PDA

View Full Version : Shurhold Polisher???...

Superboat Rob
12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Does anyone have any experience or opinion about the Shurhold orbital polisher?...I saw it on shipshape TV and am considering it...
heres a link with a video...
http://store.shurhold.com/Random-Orbit-Polisher-p/3100.htm

mikeylarge
12-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Thats just your generic DA based polsiher. It is good for applying wax or glaze or removing miner etching/swirl marks. In my opinion you would be wasting your time tryin to get that deep luster out of gel coat with this polisher

Shurhold
12-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for your comments on Shurholds dual action buffer.

While there are plenty of positive comments and reviews across the internet on this unit, I just wanted to list a couple of features of this unit that make it far from generic.

1. 20 foot power cord
2. GFCI protected plug end
3. 3 holding options( Adjustable D Handle, Side Handle, Ergonomic cover hold)
4. Canvas carry bag
5. PU velcro backing plate
6. 6 speed variable high output motor attached to the unique random action

In addition to this Shurhold offers a complete matched line of pads and compounds specifically designed for waxing or polishing. This is just one part of a complete Shurhold system.

FYI. This unit just won the NMMA Innovation Award at MAATS.

As always happy boating.

Shurhold
Clean-n-Simple!
www.shurhold.com

Li'l Toy
12-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Mr. Shurhold--sorry I forgot your name from the show--I have enjoyed your products and your appearances with Mr. Greviskis. Welcome to Scream & Fly, though if you will be appearing regularly here you probably need to register and pay as a supporting vendor.

My question is this--I own a random orbital polisher. It is a Craftsman, but pretty clearly the same product that is sold at many auto parts stores, but of course I forget the name.

I have faded areas in my gelcoat that I have been able to diminish but not remove with that machine and some pretty fine compound. I am afraid to go to the full high speed buffer (though I am about resigned to do that) for fear of damaging the gellcoat on my 25 year old Eliminator.

I get the long cord, gfi, etc.--but will you machine do anything in terms of working the finish that is more than my present random orbital polisher?

Shurhold
12-31-2009, 04:27 PM
With out knowing all the facts it is hard to give a proper answer. Assuming you are speaking of the standard style RO that has the motor in the middle on the top and you hold with 2 hands on either side? If so that is very different in power and action to a DA style unit like ours. Additionally the proper pads and compounds complete the picture.

To remove oxidation use our Buff Magic compound with our wool pad of the same name. Then follow it up with a protective wax like our Pro Polish using the black foam pad of the same name.

I hope this helps.

Barry Berhoff - President
Shurhold
www.shurhold.com

Li'l Toy
12-31-2009, 04:51 PM
That's what I needed. Mine is the two hand, motor on top. I will look into yours.

Superboat Rob
01-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for your comments on Shurholds dual action buffer.

While there are plenty of positive comments and reviews across the internet on this unit, I just wanted to list a couple of features of this unit that make it far from generic.

1. 20 foot power cord
2. GFCI protected plug end
3. 3 holding options( Adjustable D Handle, Side Handle, Ergonomic cover hold)
4. Canvas carry bag
5. PU velcro backing plate
6. 6 speed variable high output motor attached to the unique random action

In addition to this Shurhold offers a complete matched line of pads and compounds specifically designed for waxing or polishing. This is just one part of a complete Shurhold system.

FYI. This unit just won the NMMA Innovation Award at MAATS.

As always happy boating.

Shurhold
Clean-n-Simple!
www.shurhold.com

Happy New Year....
I appreciate the response.....
i actually have been using my uncles professional polishing wheel...
It is older and very heavy, i think im going to give your product a shot since it seems to be more comfortable to work with yet it still has the RPM and power im looking for without the possibility of burning paint or gelcoat..

Thank alot, ROB

cat06
01-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Mr. Shurhold--sorry I forgot your name from the show--I have enjoyed your products and your appearances with Mr. Greviskis. Welcome to Scream & Fly, though if you will be appearing regularly here you probably need to register and pay as a supporting vendor.

My question is this--I own a random orbital polisher. It is a Craftsman, but pretty clearly the same product that is sold at many auto parts stores, but of course I forget the name.

I have faded areas in my gelcoat that I have been able to diminish but not remove with that machine and some pretty fine compound. I am afraid to go to the full high speed buffer (though I am about resigned to do that) for fear of damaging the gellcoat on my 25 year old Eliminator.

I get the long cord, gfi, etc.--but will you machine do anything in terms of working the finish that is more than my present random orbital polisher?

Wow thats some balls:rolleyes:

Tell the guy he needs to pay to answer peoples questions, then ask him a question. So hope you plan on paying him for his advice:thumbsup:

Maybe you should leave it to the admins, whether they think he needs to pay or not:rolleyes::thumbsup:

Barry thanks for coming to the site, hopefully people with this guys attitude won't run you off

Li'l Toy
01-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I thought I meant it as a friendly suggestion how to go about it to someone who didn't know how S&F works. But if you thinks that's ballsy, I appreciate it--usually I'm not ballsy enough.

cat06
01-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I thought I meant it as a friendly suggestion how to go about it to someone who didn't know how S&F works. But if you thinks that's ballsy, I appreciate it--usually I'm not ballsy enough.

it's S&F Admin business not yours! Are you also a self appointed cop? IRS agent? etc

Did you pay the man for answering your question?