass 535 prop you can have if it has the stock plastic on. just let me know, its been shaved and bal..... its yours if you want it:thumbsup:

john j 80 viking
10-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Sorry for using this 2 1/2 year old thread, but I think you guys can help me out.

I have been trying to tune a Miss Vegas Duece with the stock .18 Tigre NM motor. It seems that I cannot get the mixture right, its either too lean or too rich. I did find a HSN setting were the boat had crazy power for about 1-2 minutes and the exhaust note was very crisp, then the motor would flatten out but pick up again while cornering. I did check the water tube to make sure it wasn't blocked.

What I've done to the boat so far is to port match the header (I must have enlarged it 25%), lengthen the slot in the strut 3/8" to further raise the prop height, and sharpen and polish all of the all hardware that runs thru the water. I am running the Octura 435 3 blade cleaver prop. I also have the 535 2 blade cleaver.

I am running 40% NM fuel and the temp today was about 50*. I must have brought the boat in 15-20 times today for carb adjustments.

Any ideas?

John

pyro
10-30-2013, 08:01 AM
The best thing you can do to tune it is to rip all that crap out and put a high-powered brushless system with LiPo power in there instead. Go faster, and wrench less.

john j 80 viking
10-30-2013, 04:01 PM
My son runs the Pro Boat Miss Geico with the lipo set up and I did notice that his life is a little easier than mine with the rc boat.
I wanted a nitro boat because I like the sound and I enjoy tinkering. I did have it running good previous to this last outing, but this was the coldest temp I've run it in also.

John

john j 80 viking
10-31-2013, 09:31 PM
I did a little poking around on the www and I found that there are a couple huge threads for the Miss Vegas Duece over on RC Universe. It sounds like the fuel cap is letting out the pressure and making the motor lean out on the straightaways when the rpms are really high. I am going to add another spring to hold down the fuel cap. This would also explain all the fuel all over the front of the boat.

Apparently this is one of the last RTR nitro boats anybody makes anymore.

John