PDA

View Full Version : Bravo 30 and 300X

us.patriot
09-25-2002, 09:20 AM
Hi all,

I have a 21 Eliminator Daytona, jack and offset with a 300x.

Currently I am running a lightning 32 and was GPS'd a 104MPH.

As expected, no hole shot. So after some research I chose a Bravo I 30 for the all around prop expecting to get maybe 90 or 95MPH out of it with an awesome holeshot.

I drilled 1" holes in it, and tried it out last weekend. I could barely get out of the hole. Do I need to go bigger with the holes, or did I just waste my money on the prop?

us.patriot

vector mike
09-25-2002, 11:04 AM
If you are talking about the holes behind the blades in the hub, those holes are there to let the exhaust through to create cavatation to make the prop slip to get the rpm's up for the holeshot. If you arn't getting any bite now you either have to lower your LU or plug those holes up or make them smaller.

us.patriot
09-25-2002, 12:04 PM
The 300x is a very different animal than the 2.5. My old 2.5 didn't care whehter it was over hub or through hub. A few nicely drilled holes took care of the breathing issue and let the exhaust out.

The 300, on the other hand, doesn' seem to like through hubs. I spoke with someone on this board over a year ago who said they needed to drill 2" oblong holes before it would breath properly. But I expected 1" holes would do more than they did. I guess my next bet is to drill the 2" and see what happens. Obviously, if that doesn't work, then the prop won't work as the holes will take up most of the space between the blades.

us.patriot

vector mike
09-25-2002, 12:11 PM
When you say "no holeshot" I'm assuming you ment that it was over reving with no bite, not just being a pig and not reving up. I think if that prop doesn't work for you after you drill bigger holes in it, it will probably be yours forever. I will probably be hard to get rid of with holes that big in it. Why not try a Chopper Mazco RE first before ruining that prop.

Nosubforcid
09-25-2002, 12:46 PM
If the Bravo One is hooking up so hard it bogs the motor drilling holes is waste of time you aren't going to vent enough exhaust that way. You need an over-thru hub prop find a 27" or 29" shooter and have it rehubbed for your motor. Shooters are inexpensive and they work fine for rigs like yours if you spin it 6700 you should run right around 90 depending on your gear ratio. I would have 1.62 on this rig so I didn't have to run such high pitch props. Usually better efficiency in our sub 15" diameters with pitches of 30" or less. You could also try putting a tube on your ET a big blade chopper one fits fine.

us.patriot
09-25-2002, 01:27 PM
Thanks guys,

Why is it that my boats are always different? Damn!

Okay..... The dogishness is due to not letting the exhaust through the hub. I've tried that Masco. It worked great for high speed, but the hole shot wasn't there. Yes, and by holeshot, I mean no revs. With the Bravo, after the pressure builds and the exhaust has nowhere to go but out, it does start spinning.

As for the shooters, tried em all. 26, 27, and even the 29. Owned um all. I didn't drill holes in those, as I've heard the Bravo was a better all round prop for my setup with a 16 in offset.

Anyway, everything points to not enough breathing room. I was hoping the guy I talked to last year in Havasu would read my post and update me on how his bravo with 2" holes. Oh well.

Thanks.

Us.patriot