PDA

View Full Version : Need $??

DryMartini
01-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey.
(in the right section)? I am trying to earn money in any way I can, so I can buy this boat that I really want. Would anyone be interested in hiring me for work? I can help in any way possible (organize/clean garage etc)

-Sam

BTW: This is the boat I really want. And i know all you guys can help :thumbsup:

gregpro50
01-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Nice looking old boat. Just don't burn your tootsies on the exhaust if you are standing on the sundeck.

I know people here have had good luck with some of the labor-ready services around here.

DryMartini
01-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Nice looking old boat. Just don't burn your tootsies on the exhaust if you are standing on the sundeck.

I know people here have had good luck with some of the labor-ready services around here.

Im 16 years old and a reliable worker :thumbsup: That Chris Craft is my dream boat, that will be a great project boat if I can somehow get money. I am trying to sell my Mini Hawk, but no success yet.

D.B.S
01-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Looks like a money pit, nice to see a young man that wants to work.:thumbsup: Da** did I just say that? I feel old....:rolleyes:

DryMartini
01-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Looks like a money pit, nice to see a young man that wants to work.:thumbsup: Da** did I just say that? I feel old....:rolleyes:
Working is something i'd do anyday. Boating is my passion and in order to fufull that passion work is involved. If i worked hard for the 2 boats I own now, i know i can work even harder for this CC. Money pit is right- its a great project boat that can use some TLC

Capt.Insane-o
01-27-2010, 10:48 PM
-Sam

BTW: This is the boat I really want. And i know all you guys can help :thumbsup:

Ugh.. a soggy 1980's piece of crap.. don't bite off more than you can chew kid... I'd stick with the little boat and enjoy it.

mr fun
01-27-2010, 10:54 PM
what can you get to near your house quickly after school? any grocery stores, anything? dishwasher? if you want it bad enough, you'll figure a way out to make it happen. that way,my son,,, you'll learn from it :thumbsup::iagree::cool:

qctracing
01-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Ugh.. a soggy 1980's piece of crap.. don't bite off more than you can chew kid... I'd stick with the little boat and enjoy it.

Great advice. You will look back one day and realize you are way ahead of the game with what you have at that age. I wouldn't get into a big project without big $$$$ available

fast fun 2
01-27-2010, 10:57 PM
More rot than you can imagine....and the first time he stands on it hell be dissapointed too :(

DryMartini
01-27-2010, 11:07 PM
More rot than you can imagine....and the first time he stands on it hell be dissapointed too :(

Crawled all over that boat for 2 hours taking note of different things. I have the owners number and I am calling him again tomorrow. It's a solid boat just needs updated upholstery and an engine tune up. I will keep updating my mini hawk in the meantime.

DryMartini
01-27-2010, 11:10 PM
what can you get to near your house quickly after school? any grocery stores, anything? dishwasher? if you want it bad enough, you'll figure a way out to make it happen. that way,my son,,, you'll learn from it :thumbsup::iagree::cool:

My highschool custodial workers hire students sometimes to help with simple jobs. That's something that could possibly help.

Dave S
01-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Set my Legs on earth the same way as You. Get a Lawn mower. Go house to House. Offer to do it for less. 5 jobs at $10 will add up quickly. Work in ya Zone. When you can get a Car. Mow more inyour Zone. Learn to grow. Hire people to work for ya. Or call Ralph at Lindinhurst marine and work on motors.:rolleyes:

harrells
01-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Iv'e gotta say that kid has passion. Don't see too many these day's willing to work hard for something they really want. Most are too lazy playing video games or texting, or begging mom and dad for money such as mine do. My boy is only 11 though. I only hope he has the drive that you do when he is your age. Good luck kid, and remember, Good things come to people who are willing to work hard.

DryMartini
01-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Iv'e gotta say that kid has passion. Don't see too many these day's willing to work hard for something they really want. Most are too lazy playing video games or texting, or begging mom and dad for money such as mine do. My boy is only 11 though. I only hope he has the drive that you do when he is your age. Good luck kid, and remember, Good things come to people who are willing to work hard.

Thank You :)

I actually do mow lawns (Dave S, mentioned lawn mowing) and I make good $ I just dont have a winter job.

Dave S
02-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Have a Snow Shovel....Kid just keep at it. The best $$$$ I ever got was wheelling and Dealling.:thumbsup: Find deals that can make you a profit.:thumbsup:

DryMartini
02-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Have a Snow Shovel....Kid just keep at it. The best $$$$ I ever got was wheelling and Dealling.:thumbsup: Find deals that can make you a profit.:thumbsup:

Good idea! I we had a little snow on the ground- got to it :).

I also have decided to keep the Mini Hawk and I think that was a good choice:thumbsup: