PDA

View Full Version : flooding injecters

myron
01-17-2010, 10:45 AM
what would be the symptom of a flooding injecter

Jay Smith
01-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Hard to start , lackluster performance on top...
Jay

mrcrsr
01-17-2010, 10:58 AM
if in doubt brendan powers(powers performance engineering) a supporting vendor on here, checks and cleans injectors and he is on the west coast of fla for fast turn around time, if you think you have questionable injectors don't take a chance on engine damage!

myron
01-17-2010, 11:05 AM
I was running back Sunday and at about 5000 RPM's it would drop to about 4500, then pick back up,when I got home I pulled the plugs, number 6 looked like it was washed at the bottom of the porcelain, did not looked to be water but hard to tell, it idled fine and ran fine, but would changed about 500 rpms every 1/4 mile or so, the engine sounded like flooding

mrcrsr
01-17-2010, 11:07 AM
I was running back Sunday and at about 5000 RPM's it would drop to about 4500, then pick back up,when I got home I pulled the plugs, number 6 looked like it was washed at the bottom of the porcelain, did not looked to be water but hard to tell, it idled fine and ran fine, but would changed about 500 rpms every 1/4 mile or so, the engine sounded like flooding is this on a 260? if so pull the fuel rail and turn the fuel pump on and look at the injectors, if you need help i am an hour from you

myron
01-17-2010, 11:11 AM
280 with 260 electrics

mrcrsr
01-17-2010, 11:23 AM
same thing as the 260, pull the rail and look at the injectors, but that won't tell you whats going on while its running, if its been awhile send them out to brendan

us1
01-17-2010, 12:41 PM
A plugged injector won't cut in and out. It just stops working altogether. Sounds like it might be an electrical problem in the ignition or in the injector wiring harness.

myron
01-17-2010, 01:35 PM
it sounds more electrical, but when I pulled the plugs #6 looked a little washed like I said

Pearce
01-17-2010, 01:58 PM
check your grounds on your coils.

mrcrsr
01-17-2010, 03:56 PM
the 280 electrics will record a misfire, you'd have to put a ddt on it(i have one)

us1
01-17-2010, 07:30 PM
If its not firing it will look washed with unburned gas.

Tony Brucato
01-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Myron, with the 260 electronics an electrical or ECU problem would cause #5 to flood along with #6 unless there was an injector harness problem.
We can check your injectors for you and if you're having an injector flooding we can often repair that.

myron
01-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks Tony, you guys serviced these about a year or so ago, I will see what I find

Jay Smith
01-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Myron ,
Sounds electrical to me too ....Most injector flooding is like I said hard to start and running real fat and lazy..

BTW: Tony/Linda has serviced 5 sets for me and my customers in the last 2 weeks .. With great service and cat quick turn overs times..

Thanks Guys ( Brucato's ) for batting 1000 for JSRE for all these years....

Jay

mrcrsr
01-18-2010, 07:40 AM
myron, let me know if we can help, brendan's service tends to be faster w/ state of the art equipment used on his formula one engines,no "recalibration" charges and his pricing is better, and he's local, you get the same printout for injector placement, etc. have you performed a leakdown and compression test on your engine lately? when was it reringed/rebuilt? also, have you checked spark output on that cylinder

Tony Brucato
01-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Myron ,
Sounds electrical to me too ....Most injector flooding is like I said hard to start and running real fat and lazy..

BTW: Tony/Linda has serviced 5 sets for me and my customers in the last 2 weeks .. With great service and cat quick turn overs times..

Thanks Guys ( Brucato's ) for batting 1000 for JSRE for all these years....

Jay

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jay!
Our injector equipment is unique to the needs of a high performance 2 stroke motor. We measure each injector individually to weed out the problem injectors. Usually our ultrasonic cleaning and backflushing will return the injector to its original specifications.
Bosch 036 injectors, especially ones that were not manufactured in Germany, are more prone to flooding because of weak return springs from fatigue or errosion. In some cases the spring tension was never correctly established in the manufacturing process.
We are often able to re-adjust and calibrate the return mechanism here. We have devised a method and equipment to add the correct tension to the spring and restore the injector to correct specifications.
This is a time consuming process and requires the problem injector to be tested for flow several times. We charge an additional $30 per injector for this service.
Not all faulty injectors can be calibrated in this manner. We can determine from the flow ratio of 5Ms vs. 2.5Ms if the injector will fall back into place.