PDA

View Full Version : You have to look at the good side of things

Techno
09-29-2002, 11:21 PM
I found out my mother went into Emergency last night. After 2 hours waiting and another 2 hours in a room they put her into ICU.
She fell on a table and broke 4 ribs and punctured a lung.
she also waited in the waiting room in pain and then in the room. My sister told them that there was blood in her vomit, she had threw up in "the room". It only took an hour or 2 for them to take action on this information. Apparrently blood in your vomit is not cause for alarm to some people.

Visited her this morning. She was sleeping but the good news is being taken out of ICU.

Several hours later - I've finished painting my boat bottom. Sweated a few gallons spraying the clear while dressed up in a plastic sweat bag chemical suit
The good news is the bottom is finally-finally FINISHED.

7 oclock my dog comes up to me whining, she never whines unless a leg is missing or some other equal level of pain. Earlier my sister had mentioned she couldn't be pregnant, she saw blood and is in heat.
Well I found out she wasn't in heat and took her up to dog emergency. 5 hours later I find out she has an infected uterus and thats where the blood is coming from. They are doing emergency surgery now which will cost me somewhere between $1,000 and 2,000. This is something like apendicitous.
The good news is I acted on this and she should be OK. I find out tomarrow morning.

OH. Did I mention the drag link that failed on my 32 year old car? The part that is obsolete and is no longer availabe?
Instead of 5-7 working days I should get it tomarrow!
The good news is it's availble and it didn't completely break. It did leave me with lousy steering to investigate. At least this happened on friday and not today!

And the best news is Sunday is over! If anything else happens it has to happen on a whole new day. I'm taking monday off.

gaineso
09-30-2002, 05:14 AM
Hope your Mom does okay. That sounds about right for emergency treatment. Unless you are bleeding on the floor, they won't seem to get to you. If you're bleeding on the floor they don't want to have to clean it up, so they'll stop the bleeding, or give you a bucket to bleed in. Totally sucks.

Good news is, shes's out of ICU. I'll say a little prayer for her.

baddjonny
09-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Went to go pick my mom up at hospital on monday the 23'rd she was in for shortness of breath which they said was caused from a small blood colt .They put her on a blood thinner drug she responded really well they said go home a day early that was last mon. that morning I was here on S&F from around 9 am till 11 or so got off my aunt calls and said call your mother she wants to go home. She's pissed that your on the computer all morning. I call she of course bitches and tells me to come at 1:30 I get to her room at 1:40 and the crash team is trying to revive her just like in the TV they asked who I was told them I'm her son a nurse grabes my arm pulls me out of the room to a ajoining office and tells me my mom got dressed and was waiting for me to pick her up and started to have problems breathing and passed out .
Ten min. later the doc waks in just frm the look on his face I knew She was gone.

I guess the morel of the story is You have to take the good with the bad and life goes on.

thanks
baddjonny

Flat Out
09-30-2002, 09:54 AM
Baddjonny, I'm sorry for your loss. Remember all the good times.
Techno , hope your Mom is doing better, your dog too.

AnthonySS
09-30-2002, 10:24 AM
Please know that I am sensitive to both your situations and will be praying for you and your families.

THANKS for letting us know

GOD BLESS

Hooty
09-30-2002, 12:55 PM
The Lord promised us lots of things but tomorrow wasn't one of them.

God bless both of you and your families.

Hooty

gaineso
10-01-2002, 04:09 AM
Baddjonny, I know words don't really mean a lot, but know a lot of us are thinking about you.

FCnLa
10-01-2002, 11:33 AM
You can tell that you guys are of strong character. I know where you are coming from....

Techno, just be glad you are in the US. I have heard it is much worse in other countries. I know how you feel about the hospitals. Had a visit there not too long ago. There was almost a gang fight in the emergency room. I would go into it in more detail, but yall would probably call me a racist (been called worse). I guess you would have to live in the deep south to understand.

Got another hurricane coming up into LA. The last one really screwed up the farm and put me to losing money again! Not as bad as last year. If it was, I would go out. I keep on saying "it will get better" even if I know it won't.

I hope no one gave any money to Farm Aid. I class them with the United Way and the Red Cross. Uh oh, I'd better quit now before I get political.....:eek:

H2Onut
10-01-2002, 11:43 AM
Badjohnny, sorry man, been in those same shoes, it sucks!

Techno, how are mother and doggie doing ?

H2Onut
10-01-2002, 11:45 AM
Man that has to suck, I am and idiot, so does like the rain F-up the cooton or crops, I fugure it would be about harvest time. But thinking bout it, I guess that must be the worst time for crappy weather, I am just a city boy, so I would be enlightened by some explanation.. Just so I have more common sense.

Thanks

Techno
10-01-2002, 05:43 PM
My mother is doing good. Hates hospital food so that should help get her motivated for the physical therapy. I don' t know what thats about. but guess after a week or whatever she goes to that. Her memory isn't too good on some things so she doesn't remember that she fell. So she also doesn't remember any of the previous pain.

I was supposed to pick up my cookie hound today, should be tomarrow instead. Eating and drinking today.

Can't finish painting the boat, this is probably a good thing rather than trying to complete it with weather that is getting too cold to continue. I'll just start winter mode earlier this year and do the winter stuff.

gaineso
10-01-2002, 05:51 PM
Techno

Glad to hear about everything except the boat. Probably doing the right thing though.

Another little prayer for your Mother's recovery.

woodco
10-01-2002, 09:15 PM
I wish you guys the best ....... :)

Thats some tough times to deal with .....